Bachelor of Business in Australia is a 3-year professional course which accepts students from all the three streams: Science, Arts & Commerce. It includes all the aspects of overseeing & supervising business operations. Some students confuse BBA and Bachelor of Business as same degree which is misleading information. Both degrees have almost same curriculum and scope but BBA covers only a small aspect of what is taught in Bachelor of Business. In Australian universities, it can be pursued full-time as well as in correspondence.
Students must have studied English and Maths in class 12 to apply for this program at most of top universities of Australia. but some of them have no such minimum criteria. They accept applications from students of all disciplines. Annual tuition fee of top universities offering Bachelor of Business in Australia is between 32,000 AUD to 46,000 AUD per year (equivalent to 30 lakhs to 44.5 lakhs in INR). Comparatively, the average salary is double of what you pay ie. 90,000 AUD per annum which is approximately equaly to 87 lakhs in INR.
Why Study the Bachelor of Business in Australia?
International students prefer to study in Australia because of its unique teaching style and educational experience which focuses on creativity and innovative thinking. Graduates from this country find jobs at leading organizations across the world. Here are a few reasons about why you should study Bachelor of Business in Australia:
- Among the 100 Universities ranked by “Times Higher University Rankings”, 5 universities are Australian that offer a bachelor’s degree in business.
- As per QS Global Rankings 2019, three B – schools of Australia have been ranked among the top 100 business schools in the world.
- International students can choose to stay back in Australia after Bachelor of Business and continue higher studies. MBA salaries in 2019, Australia ranked 5th in the list of top countries, as per QS News.
- Bachelor of Business graduates can work in the field of executive management and change. It is the second highest paid sector in Australia with average salary of 97,000 AUD per annum.
- Australian government has invested over 300 million AUD in scholarships for international students.
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Top Universities
According to THE World University Ranking for 2020, following are the top universities offering 3 year Bachelor of Business degree in Australia:
|THE Ranking 2020||University||Program||Total Course Fee (AUD)|
|32||University of Melbourne||BCom in Business||134,268|
|50||Australian National University (ANU)||Bachelor of International Business||138,240|
|60||University of Sydney||BCom: Business Information System, Business Analytics, International Business||132,000|
|66||University of Queensland||Bachelor of Business Management||126,816|
|71||University of New South Wales (UNSW)||BCom in International Business||134,640|
|75||Monash University||Bachelor of Business||135,000|
|120||University of Adelaide||
Bachelor of Business Management; Bachelor of Business (Global); Bachelor of International Business
|179||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||Bachelor of Business||106,200|
|193||University of Canberra||Bachelor of Business||96,900|
|194||University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||Bachelor of Business||114,192|
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Admission Process
Students who are preparing to apply for a Bachelor of Business need to meet academic or non-academic requirements to secure admission to the program. The majority of the universities follow similar procedures for admission to Bachelor of Business as for BBA in Australia.
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Eligibility
- Age of the student must be 17 years at the time of admission.
- Successfully completed an equivalent Australian year 12
- Indian Students must provide proof of CBSE/ICSE/GCE A level/Senior Secondary Education Certificates
- IELTS, TOEFL, or other tests specified by the university to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
Minimum requirement for admission in Bachelor of Business offered by top universities of Australia are as follows:
|University||Academic Requirement||Minimum IELTS Requirement||Minimum TOEFL Requirement|
|University of Melbourne||82% with English and Mathematics||6.5||iBT: 76|
|Australian National University||Mathematics||6.5||
|University of Sydney||No minimum requirement||7.0||
|University of Queensland||67.5% overall; 33% in Mathematics and English||6.5||
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||Mathematics||7.0||
|Monash University||60% with Maths and English||6.5||iBT: 79|
|University of Adelaide||70% overall||6.5||
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||65% in best five subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects)||6.5||
|University of Canberra||No minimum requirement||6.0||-|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||No minimum requirement||6.5||79|
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Documents Required for Admission
- All academic record with clear demonstration of subjects and marks obtained
- Official certificates of the completion of secondary education.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Official ID including birth certificate, Citizenship documents, or passport, which will be mandatory if admission is approved in the college.
- Financial affidavit stating that you can afford the study cost.
- Applicants with experience should submit their resume and their current statement of employment.
Australian Student Visa for International Students
Australian student visas are submitted online through Immigration Account.
- Students have to pay a basic fee of $413 in order to complete the visa application process.
- The overall student visa acceptance rate is 90%-95% for all the levels of study.
Australian Student Visa depends on international students depending upon the duration of the course. Students must be enrolled at a CRICOS registered Australian University. Documents required for application are:
- Passport/ Birth Certificate
- COE (Confirmation of Enrolment)/ Offer Letter
- OSHC (Overseas Health Cover)/ Insurance
- Evidence of Financial Capacity for 12 months stay and return airfare (Minimum $20,000 excluding Tuition costs)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Proof
Australian Student Visa acceptance rate for various sectors are:
- Higher Education: 23%
- Vocational and Educational Training: 33.9%
- ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students): 48.10%
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Cost of Study
There will be two major types of expenses while studying abroad: pre-admissions and post-admissions. The pre-admissions cost includes application fees, ELP test fees, cost of traveling to Australia, visa fees, etc. Post-admission, one of the major expenses will be tuition fees of the university. Other expenses will include accommodations, travel, living, etc.
