Bachelor of Business in Australia: An Overview
Bachelor of Business in Australia is a 3-year professional course which accepts students from all the three streams: Science, Arts & Commerce. It includes all the aspects of overseeing & supervising business operations. The program offers knowledge and training in management & leadership skills to prepare them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship.
- Annual tuition fee of universities offering Bachelor of Business in Australia is between 14,000 AUD to 25,500 AUD.
- Bachelor of Business in Australia can be pursued full-time as well as correspondence.
- During the course tenure in Australian universities, students get practical industry experience, internships, and live projects.
Why Study Bachelor of Business in Australia Australia
If you are planning to study abroad, it is advised to make decisions based on real facts and information. Here are a few facts about why you should study Bachelor of Business in Australia:
- Among the 100 Universities ranked by “Times Higher University Rankings”, 5 universities are Australian Universities that offer a bachelor’s degree in business.
- As per QS Global Rankings 2019, three B – schools of Australia have been ranked among the top 100 business schools in the world.
- MBA salaries in 2019, Australia ranked 5th in the list of top countries, as per QS news.
- Australian Government has invested over 300 million AUD in scholarships for international students.
Top Universities offering Bachelor of Business in Australia
Here are the lists of top THE world ranking universities 2020 in Australia offering a full-time Bachelor of Business degree:
|University||World Rankings||Programs||Annual Course Fee (AUD)|
|Australian National University||#32||International Business; BBA||25,436|
|Monash University||#75||International Business; Business; Business and Arts etc||23,957|
|University of Adelaide||#120||Innovation and Entrepreneurship||21,252|
|University of Canberra||#193||International Business; Business Management; Business Marketing; HR||17,830|
|Macquarie University||201-250||BBA; Business Analytics; Business Administration and Professional Accounting; etc||20,700|
|Western Sydney University||251-300||Advanced Business Leadership||15,500|
|Business Information Systems||17,024|
|University of Tasmania||301-350||BBA||17,690|
|Business and Science||18,003|
|Swinburne University of Technology||351-400||International Business; Information Systems; Management; etc||17,311|
|Australian Catholic University||351-400||Exercise Science; Biomedical Science etc||14,352|
Bachelor of Business in Australia: What it is About
Bachelor of Business helps students in gathering leadership and communication skills. In between the course, candidates are able to learn the various aspects when it comes to management and business administration.
Practical projects during internship and classroom lectures help in the process of skill development and exposure. Specializations offered in BBA include Sales and Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, Information Technology.
Here is the list of top Bachelor of Business subjects:
- Business Mathematics & Statistics
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Business Data Processing
- Principles of Management
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Production & Material Management
- Business Economics
- Personnel Management & Industry Relations
- Marketing Management
- Business Laws
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Admission Process
Students who are preparing to apply for a Bachelor of Business in Australia need to meet academic or non-academic requirements to secure admission to the program. The majority of the universities follow similar procedures for admission for Bachelor of Business as for BBA in Australia.
Eligibility for Bachelor of Business in Australia Admission
- Age of the student must be 17 years during the time of admission.
- Students who have successfully completed equivalent Australian year 12 are eligible to apply for this course and have to submit relevant proof.
- Indian Students must provide proof of CBSE/ICSE/GCE A level/Senior Secondary Education Certificates
- International Baccalaureate students can provide a certificate of completion of diploma.
- International students should meet the minimum test scores in IELTS, TOEFL or other tests specified by the university to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Admission Process is also subject to high academic standing with proficiency in skills like analysis, design, problem-solving and math skills.
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
Students preparing for foreign education must submit English language proficiency tests as per academic requirements. Here are the score details:
|Australian National University||6.5||PBT ( Paper Based Test):570 iBT (Internet Based Test): 80||CAE:176 PTE: 64|
|Monash University||6.5||iBT: 79||PTE: 58|
|University of Adelaide||6.5||iBT: 79 PBT: 577||PTE: 58 C1A: 176|
|University of Canberra||6.0||-||-|
|Macquarie University||6.5||iBT: 83||PTE: 58 C1A: 180 C2P: 180|
|Western Sydney University||6.5||iBT: 82 PBT:575||PTE: 58|
|Swinburne University of Technology||6.0||iBT: 75||PTE: 50|
Documents Required for Bachelor of Business in Australia Admission
- All academic record
- Official certificates of the completion of secondary education.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Official ID including birth certificate, Citizenship documents or passport, which will be mandatory if admission is approved in the college.
- Financial affidavit stating that you can afford the study cost.
- Applicants with experience should submit their resume and their current statement of employment.
