North Bengal University offers law courses like BA LLB (Hons) and LLM of duration 5 and 3 years respectively. Total seat intake for BA LLB (Hons) and LLM is 80 and 25 seats respectively.
For admissions, aspirants must have at least 55% marks in the previous examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST category). Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of merit-based list.
The online application process for entrance examination will be available on the official university website (www.nbuonline.in) from May 28, 2020 - June 4, 2020 (BA LLB) and Sept 1, 2020 - Sept 8, 2020 (LLM) (tentative).
The application fee is submitted via net banking (NEFT on SBI & Others)/credit card/ATM-cum-Debit card.
Read about NBU Courses & Fee
- A minimum aggregate of 55% marks in 10+2 examination from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other examination which is recognized by the equivalent University (5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST category).
- Age of general category candidate must be a maximum of 20 years and 22 years for SC/ST category.
The selection of candidates for admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Documents required during counselling:
- Photocopy and Original counseling letter
- Photocopy and original admit card
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned on UNIVERSITY OF NORTH BENGAL prospect
- Original and at least 2 photocopies of 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket
- Scorecard (if applicable)
- Original degree/provisional certificate (if the candidate is appearing).
- Cast certificate signed by the authorized authority (if applicable).
- Medical documents mentioned in the application form.
- 4-6 Passport size photographs (color and black & white).
NOTE- Required documents are mentioned in the application form.
How To Apply
- Visit the official website for online application form (www.nbuonline.in).
- Registration on the NBU PG Online Portal.
- Select the course of your choice (check eligibility).
- Click on the link “application form”.
- Fill the following details in the online application form-
- Applicant Details
- Scanned image file of Photograph and Signature
- Academic details
- Document details
- Fee Payment via net banking (NEFT on SBI & Others)/credit card/ATM-cum-Debit card & application Submission.
- NOTE- The candidate cannot edit the filled details of application form after submission.
Scanned copy of-
- Passport size color photograph
- DOB certificate.
- Caste/PWD/NCC/NSS/Sports/BPL Certificate (if applicable).
- Mark sheet of all examinations.
- Registration Certificate of Graduation.
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
Application fee (INR)
|BA LLB (Hons)||500/-||200/-|
NOTE- The application fee is non-refundable.
Check NBU Admission
SC/ST/PwD candidates of Bengal are eligible for reservation in the admission process as per norms decided by the university.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College