Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is a state university, located in Delhi, which offers full-time M.Tech, MBA & MCA courses in various disciplines under regular and lateral modes. Minimum eligibility for M.Tech is a BE/ B.Tech degree with 55% marks in aggregate whereas a candidate must possess a graduation degree to apply for MBA and MCA degree.
Also Read About: GGSIPU Admission 2020
- M.Tech admissions are completely based on a valid GATE score.
- In the case of vacant seats, the university conducts CET for M.Tech.
- For M.Tech (Biotechnology), admission is offered through GATE only.
- For MBA and MCA programs, admission is done through National Level CET only.
Registration to the M.Tech, MBA, and MCA can be done through online mode and interested candidates can obtain application forms from the university’s website. The university conducts weekend and regular classes in which students can take admission as per their convenience.
GGSIPU Result 2020: IPU CET Result, Semester Result
The university conducts the exams following semester pattern for all courses. The result is uploaded on the official website of the university after a month from the end date of exams. Candidates may download the result from the official website following these steps:
- Visit the official website of IP University.
- On the homepage, go to the “Examination” tab.
- Click on “Examination Results” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the link containing the desired course and semester.
- The result will open in pdf. format.
Candidates may check GGSIPU Results 2020: IPU CET Result, Semester Result
IP University Application Process
MBA/MCA/M.Tech. aspirants must appear for their respective National Entrance Exams.
The applicants seeking admission in MBA must appear for the CAT exam. The MCA candidates must appear for NIT MCA Entrance Test.
M.Tech. applicants who possess a valid GATE score are exempted from the entrance exam conducted by the IP University.
Students can obtain the application form and brochure from the university’s official website. Also, students are advised to submit the application form along with common entrance test fees of INR. 1000/- excluding the processing charges and taxes
- The candidates must register themselves and then proceed to fill in the application form.
- The first section will comprise of personal information.
- Followed by the educational qualifications.
- The applicants must upload their passport size photograph and signature.
- Followed by the selection of the exam center.
- The candidates must pay the prescribed fee to successfully submit the application form.
- Separate application forms have to be submitted for each program.
- The candidates must note down the CET codes.
- The fees must be paid online through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card or by cash payment in any branch of Indian Bank.
- If documents found to be forged at the time of admission then the university has the right to cancel the seat of the candidate.
- There will be no rounding-off for the percentage of marks of the qualifying examination.
- The incomplete application form will be rejected and no request will be entertained afterward.
- Candidates should upload the filled in application forms and following enclosures through online mode only.
IP University Eligibility Criteria
The duration of Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) is 2 years.
- A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with a minimum 50% aggregate marks. or
- Those students are also eligible to apply who have passed the final examination of the Institute of CA of India or England.
Note: In addition to the above, for MBA(Financial Analysis) the candidates must have passed in Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
The candidates must appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.
The University will grant admission on the basis of CAT score.
- Students looking for admission must possess B.Tech. / B.E. graduation degree in Computer Science or Computer Science & Engineering or Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Students who have studied MCA or MCA (Security) or graduated in IETE/AMIE from a recognized university.
- Candidates with M.Sc. in (IT or Electronics/ Computer Science/ Informatics or Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics) are also eligible.
- Applicants must appear for CET.
Note: GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for the CET.
Students should have a valid and qualified score card of GATE in the Computer Science group.
M.Tech (Digital Communication, Signal Processing, VLSI, RFME)
- B.Tech./B.E. in Computer Science/Computer Science & Engineering/Computer Engineering/Information Technology / Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Grad. IETE/AMIE (ECE/CSE/IT/EE).
- M.Sc. (IT/ Electronics/ Computer Science/Informatics/ Information Science & Technology/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Operation Research/Applied Physics).
M.Tech. in Tool Engineering
- A minimum of 60% marks in B.Tech./B.E. in Tool Engineering/Mechanical or equivalent.
- Grad. AMIE (ME)
M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech./B.E. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 60% or equivalent in the qualifying exams.
M.Tech. in Robotics and Automation
- A minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying exams.
- BE/B.Tech. degree in a relevant discipline.
M.Tech Nano Science and Technology Eligibility:
- Candidates looking for admission must have studied M.Sc. in (Physics or Applied Physics or Electronics Mathematics / Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biosciences/ Life Sciences or Material Science) from the recognised university with minimum or equivalent 55% marks in qualifying examination.
- Students should have studied B.E./B.Tech in (Electronics / Computer Science or Electrical / Mechanical or Engineering Physics / Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering or Technology) from reputed university with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Those who have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or undergraduate level are also eligible to apply.
M.Tech Engineering Physics Eligibility
- Candidates must have studied B.E/B.Tech in Electronics or Computer Science / Electrical or Engineering Physics / Information Technology or Instrumentation or equivalent from recognized University.
