University of Kerela offers MCA program at the postgraduate level. The duration of MCA program is 3 years. Applicants who have completed a graduation degree with maths as a subject can apply for MCA offered by Kerala University. Admisison to MCA is granted on the basis of a valid score in Entrance exam conducted by the University.
Application to Kerla University MCA program are online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in. Application Fee for General and SEBC candidates is INR 800 and for SC/ST candidates the application fee is INR 400. There are a total of 9 colleges under Kerala University that provide MCA course, namely:
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala University MCA Course
- Nativity: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Academic: Candidates should have studied a Degree course with a minimum 3 years duration (after 10+2), with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Engineering and Technology as a Main/ Subsidiary/ Core subject at the Degree level.
The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SEBC and physically handicapped) marks in their Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient.
Categorization Of Seats:
The seats are mainly divided into three categories, namely:
- Government: These seats are allotted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) based on the rank list.
- Management: These seats are set apart in Aided / Self-financing institutions to be filled up by the Management concerned on the basis of the Supreme Court direction and Government Orders on this behalf.
- Lapsed: These seats may be filled up by the institution itself when the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations intimates that he would not be allotting any more candidates against such seats.
Admission Process for Kerala University MCA Course
Entrance examination will be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for the selection of candidates for admission to MCA Course. All candidates who are eligible for admission and whose application have been accepted will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination. The Entrance Examination will be of two hours duration and will be conducted at selected venues in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, and Kozhikode.
The Allotment Process will be done through a Single Window System (SWS) of Allotment to give allotments to the various colleges under Govt. Control based on the options submitted online by the candidates who have been included in the rank list. The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, the rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidate.
Documents required at Time of Admission:
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
- SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the Application Form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala (For outside Candidates)
- Certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office (In case of Government Employees)
- Migration certificate (If applicable).
How to Apply for Kerala University MCA Course
- Apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Application Fee for General and SEBC candidates is INR 800. For SC/ST candidates the application fee is INR 400.
- Take a print out of the filled application form and affix a passport sized photograph, and get the form attested by a gazetted officer.
- The certificates mentioned under 'Certificates Necessary', print out of the form, and fee challan from State Bank of Travancore are to be sent to the office.
- In the application, the candidate has to write the challan number, date of payment, fee amount, Bank branch, put his/her signature below the declaration.
- Send the Application form by Registered Post/Speed Post/Hand Delivery to
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001.
The following certificates are mandatory to be sent along with the application form:
- Original Challan/DD towards remittance of application fees.
- Copy of the S.S.L.C book or any other relevant record to prove Date of birth.
- Copy of the degree certificate & mark lists of the qualifying examination (if passed).
- Certificates to prove nativity.
- Income & Community Certificates in support of SEBC/OEC claim (Original)
- Community Certificate in support of SC/ST claim (Original).
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate in the prescribed format, if applicable (original).
- Copy of Certificate from the Medical Board for Persons with Disabilities, duly attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Copy of BPL Certificate issued by Competent LSG Authority, duly attested by Gazetted Officer (Applicable to forward community candidates, claiming BPL reservation).
- Any other documents mentioned in the Notification of the Entrance Examination.
Know more about Kerala University Admissions
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College