Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) offers numerous UG courses with different specializations.
The university is affiliated with a number of institutions in Delhi-NCR. Candidates can download the admission brochure for the current academic session from the university’s website.
Also Read About: GGSIPU Admission 2020
IP University has declared that it will conduct admissions for various UG courses on the basis of various National Examinations.
|BA LLB/BBA LLB||CLAT|
Candidate can apply for the courses by submitting the online application form along with the fees of INR. 1000/-. The application form can be obtained from the university’s website.
How To Apply
For programs such as B.Tech (except for B.Tech. Biotechnology), Medical, B.Arch, and LL.B courses the candidates must first appear for their respective National Entrance Exams.
Students can obtain the application form and brochure from the university’s official website and eligible students are advised to submit the application form along with CET fees of INR. 1000/- excluding processing charges and taxes.
- Separate application forms should be submitted for each program.
- One must begin by selecting the exam category.
- Followed by filling in the general information.
- The applicant must upload a recent passport-sized photograph and signature along with his/her left-hand thumb impression.
- Mention the academic qualifications and work experience.
- Accept the declaration.
- Review the details and submit the form.
- After successfully registering, the applicant must proceed with the second form.
- Select the course.
- Pay the fees.
- The fees can be paid online via Credit/Debit card or Net banking.
- Admit cards will be available through online mode only.
- The application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission along with the applicable fees.
- If documents found to be forged at the time of admission then the university has the right to cancel the seat of the candidate.
- There will be no rounding-off for the percentage of marks of the qualifying examination.
- The incomplete application form will be rejected and no requests will be not entertained afterward.
- Candidates should upload the filled in application forms and enclosures given below through online mode only.
- Candidates need to fill their personal details along with entrance examination marks and aggregate marks obtained in each subject while applying online.
- If the candidate submitted his/her details, they cannot edit the same and should re-register in case they need to change the personal information.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of the CET application form for future reference.
- Students looking for admission must have studied 10+2 with Mathematics and English as the compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have done 3 years Diploma in any stream after 10 years of schooling recognized by the central Government with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for the results can also apply for B.Arch. course.
- All candidates possessing any of the above qualifications must also have passed the National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA) – conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- 10% of total seats will be allocated to the candidates belong to management quota.
- 27% seats are reserved for the Delhi OBC category candidates. Only if the students will submit the category certificate from the Competent Authority of the Delhi Government.
- 85% seats are reserved for the Delhi region candidates and 15% seats are reserved for the candidates belong to outside Delhi region.
- 15% seats will be reserved for the Foreign Nationals or Persons of Indian Origin or Foreign students
- One seat will always be reserved for the Kashmiri migrants in each program.
- Conversion of reserved seats SC, ST, DEF, PWD, Minority, etc. to General Category will only be done after the last counseling.
- In the case of married women applying for the course, they need to produce the caste certificate in name of her.
- If there will be any change in the reservation policy then it should be taken by the government of NCT Delhi.
- If candidates belong to outside Delhi for SC/ST category they need to submit the reservation certificate.
For B.Tech. all the applicants are required to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The University will be utilizing the merit of JEE Main Paper 1 for its admissions.
For B.A. LL.B admission will be based on the merit of Common Law Admission Test – Under Graduate (CLAT – UG) that is conducted by National Law University on a rotational basis.
For MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS admission will be based on the score attained by the candidates in the NEET-UG exams.
Candidate’s selection for B.Arch. the course is based on NATA, conducted by the Council of Architecture.
Admission to most of the UG programs (except for the ones mentioned above) is done through CET conducted by the University itself. Where only the CET qualified applicants shall be considered for admission, through the University counseling, subject to fulfillment of eligibility and admission criteria.
CET Exam Pattern for different courses:
|BCA||English Language & Comprehension (15%)|
|Computer Awareness (30%)|
|General Knowledge- IT and Science Related (25%)|
|BBA||English Language & Comprehension (25%)|
|General Awareness (25%)|
|Logical and Analytical Ability (25%)|
|Management and Communication Skills (25%)|
|B.Ed.||English Comprehension (15%)|
|Mental Ability and Reasoning (40%|
|General Awareness (25%)|
|Aptitude for Teaching (20%)|
University offers offline counseling which is further divided into two categories i.e. first and second counseling. counseling procedures are discussed as below:
First Offline Counseling
- First counseling indicates the selected number of candidates who will be called for counseling and is displayed on the university website.
- Candidates should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time along with the documents for verification.
- Eligible candidates should submit the counseling processing fees of the amount INR. 1000/- which is non-refundable.
- Firstly, candidates will be called according to the rank secured by them in the merit list. Depending on merit and eligibility seats will be given to candidates.
- After submission of complete fees, Admission Officer will give a duly signed Admission Slip to the candidates.
- Candidate’s seat will be canceled who fails to appear on the notified venue, date and time.
- Candidates must pay the fees immediately on the spot at the time of admission.
- Students didn’t allow to change the program during the first counseling but they can change the program during second counseling by depositing the additional amount of INR. 5000/- in the form of DD in favor of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University payable at Delhi
- University stops admission or counseling once if the seats get filled up.
- If candidates request for withdrawal of admission it shall not be entertained through post/ email/ fax.
- Candidates are allowed to withdraw the admission in the first counseling by submitting the request at the following address:
Admission Branch, Administrative Block
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector-16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078
Second Offline Counseling
- If candidates pay the second counseling processing fees if they already paid the first counseling fees and vice versa.
- If students were absent in the first counseling then they will be allowed to attend the second counseling.
- Open house counseling will be conducted only if the seats remain vacant.
- Only CET qualified candidates will be admitted for admission through management quota by producing original admit card for admission.
- All candidates who have taken admission through open house counseling shall not be eligible for admission in management quota.
- The rest of the counseling procedure remains the same as of the first counseling.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector 16C, Dwarka,
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College