Jiwaji University offers M.Phil and Ph.D research programs in multiple specializations. Selection is based upon the marks secured in the entrance exam conducted by the university which is followed by counselling process. Any student who has completed master’s degree in relevant discipline is eligible to apply for admission in M.Phil and Ph.D courses.
Application form for Jiwaji University can be filled in online mode after remitting the application fee of INR 1000( INR 800 for SC/ST/OBC candidates). If seats remain vacant after Entrance exam, students will be admitted through College level counselling. Check Jiwaji University Admission 2020
How to Apply:
- Visit the official website of Jiwaji University.
- Payment for the application fee can be made through credit/debit card or by net-banking. The application fee is INR 1000 (INR 800 SC/ST/OBC?).
- Submit an admission form for a maximum of only five courses. Along with INR 1000/- fee, a separate registration fee of INR 200/- per course is to be deposited along with the admission form.
- All the important documents (Photocopies of the Mark Sheets and other required documents (SC/ST/OBC/FF/PH/Kashmiri migrants/ Parsi / Staff Ward / NRI / NCC / NSS / Sports etc.) along with the application form will be submitted to:
The CHAIRMAN ADMISSION COMMITTEE,
School of Studies in Physics,
Jiwaji University, Gwalior- 474011
- Application form must be submitted either by Speed Post or in person. It can also be submitted at Central Library by hand.
The university may or may not continue a self-supporting course in which the admission is less than 5 (number of students) in M. Phil and 10 in all other courses. In such cases full fees shall be refunded.
Note: *Late Fees- INR 500/-for ALL Courses
Courses for M.Phil.:
|AIHC&A||Economics||Management|| Public Administration|
|Chemistry||Environmental Science|| Physical Education|| Zoology|
|Computer Science & Application||Law|| Political Science||- |
- Candidates of the general category must score an aggregate of 55% and above in post-graduation in their respective subject.
- A relaxation of 5% in aggregate will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates having domicile of Madhya Pradesh only.
- The basis of selection is purely on merit, through the entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Students awaiting their results are also eligible to apply. They must submit the related documents at the time of counseling.
- Reservation to SC, ST, OBC, FF & Physical handicapped will be as per MP Govt. / University rules.
Scholars will be selected on the basis of their marks in the entrance test. There shall be two papers in the written test; first paper shall be qualifying (30%) whereas the merit will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the second paper. The passing marks in second paper are 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC Candidates).
Counselling: Date of counseling will be announced after the declaration of the entrance test result.
- Ph.D. is a full time programme. Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. have to apply on prescribed form available from research section on payment of INR 150/-. The eligibility and other rules and regulations in detail are given in that form.
- The candidate has to apply initially for provisional registration, selecting a proposed topic for research, under guidance of approved guide of university. For the provisional Ph. D. registration has to be forwarded from a research center.
- After six months of submission of forms, candidate has to submit detailed research proposal on prescribed format. Afterward he will be called in RDC (Research Degree Committee) meeting.
- Candidate will be registered for Ph.D. as research scholar only after his topic and synopsis is approved by RDC. After registration the thesis has to be submitted by candidate in minimum two years and maximum four years from the date of registration.
- For further details students are advised to go through the rules of Ph.D. and contact the respective departments. Forms for Ph.D. registration may be submitted at any time of year. University offers scholarship of INR 5000/- per month to limited students. Ph.D. courses are governed by ordinance No. 11 of Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College