Cost of Studying for Bachelor of Business in Australia
There will be two major types of expenses: pre-admissions and post-admissions. The pre-admissions cost includes application fees, ELP test fees, cost of traveling to Australia, visa fees, etc. Post-admission, one of the major expenses will be BBA fees in Australia. Other expenses will include accommodations, travel, living, etc.
Pre-arrival or pre-admissions costs are mostly one-time expenses. Some of your major expenses pre-admissions are given below:
|Application Fee||50-100 ( University dependent)|
As per Australian Government requirements, cost of living in Australia is 20,290 AUD annually other than tuition fees. It is also suggested that an expense of 5 AUD to 440 AUD/week can be incurred for accommodation based upon the type and the city.
Scholarships for Bachelor of Business in Australia
Similar to Australia awards by the Australian Government, Australian universities also offer scholarships for international students. Below are the scholarships for international students pursuing a BBA degree in Australia:
|Australian National University||Business and Economics of India; Excellence Scholarship;|
Business and Economics; International Undergraduate Scholarship
100% international fee tuition waiver for the duration of the program
|Monash University||Monash International Merit Scholarship;|
MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship
Up to 3500 AUD/year
|University of Adelaide||Global Citizens Scholarship;|
Global Academic Excellence Scholarship
|15%-30% tuition fee waiver;|
50% tuition fee waiver
|University of Canberra||University of Canberra International Course Merit Scholarship;|
International High Achiever Scholarship
|25% tuition fee waiver;|
20% tuition fee waiver
|Macquarie University||Macquarie University of India Scholarship;|
Vice-Chancellor's International scholarship
Up to 10,000 AUD/year towards tuition fee
|Swinburne University of Technology||International Excellence; Undergraduate Scholarship||Up to 38,000 AUD for the duration of bachelor degree|
Australian Student Visa for International Students
Australian student visas are submitted online through Immigration Account.
- Students have to pay a basic fee of $413 in order to complete the visa application process.
- The overall student visa acceptance rate is 90%-95% for all the levels of study.
Australian Student Visa depends on international students depending upon the duration of the course. Students studying in Australia for 6 months come under the category of subclass 500.
English Language Test Scores For Visa:
To study in Australia, students must be enrolled at a CRICOS registered Australian university.
Student visa requires the following test scores:
|Test||Minimum Score Required|
Australian Student Visa Document Requirements
Students must be enrolled at a CRICOS registered Australian University. Australian Student Visa Documents include:
- Passport/ Birth Certificate
- COE (Confirmation of Enrolment)/ Offer Letter
- OSHC (Overseas Health Cover)/ Insurance
- Evidence of Financial Capacity for 12 months stay and return airfare (Minimum $20,000 excluding Tuition costs)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Proof
Australian Student Visa Acceptance Rate for various sectors of education in Australia
Student Visa Australia Acceptance Rate for various sectors in Australia
- Higher Education: 23%
- Vocational and Educational Training: 33.9%
- ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students): 48.10%
Jobs after Bachelor of Business in Australia
Job scopes for students studying Bachelor of Business in Australia are wide open in the emerging sectors such as business analysis, commercial law, accounting, communications, event management, finance, financial planning, human resources, entrepreneurship, international business, management, marketing or public relations.
These are the top careers of interest for Bachelor of Business graduates from Australia and their average salaries are as tabulated:
|Designation||Job Description||Average Annual Salary (AUD)|
|Business Analyst||Executing market and business analysis. Outlining problems, opportunities & solutions for a business.||106,000|
|Advertising Professional||Structure and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services||80,200|
|Human Resource Manager||Organize, plan, direct, control and coordinate human resource and workplace relations within organizations||1,30,000|
|Market Research Analyst||Decide the market for new goods and services, develop advertising plans for the best reach out.||1,10,000|
|Economist||To do economic research & analysis, give advice on economic issues, structure and apply theories for production and distribution of goods & services.||85,666|
Scopes after studying Bachelor of Business in Australia
Bachelor of Business students can opt for higher studies after the completion of their bachelor’s which will enhance their skills and professional advancement. Here’s why you should undertake your studies further:
- Australian MBA graduates are among the world’s best-paid according to QS top MBA report.
- Second-highest salaries ($115,600) in the world, just below Switzerland graduates.
- The domestic markets in Australia are steady and robust, sectors like real estate and the tourism sector are always on the rise.
Some of the popular career options for an MBA fresher in Australia:
Now that you know what a Bachelor of Business is and what the career & job scopes are, now you can constructively make up your mind for studying BBA in Australia based upon the information provided above.