- Those who have studied M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Electronics or Mathematics or physics at graduation level with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed Mathematics and English at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination of the CBSE or any other recognized examination
- Minimum marks required in B.Sc./B.Tech/BCA/BIT/B.E. :–
|General Category||60% or 6.5 CGPA|
|ST/SC Category||55% or 6.0 CGPA|
All the MCA aspirants must appear in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) which is conducted by the National Institute of Technology on a rotational basis.
The University won’t conduct its own CET for admissions but will be utilizing the merit prepared on the basis of marks scored in NIMCET for its admissions.
IP University Reservation Criteria
- 85% seats are reserved for the Delhi region candidates. These seats will be filled on the basis of rank in the merit list. All these candidates looking for admission should clear common entrance test or should clear GATE examination.
- 15% seats are reserved for the candidates belong to outside Delhi region.
- 15% seats will be reserved for the Foreign Nationals or Persons of Indian Origin or Foreign students.
- 10% of the total seats will be allocated to the management quota as per government policy.
- 27% seats are reserved for the Delhi OBC category candidates. This reservation is only for the candidates who are from Delhi region.
- 1 seat will be reserved for the Kashmiri migrants in each institution.
IP University Admission Process
Selection shall be done on the basis of the applicant’s performance in the appropriate National Level Test.
For M.Tech. – Students with a valid and qualified GATE scorecard would be selected first. If seats remain vacant, it would be filled by CET qualified candidates.
For regular mode programs, admissions would be first given to candidates/applicants who are GATE qualified. The merit will be based on the GATE score. If in case of a tie in score, the candidate older in age will be given priority.
The University conducts counseling in two ways i.e. offline and online counseling. Offline counseling is further divided into two categories i.e. first and second counseling. Both the counseling procedures are discussed as below:
First offline counseling
- Qualified candidates will be called for counseling and their schedule will be displayed on the university’s website.
- Candidates should attend the counseling on the scheduled date and time along with all the documents.
- To attend the counseling candidates should submit the counseling processing fees of INR 1000/- which is non-refundable.
- According to the rank in the merit list of examination, candidates will be called for counseling along with the required documents for verification.
- If the candidate fails to appear on the notified venue, time and date for counseling, then they would have no claim for the seat.
- Candidates are advised to pay the fee immediately at the time of counseling otherwise seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Students will not be allowed to change the program during first counseling but they can change the program during second counseling by depositing the additional amount of INR 5000/- in the form of DD in favor of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University payable at Delhi
- Candidate’s admission will only be done on the merit basis and once if the seats get filled up, the university closes admission or counseling.
- Conversion of the reserved seats for SC, ST, DEF, PH, Minority, etc. to General Category will be done only after the completion of the last round of counseling for the reserved category.
- Candidates are allowed to withdraw the admission in the first counseling by submitting the request at the following address:
Admission Branch, Administrative Block
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector-16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078
- If the request is received on or before the above-mentioned date and time of admission then the admission will be canceled and fees will be refunded to the candidate after the deduction of INR. 1000/-.
Second offline counseling
- Candidates are advised not to pay the second counseling processing fees if they already paid the first counseling fees and vice versa.
- If candidates got admission in the first counseling then also they are advised to attend the second counseling if they want to change the programme on the basis of merit.
- After the two rounds of counseling open house counseling will be held only if the seats remain vacant.
- counseling fee of INR 1000/- must be paid by all eligible candidates who participate in open house counseling.
- Only CET qualified candidates will be considered for admission through management quota by producing original admit card for admission.
- Rest of the counseling procedure remains same as of the first counseling.
- All the details regarding counseling are available on the university’s website.
- Candidates should read the conditions carefully before registering online for admission.
- Candidates should apply early because the university will not be responsible for any network problems.
- Candidates have to deposit non-refundable counseling fees of INR 1000/- through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card or by cash payment in any branch of Indian Bank.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of the online fee confirmation receipt with the transaction details.
- Once the seat allocation for the reserved category is done then the unfilled seats will be converted to the unreserved category in the last round of online counseling.
- If any CET qualified candidate has not taken admission in the online counseling round then they are eligible to participate in the spot counseling against the available vacant seat.
Candidates are advised to bring all the original and photocopy of the necessary documents which are as following:
- Counseling Call Letter
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Undergraduate mark sheet.
- Colored passport size photograph
- Mark sheet of Qualifying degree
- Graduation all semester mark sheets with a photocopy
- Migration (Original) with a photocopy
- Photocopy of Admit card
- Scorecard of IPU-CET
- Certificate of physically handicapped candidates (if applicable)
University has the rights to add or remove any programme from the list of the programmes grouped together for the purpose of admission
- GATE scholarship will only available if and only if it is approved by AICTE for the regular programmes.
- No scholarship will be available to students admitted to the programmes in the weekend mode.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College