Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) offers admission to international students under several categories like UG (B. Tech & Technology), PG & Integrated courses. Separate dates have been issued to NRI & foreign students regarding application proceedings VIT University also offer exchange programs to foreign students in different languages through internships.
These courses have been offered in two semesters (Fall & Winter) every year. The online applications are currently available on the university’s website.
Foreign nationals/Persons with Indian Origin PIO/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/Non Residential Indians (NRI)/Students whose parents are working abroad are eligible to apply.
Check VIT Admission
|Admission Link |
- Computer Science & Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Mechanical Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Energy Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Mechanical with specialization in Chemical Process Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Course Name: Bachelor of Technology
- Bio Medical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Students who have studied only PCB at 10+2 level are eligible provided that they have to complete Mathematics bridge course after joining the course.
Eligibility (for NRI’s):
- 10+2 with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics /Biology/Biotechnology
- Those who have studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all B. Tech courses.
- If you have studied Physical science along with combination of Physics & Chemistry. In that case you have to provide an approval certificate from school you have attended last.
Note: For students having NRI status, sponsorship should be given by parents living in abroad only not by any other whether relative or friend.
Eligibility (foreign students):
- English is compulsory as one of the subject at qualifying level.
- 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (considered equivalent to Grade C for engineering programmes)
- Proof of foreign nationality ie required
Apart from exams mentioned in eligibility details below mentioned qualifying exams will also be considered:
- GCE examination of UK with higher grades at ordinary (‘O’)level in five subjects & Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology at advanced (‘A’) level.
- High school certificate examination from University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, UK.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) examinarion of Geneva.
- Grade 12 passed from accredited institutions of Canada.
- 12 years if High School of Education/ Diploma/ certification from school of China, Thailand, Indonesia, Bhutan, Syria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Behrain, Oman, Yeman, Saudi Arabia, UAE & other gulf countries.
- 12 years secondary stage qualification approved by National Examination board of Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda & Rwanda .
- High school & Cambridge school certificate of ‘A’ level from institutions of Mauritius.
- Any other examination of foreign countries which found equivalent to 10+2 examination of India authorized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Students can directly apply for B. Tech. without application cost & VITEEE is not mandatory for them. Selection is completely based on grades obtained in the qualifying exam. It includes the following steps:
Confirmation of Eligibility:
Documents uploaded by the students will be scrutinized to confirm the eligibility norms.
Issue of allotment letter:
Once the authorities confirmed the eligibility & cross-checked the documents uploaded at the time of application, a branch allotment letter will be emailed on the student’s registered ID.
Note: Branch once allotted will not be changed under any situation.
Only selected students have to pay the non-refundable registration & processing fee of 1000 US dollars. This amount will be included in the tuition fee after final admission.
Students are required to pay the balance fee after receiving the provisional allotment letter. The balance fee payment should match with the Performa sent along with the acknowledgment mail.
After receiving the balance fee receipt details regarding the commencement of classes, address to VIT, affidavit & student profile (to be filled online) will be sent through the mail.
- Students are requested to bring original documents & provisional admission letter on the day of joining of course.
- NRI/foreign students are advised to register themselves in the International Relations officer (IR-Office) on the day of admission.
How To Apply
Students have to fill the application form by navigating to the official link of international admissions.
- The candidates must register themselves and create their login credentials.
- Followed by logging in to their official VIT accounts.
- Access the online application.
- Fill in the personal and correspondence details.
- Mention the Passport No.
- Followed by academic qualifications.
- Select the program.
- Upload the necessary documents.
Documents required to be uploaded are
- Scanned copy of class Xth marks sheet or age proof certificate of size not more than 2MB in JPG/pdf format.
- Scanned copy of class XIIth marks sheet
- Certificate issued by employer & complete details about designation of parents
- Passport & Visa copies of student & Parent or visa citizenship card (if applicable)
- Sponsorship letter, required to be given by father or mother
- Colour photograph of size 50 to 200kb (3.5 cm to 4.5 cm) in JPG/JPEG format
- Signature of size 50 to 200kb (3.5 cm to 1.5 cm) in JPG/JPEG format
Dr. C Vijaya kumar
Director, International Relations
VIT University, Vellore- 632 014
Tamil Nadu India
Contact No- 91 416 220 2041
E-mail ID- email@example.com
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College