National Law Institute University (NLIU) is a law school and centre for research located in Bhopal, India. It was established in 1997. It is one of the first three law schools established under the national law system. University is a member of AIU.
NLIU provides various courses under UG course level which are as following:
B.A. LL.B. (Hons) – 5 years (128 Seats)
Candidates can get admission to the above-mentioned courses through CLAT conducted by the university.
Check NLIU Admission 2020
Candidates can register themselves to the above-mentioned courses by submitting the application fee of amount INR. 4000/- and INR. 3500/- (for SC/ST category candidates).
How to Apply
?To register, the candidates must visit the official CLAT website.
The applications have to be submitted ONLINE only from the clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- Candidates first have to register themselves at CAPS by entering their personal information.
- After that candidate received their user ID and password on his/her registered email ID.
- Candidates are also required to convert their grades into a percentage.
- After filling the required information, candidates have to upload the image files of photographs and signature with scanned copies of SC/ST and/or SAP certificates/ state domicile.
- Candidates can register themselves to the above-mentioned courses by submitting the application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fees through online/offline mode.
- If the candidate chooses to pay through online payment mode, then he/she will be able to make the payment using his/her net-banking account, debit or credit cards
- If the candidate has chosen an offline payment option then he/she is required to submit the Challan in the nearest ICICI Branch and deposit fee in ICICI bank.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of filled in the application form for future reference.
- Candidates must upload the following enclosures along with the application form:
- Essential Qualification details (Percentage of marks/CGPA, University/college information)
- Front-facing Passport size clear photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, size not more than 100 kb]
- Scanned copy of SC/ST/SAP Certificates in PDF format only (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of Domicile Category in PDF format only (if applicable)
No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI seeking admission in either of the UG/PG programmes shall appear in CLAT.
- Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test.
- The candidate will be required to log in to his/her account to download the Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- The candidates will be notified about the release of the admit cards through the official CLAT website.
- There will be no upper age limit.
- The candidates must have cleared their qualifying exams (10+2) with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks.
- Candidates awaiting their qualifyingresults are also eligible for admission.
In case of equal marks, the following procedure shall serve as a tie breaker-
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2020 exam
- Higher age
- Computerised random draw of lots
Selection will be done on the basis of the CLAT examination conducted by the university followed by a centralized online counseling session conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
Online counseling will commence after the declaration of CLAT results.
The candidates must bring the following documents at the time of admission:
- Mark Sheet of 10th Examination (Original & Photocopy)
- Mark Sheet of 12th Examination or its equivalent (Original & Photocopy)
- Seven copies of recent color passport size photographs in formal dress
- Transfer Certificate in original
- Migration Certificate in original
- Character Certificate in original
- Original Admit Card & photocopy
- Original Caste Certificate & photocopy (three copies)
- Original Domicile Certificate & photocopy
- Person With Disability Certificate in original & photocopy
Candidates of B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) of all categories provisionally allotted to NLIU Bhopal must deposit an amount of Rs. 50,000/- additional fee through the Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Director, National Law Institute University, Bhopal” payable at Bhopal.
The National Law Institute University,
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal – 462 044
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College