Pre-arrival or pre-admissions costs are mostly one-time expenses. Some of your major expenses incurred pre-admissions are given below:
|Expanses||Cost (in AUD)|
|Application Fee||50 – 100 ( University dependent)|
|TOEFL||235 – 370|
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Tuition Fees
University of Canberra and Queensland University of Technology has the lowest annual fees for Bachelor of Business in Australia among top universities.
Cost of Living in Australia
As per Australian Government requirements, the cost of living for an international student is 20,290 AUD annually other than tuition fees. It is also suggested that an expense of 90 AUD to 440 AUD/week can be incurred for accommodation in Australia based upon the type and the city.
|Accommodation Type||Weekly Cost (in AUD)|
|Hostels and Guesthouses||90 – 150|
|Shared Rental||95 – 215|
|On-Campus||110 – 280|
|Homestay||235 – 325|
|Rental||185 – 440|
Other living expenses are provided below:
- Groceries and Eating Out: 140 - 28- AUD per week
- Gas, Electricity: 10 - 20 AUD per week
- Phone and Internet: 15 - 30 AUD per week
- Public Transport: 30 - 60 AUD per week
- Car (after purchase): 150 - 260 AUD per week
- Entertainment: 80 - 150 AUD per week
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Scholarships
To provide financial support, Australian universities offer scholarships to international students. Below are some of such awards given by top universities to BBA students:
|University of Melbourne||Commerce Achievement Scholarship||24,000 AUD|
|Australian National University||Business and Economics of India; Excellence Scholarship;
Business and Economics; International Undergraduate Scholarship
100% international fee tuition waiver for the duration of the program
|University of Queensland||UQ Economics India Scholarship||50% of the tuition fees|
|Monash University||Monash International Merit Scholarship;
MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship
Up to 3500 AUD/year
|University of Adelaide||Global Citizens Scholarship;
Global Academic Excellence Scholarship
|15%-30% tuition fee waiver;
50% tuition fee waiver
|University of Canberra||University of Canberra International Course Merit Scholarship;
International High Achiever Scholarship
|25% tuition fee waiver;
20% tuition fee waiver
For more scholarships in Australia, click here
Bachelor of Business in Australia: Scope
Job scopes for students studying Bachelor of Business in Australia are wide open in the emerging sectors such as business analysis, commercial law, accounting, communications, event management, finance, entrepreneurship, international business, management, marketing, or public relations.
Following are the available jobs in Australia for Bachelor of Business graduates:
|Designation||Job Description||Average Annual Salary (AUD)|
|Business Analyst||Executing market and business analysis. Outlining problems, opportunities & solutions for a business.||106,000|
|Advertising Professional||Structure and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services||80,200|
|Human Resource Manager||Organize, plan, direct, control and coordinate human resource and workplace relations within organizations||1,30,000|
|Market Research Analyst||Decide the market for new goods and services, develop advertising plans for the best reach out.||1,10,000|
|Economist||To do economic research & analysis, give advice on economic issues, structure and apply theories for production and distribution of goods & services.||85,666|
Bachelor of Business students can opt for higher studies after the completion of their bachelor’s which will enhance their skills and professional advancement. Here’s why you should undertake your studies further:
- Australian MBA graduates are among the world’s best-paid according to QS top MBA report.
- Second-highest salaries (115,600 AUD per annum) in the world, just below Switzerland graduates.
- The domestic markets in Australia are steady and robust, sectors like real estate and the tourism sector are always on the rise.
Some of the popular career options for a graduate with an MBA in Australia:
Now that you know what a Bachelor of Business is and what the career & job scopes are, now you can constructively make up your mind for studying BBA in Australia based upon the information provided above.
Ques. Which universities provide the best business courses in Australia?
Ans. University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, and University of New South Wales are some of the top universities offering Bachelor of Business in Australia.
Ques. What is the cost of pursuing a Bachelor of Business in Australia?
Ans. Annual tuition fees of Bachelor of Business in Australia ranges between 32,000 AUD to 46,000 AUD. In addition to this, international students have to pay the living cost which is approximately 20,290 AUD per annum.
Ques. How can I get admission in Bachelor of Business in Australia?
Ans. Bachelor of Business in Australia accepts students from all streams ie. Arts, Science, and Commerce. Some universities have a compulsory requirement of Mathematics and English in senior secondary school.
Ques. What is the duration of Bachelor of Business in Australia?
Ans. A full-time Bachelor of Business in Australia takes 3 years to complete.
Ques. What is the scope after pursuing a Bachelor of Business in Australia?
Ans. You can work as Business Analyst, Advertising Professional, Human Resource Professional, Market Research Analyst, etc after completion of Bachelor of Business in Australia. Average salary offered is 90,000 AUD per annum.