Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers postgraduate courses in MA, M.Sc., LLM, M.Ed, MPT, MPO and MOT. All the postgraduate courses offered at IP University are of two years duration.
Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in relevant subject with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply for PG courses offered by IP University. Admission to all the courses is done on the basis of IPU CET, conducted by IP University. Applications to all the courses can be filled online on the official website of the University by paying the application fees of INR 1000 for each course via credit/debit card or net banking. Also Read About: GGSIPU Admission 2019
How To Apply
Applications to the various PG programs offered by IP University can be filled online by visiting the official website of the University. The detailed procedure of payment and filling the application form is given below:
- Visit the official website of the university and click on Online Registration.
- Fill the form carefully and upload signature, thumb impression and passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Click on submit and login and password will be generated to the candidates.
- Login by using the credentials and then apply for courses.
- Pay the application fees of INR 1000 for each course using credit/debit card or net banking.
- Click on submit and take a print out of the form for future reference.
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Under Graduate mark sheet.
- Coloured passport size photograph
- Mark sheet of Qualifying degree
- Graduation all semester mark sheets with photocopy
- Migration (Original) with photocopy
- Photocopy of Admit card
- Scorecard of IPUCET
- Certificate of physically handicapped candidates (if applicable).
Read More: IP University Fees Structure
The university offers MA in four specializations which are as follows:
|MA English||Candidates must have done Graduation Degree in any discipline from the recognised University with minimum 50% marks.|
|MA in Mass Communication|
|MA in Criminology|
|MA in Economics||Candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Economics or equivalent from a University with minimum 50% marks|
The university offers admission on the basis of merit list of entrance examination conducted by the university.
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Delhi Region Candidates||85%|
|Outside Delhi Region Candidates||15%|
|Kashmiri Migrants||One seat|
Admission to all the PG courses is done on the basis of IPU CET conducted by GGSIPU. Applicants, who qualify the Entrance Test are called for the counselling process. Candidates have to follow the given procedure to register for Counselling process:
- Deposit INR 1000 as counselling fee by selecting the option for ‘Payment of counselling participation fee’, on the University Website.
- Enter CET details and take print out of registration form.
- Fill the choice for allotment of seats from all the available combinations of all institutions and courses.
- After completion of choice filling period, seats will be allotted on the basis of merit, respective category and region.
- Pay INR 40, 000 to confirm the seat, as a part of the academic fee.
Documents Required for Counselling
- IPU CET rank card
- IPU CET admit card
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificates
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificates
- Category certificate duly attested
- IPU CET registration slip
- Character certificate
- 2 Identical photographs
- Provisional seat allotment letter
The university conducts offline mode of counselling for PG courses, which is as follows:
- Counselling schedule will be displayed on the official university website for qualified candidates.
- Candidates should attend the counselling on the scheduled date and time along with all the documents.
- Counselling processing fees of INR 1000 which is non-refundable should be submitted by the candidates to attend the counselling.
- According to the rank in the merit list of examination, candidates will be called for counselling along with the required documents for verification.
- Candidates are advised to pay the fees immediately at the time of counselling otherwise seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Students should not be allowed to change the program during first counselling but they can change the program during second counselling by depositing the additional amount of INR 5000 in the form of DD in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, payable at Delhi.
- University will stop admission or counselling process, once the seats are filled.
- Conversion of the reserved seats for SC, ST, DEF, PH, Minority, etc. to General Category will be done only after the completion of last round of counselling for the reserved category.
- Candidates are advised not to pay the second counselling processing fees if they already paid the first counselling fees and vice versa.
- If candidates got admission in the first counselling then also they are advised to attend the second counselling if they want to change the program on the basis of merit.
- After the two rounds of counselling open house counselling will be held only if the seats remain vacant.
- Only CET qualified candidates will be considered for admission through management quota by producing original admit card for admission.
- Rest of the counselling procedure remains same as of the first counselling.
- All CET qualified candidates are allowed to participate in the third counselling.
- 3rd counselling is the final counselling and there will not be any further counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College