Jiwaji University (JU) a very famous University of Gwalior which is focussing on all the needs of the students along with academics like sports, central library etc. Jiwaji University offers Post-Graduate courses in many fields like Science, Arts, Education, Commerce, Law etc. The University starts its application process in the month of May and ends in the month of July or August (as per the given dates).
The application process is an offline process. Although, the forms are available online but the submission of the forms are offline only. The kiosk person helps the candidates in filling the application form and the detailed information is given in below article.
The selection in some courses is based on Entrance test and there is direct admission for some courses. The application form is same for both types of courses. All candidates may fill the application form for maximum of 5 courses and the registration fee is separate for separate course. Check Jiwaji University Admission 2020
Entrance Based Courses
- Master of Law (LL.M)
- Master of Science [Biotechnology, Food Technology, Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Neuroscience] (M.Sc.)
Merit Based Courses
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc)
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed)
- Master of Science [Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Remote Sensing] (M.Sc.)
- Master of Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Master of Arts (MA)
How To Apply
All the interested candidates may apply for the any of the course described above as per their interest and eligibility. Candidates are required to follow the below mentioned procedure:
Step-1: Candidates need to visit the website www.mponline.gov.in to get an access to the site of mponline. The candidates can go to the kiosk of mponline and ask the kiosk person for submission of admission form of Jiwaji University Gwalior. The kiosk person will help the students in filling the form and application form fee is Rs.600/-.
Step-2: Following details are required while filling up the form:
- Recent 2 Passport size photographs for getting it scanned for admission form
- Family details like Father’s name, Mother’s name and their occupation
- Date of Birth
- Address for correspondence
- Academic details like 10th, 12th Marks & Graduation Degree Marks
- Contact number
Step-3: Candidates have to sign a declaration after filling the application form and collect the prints outs of Admission form from the kiosk person which works as a receipt of payment.
Step- 4: The print out of complete application form need to be submitted by speed post or by registered post along with photocopies of all certificates including mark sheets and certificate of participation in NCC, NSS, Sport and Co-curricular activities to below mentioned address:
The Chairman, Admission Committee, School of Studies in Physics, Jiwaji University Gwalior – 474011.
REFUND OF FEE:
- The fee will be returned to candidates after deducting 10% of the fees deposited by him/her in case he/she leaves the course or desires to cancel his/her admission before the last counselling,
- If a candidate wants to take admission to another course offered by University till last counselling day, the fee will be transferred to that course after deduction of 10% of the total deposited fee. No changes will be made after last date of counselling.
- If a student is declared fail, his/her deposited fee will be refunded after deducting 10% of the fee.
- If the age is more than the requisite age the application will be rejected and no action would be taken further.
- A candidate would not be given regular admission in the same course that left the course in between after taking admission in same course, due to any reason.
- An applicant who is already holding a Master’s degree from faculty will not be allowed to take admission to a program at same level in same faculty.
- Any candidate involved in illegal activity or convicted by court of law in India or one against whom cases are being tried in court or have verifiable allegations against them will not be eligible for taking admission in any of the course.
- A full time government employee/ non-government employee will only be allowed to take admission in courses which are running after working hours. And, they need to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer regarding the same.
- After counselling if any seat remains vacant due to any reason, they will be filled up by the respective heads or coordinators as per the candidates merit in the admission test.
Candidate must have passed Graduation in Law with minimum 55% marks.
- SC/ST/OBC and Physically Challenged category candidates will be given below mentioned relaxation:
- 5% Relaxation in the qualifying exam
- Relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit
- 16% and 20% seats of the total seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to SC and ST category.
- 14% seats of the total seats will be reserved for OBC category candidates (except who are in creamy layer).
- Of total seats, 3% will be given to sons/ grandsons/ daughters/ granddaughters of freedom fighters, for sons/ daughters of permanently disabled defence personnel working and died, and physically applicants of these categories.
- A horizontal reservation of 30% will be given to female candidates in all categories.
- Two extra seats in each course will be created for the following:
- One seat for wards of regular teachers and officers of the University.
- One seat for wards of regular class 3rd and class 4th employees of the University.
For Entrance Based courses the selection is based on Entrance test and the details of Entrance test is given below:
The paper will conduct 75 questions and the questions will be related to Bachelor of Law and the exam would be of 90 minutes duration.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
There would be below mentioned sections in the exam of 50 Marks each and candidates are required to attempt any 2:
The exam will be of Graduate level and the duration will be 90 minutes.
Note: A candidate must secure in at least 30% (25% for SC/ST/OBC) marks in Entrance exam in order to qualify the exam.
- Selected candidates list will be prepared in accordance of their merit in Entrance test. For General and Reserved category separate list will be prepared.
- If a candidate of reserved category finds his/her merit in both the lists then candidate has the option to choose himself.
- Counselling for the admission will be held on scheduled time at Galav Sabhagar. The admission will be finalized at the time of counselling.
For Non-Entrance based course:
- Candidates will be selected in accordance with the marks obtained in qualifying exam and the list will be displayed on the notice board.
- The selection will be finalized at the time of counselling.
- The candidates are required to reach for counselling process with all required documents on the required time.
- If the course counsellor is convinced with the claim of candidate after the counselling, he/she shall be issued an admission slip upon production of which he/she shall be entitled to deposit the requisite fees at the Bank counter of the Central Bank of India, University branch immediately.
- Candidates have to submit one copy of the receipt challan with the course counsellor of respective department after depositing the fee.
- The candidate will not be entitled to admission in case he/she fails to submit the fees on the day or time of counselling and seat will be allotted to next candidate in the list.
- Candidate shall forfeit his/her claim for admission if he/she fails to report at the time of call of counselling.
The University provides hostel facilities to the students and the environment is academically and socially very congenial for all students residing in the campus. The Hostels have all the required facilities with well-furnished rooms along with appropriate security arrangement.
There are separate hostels for Girls and Boys and the University existing accommodation is being extended to increase the number of students.
University Central Library:
Jiwaji University central library as a centralized information resources and allied facilities was established in 1966 and the library is in a separate building equipped with furniture, equipments, reading resources and other accessories with a great study environment.
The University is catering to the sports needs along with the academics in a very meaningful manner. The University has a sports complex which has two floodlight basketball courts with portable uprights, three floodlight tennis courts, four volleyball courts, one hockey ground, one grassy football ground, standard cricket ground with turf wicket, one kho-kho, two kabaddi, one Handball, one Indoor hall for table tennis, Judo, Aerobic, Badminton, Wrestling, and Weight lifting and a 400 Metre grassy track.
For any further details, candidates may contact University:
Gwalior (M.P.), India
Enquiry No.: +91 751 2442712
Degree Section: +91 751 2442757
Fax No.: +91 751 2341768, Telegram: University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College