NG Ranga University Ph.D. Admissions 2019: Application Form, Dates, Cut Off
ANGRAU is responsible for Education, Research and Extension in Agriculture and allied fields in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The University imparts instruction leading to the Doctoral degree courses in Agriculture, Home Science/Agricultural Engineering and allied fields.
ANGRAU invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in the field of Agriculture, Home Science and Agricultural Engineering for the academic year. The admission will be based on Entrance Test followed by an Interview and the previous academic performance. Read More: ANGRAU Admission 2019
Mode of Application
Online & Offline Both
16th Jun, 2020
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
| Last date for submitting the Application ||16th Jun, 2020 |
Eligibility M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture
|Ph.D. (Agriculture) ||Ag. Economics|
|Genetics and Plant Breeding|
|Soil Science and Ag. Chemistry|
|Ph.D. (Home Science)||Foods and Nutrition|
|Human Development and Family Studies|
|Resource Management and Consumer Sciences|
Ph.D. (Apparel and Textiles Engineering) Programme Eligibility Criteria:- You should fulfil the following criteria:-
- Candidate should have done Master of Science (M.Sc.) or an equivalent examination in Agriculture or Home Science/ (or) Agricultural Engineering, as the case may be, in the concerned field of specialisation with at least 50% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 3.25 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 7.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system.
- In case of SC and ST category, you should have passed in the Degree of Master of Science in Agriculture or Home Science as the case may be under traditional system or OGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or 7.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient.
- You should also have a Basic Degree i.e., B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Home Science)/ B.H.Sc. (Rural) / B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering & Technology) of 4 years duration from ANGR Agricultural University or an institution accredited by ICAR / approved by ANGRAU is essential.
- If you have passed M.Sc.(Agriculture) in Seed Science and Technology, you are eligible for Ph.D. course in any of the subjects/major fields i.e., Genetics and Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Entomology and Agronomy and if you have passed M.Sc.(Agriculture) in Plant Biochemistry, you are eligible for Ph.D. Course in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology and Microbiology subject to the condition that you should study the deficiency courses from among the core courses prescribed for M.Sc.(Ag.) in the concerned major field of study.
How To Apply M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
- Download the Application Form from the website of the University.
- Take a print out of the Application Form and fill it with the required personal and educational details in your own handwriting.
- Affix a recent coloured passport size photograph in the space provided and get it attested.
Application Fee: You should pay the registration fee in the form of Demand Draft for Rs.1200 for General and Rs. 800 for SC, ST, and PH. The Demand Draft should be from SBH / SBI / ANDHRA BANK and drawn in favour of Comptroller, Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, payable at Hyderabad.
Enclosures: You should attach the following along with the application form:
- Two self-addressed (with PIN code) envelops affixing postage stamps of Rs.5 on each.
- Memorandum of marks (all years) obtained at the qualifying (B.Sc. level) examination or transcript
- Provisional/degree certificate of the qualifying examination
- Study Certificates / Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Date of Birth certificate
You must send the duly filled in Application Form along with the required documents to the following address:
The Registrar, Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University,
Admn.Camp Office: Vijaya Durga Towers
M.G. Inner Ring Road: Guntur – 522 509: AP
Note: You Application Form must also have the signature of a gazetted officer along with his seal in the space provided.
Admission Process M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
You will be selected on the basis of your previous academic performance including both Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s level, Entrance Test, and Interview Performance in the following ratio:
- Entrance Test – 50%
- M.Sc. Level – 30%
- B.Sc. Level – 10%
- Interview Performance – 10%
Candidate should be able to secure a minimum of 50% in the Entrance Test if he/she belongs to the general category. If the candidate belongs to the reserved category then the minimum qualifying marks to the extent of the reserved seats are not required.
- In case of disciplines with more than 3 seats, 85 % of seats after excluding those reserved for candidates from other states, shall be reserved in favour of candidates belonging to Andhra University, and Sri Venkateswara University, local areas in the ratio of 66:44 respectively.
- Reservation of seats for Muslim candidates shall be as per the norms of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College