University of Gour Banga invites candidates for admission in Post Graduate (PG) courses under the CET UGB Main Campus & other colleges. University of Gour Banga offers time to time reservations and scholarships for meritorious students.
Under the provisions of the university panel, 60% of the total seats are reserved for the students of the UGB itself, the rest 40% for other candidates. Further to university focuses on special innovations for the welfare of the staff and students in the campus and other colleges. UGB offers post graduate courses related to Arts, Commerce and Science courses; M.A., M.COM, M.Sc. Check University of Gour Banga Admission
Students must have passed bachelor degree in relevant field from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
Selection of each candidate will be based on the marks obtained in the Honors course (merit basis).
In case of equal marks in Honors, ranking will be based on the latest conducted exams.
How To Apply
Along with the form a payment of INR 400 or INR 150 for SC/ST has to be deposited.
Selected candidates have to present themselves with original testimonials (mark sheet & age proof) and other important documents for claiming quota during the scheduled admission process.
After submission and verification of all the original documents, a fee book will be issued along with certificate through which the fee payment has to be conducted.
The candidates have to present the same cash book to the university office for enrollment procedure and roll no. For students selected in Malda/Balurghat College, the same has to be done within the next 3 days of the admission to prevent cancellation of admission.
Documents Required at The Time of Application Process:-
All the documents that are to be presented during the counseling have to be self-attested. Required documents during the process are as follows:
Photocopies of all the Mark sheets of examination cleared, University Registration Certificate and a passport size photograph.
Admit card/Madhyamik for verification of date of birth.
For candidates under sports quota, photocopies of certificates of any games/sports or cultural competition are to be presented.
Migration certificate maybe submitted within 30 days after the admission.
For reserved category, certificate of SC/ST/OBC issued by an appropriate authority has to be presented.
Other Services Offered to Students
HEALTH CARE UNIT
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNIT
GAMES AND SPORTS
ANTI-RAGGING CELL & CELL AGAINST SEXUAL HARRASEMENT
?Other Important Information
The admission of a student may be treated as cancelled if he/she fails to attend at least 50% of the classes conducted on the first 15 days after the commencement of classes.
All candidates have to maintain at least 75% attendance in all lectures and tutorials throughout the session in order to appear for the examination.
Students have to maintain the discipline and decor as per the University Guidelines.
60% of the total seats are reserved for the students of UGB, the rest 40% are open for all applying candidates.
In case of non-availability of candidates on either of the two slots, the percentage division maybe revised.
Course wise reservation for SC (22%), ST (6%), and OBC: Category-A (10%) & Category-B (7%) and Physically Handicapped/Challenged (3%)is maintained.
Course and Fees Structure
MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc.)
Seats Available per Specialization
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College