National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience (NIMHANS) is a medical institute for patient care and academic pursuit in Bangalore. NIMHANS is a government institute, which deals in the field of mental health and neuroscience. The programmes offered at NIMHANS aims to produce individuals who will use their medical knowledge to practice to help in the treatments of mental health and neuroscience. The Institute offers M.Phil. and Ph.D.Programs in various specializations.
NIMHANS Application Form for admission to these courses will be available online on the institute’s website (http://nimhans.ac.in/). The candidates will have to appear for NIMHANS Entrance Exam to get admission to these courses, which will be as per the requirement of the chosen course.
Specializations in Ph.D.:
The institute offers admission to the Ph.D. programme under 20 specializations and students with a post-graduation degree in relevant subjects can have admission to the course.
|Clinical Neuroscience||Neurophysiology||Clinical Psychology||Psychiatric Social work||Speech Pathology & Audiology|
|Biostatistics||Neuroscience||History of Psychiatry||Biophysics||Child & Adolescent Psychiatry|
|Human Genetics||Mental Health Education||Neurochemistry||Neurological Rehabilitation||Neuromicrobiology|
|Neurovirology||Neuropathology||Psychiatric Nursing||Mental Health Rehabilitation||Psychiatry|
Click Here for Ph.D. Fee
Specializations in M.Phil:
M.Phil course is divided into 5 specializations and JRF/SRF qualified candidates can apply for admission to the course.
|Clinical Psychology||Psychiatric social work||-|
Click Here for M.Phil Fee
NIMHANS M.Phil. & Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
- Post Graduation Degree holder in relevant subject.
- JRF/SRF qualified candidates should apply for admission to the courses.
Also check, NIMHANS Admission
NIMHANS M.Phil. & Ph.D. Admission Process
- The selection of the candidates will be purely based on the scores in the Online NIMHANS Entrance Exam.
- The selected candidates will be called for the Counseling.
- The candidates will have to present the hard copy of the printed abstract of the application form along will the original certificates for verification.
- The candidates will have to choose their desired subjects in the counselling.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of the reservation.
How to Apply for NIMHANS M.Phil. & Ph.D.?
- Visit the official website of the institute, http://nimhans.ac.in/.
- Register on the university website to get the NIMHANS Application Form.
- Basic details and eligibility details should be filled correctly, any information if found incorrect may lead to rejection of the application.
- The candidates have to upload photographs, signatures and documents. After this, the candidates are required to make the payment and take the printout of the form.
- The submission of the Declaration Form is mandatory. The Declaration Form should be downloaded, filled, signed, scanned and uploaded
- The application fee for candidates who fall under the General category is Rs.1500/- and for candidates who fall under SC/ST category is Rs.1000/-.
- Only using Credit Card/ Debit Card or Online Transfer can make the payment.
- For non- medical the candidate must have secured 55 percent marks in the Master’s degree.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given a 5% relaxation in for non-medical and Ph.D. courses.
- The qualification degree specified in the above courses should be from a recognized institute or university.
- Candidates applying for medical courses must have a medical degree, which should be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- The Sponsored/Deputed Candidates will be given a relaxation of 10 percent in the entrance examination for Post Doctoral Fellowship.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College