Master of Business Analytics in Australia: Complete Guide for International Students
Master of Business Analytics in Australia is a 2-year postgraduate degree program developing analytical skills for impactful business planning. In Australia, 65 programs are offered in Master of Business Analytics. The course fee for Master of Business Analytics in Australia is AUD 29,800 per year. Top 8 world ranking universities in Australia offer a Master of Business Analytics course.
Why Opt for a Master of Business Analytics in Australia?
- Whether the startups of Silicon Valley, the graduate of Master of Business Analytics of Australia is needed for analyzing the plethora of data with the help of digital technology.
- A globally recognized degree can land up the graduate to widen the work horizon anywhere in the world.
- After the USA, Australia ranks second for the highest paying salaries to data scientists.
- According to Gartner, a world-renowned research firm confirms a steady growth of 13.4% in the economy 2017 with immense use of data and analytics.
- Within the next 3-5 years, Augmented Analytics will introduce a new trend in understanding data technology in Australia.
- According to Gartner, by the end of 2022, most of the renowned corporate firms will use big data in real-time with the help of augmented analytics to improve decision-making skills.
Tuition fees for Top Universities for Master of Business Analytics
Here is the list of the universities offering the master of Business Analytics in Australia
|Name of the Universities||World Ranking||Location and date of establishment||Program||Tuition Fees (per year)|
|Monash University||75||Melbourne, 1958||Master of Business Analytics (2years)||AUD 45,500|
|University of Melbourne||32||Melbourne, 1853||Master of Business Analytics (1year)||AUD 55,000|
|University of Sydney||60||Sydney, 1850||Master degree in Business Analytics (1year)||AUD 49,000|
|RMIT University||351-400||Melbourne, 1887||Master of Analytics (2years)||AUD 32,640|
|University of South Australia||120||Adelaide, 1856||Master of Data Science (2years)||AUD 34,800 (1st year) AUD 36,600 (2nd year)|
|Deakin University||301-350||Geelong, 1974||Master of Business Analytics (2years)||AUD 35,000|
|Victoria University||301-350||Melbourne,1916||Master of Business Analytics (2years)||AUD 15000|
|La Trobe University||251-300||Melbourne suburb of Bundoora, 1964||Master of Business Analytics (2years)||AUD 34,400|
*The costs are given in Australian Dollar (AUD). 1AUD= INR 48.92 (January 18, 2020)
Master of Business Analytics in Australia- Cost of living
The living cost for international immigrants in Australia depends on different factors like city, lifestyle, accommodation plans, meal plans, and transportation.
|Housing Rent||AUD 1200-1500|
|Meal Plan||AUD 600|
|Other household expenses||AUD 200|
*The costs are given in Australian Dollar (AUD). 1AUD= INR 48.92 (January 18,2020)
Admission Process for Masters of Business Analytics in Australia
The international students opting to choose Australia as a destination to get a masters degree in Business Analytics have to meet with the following admission requirements:
- No cut off for class 12 results
- Applicants should have passed the undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Economics or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3
- Applicants should have completed 3 years of undergraduate courses including basic theories on probability, regression analysis, and quantitative aptitude.
- IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5
Master of Business Analytics in Australia – Academic Requirements
The applicants must have the following academic qualification for studying masters in Business Analytics in Australia.
|Name of the Universities||Academic Requirements|
|Monash University||With a minimum of 65 in Weighted Average Mark(WAM); IELTS- 6.5; TOEFL- 79;|
The applicants must have complete knowledge in statistics units of 1st year
|University of Melbourne||With a minimum GPA of 65%; Wide academic knowledge in data, mathematics, physics, finance, actuarial science, statistics, economics;|
IELTS-7 (with a minimum individual score of 6.5); TOEFL-102 (with a minimum score of 24 in written)
|University of Sydney||IELTS- 7(with a minimum individual score of 6);|
TOEFL-96 (with 17 in Reading, Listening and Speaking and 19 in Writing)
|RMIT University||IELTS- 6.5(with a minimum individual score of 6);|
TOEFL-79 (with a minimum of 13 in Reading, 18 in speaking, 12 in Listening and 21 in writing)
|University of South Australia||Good knowledge in data, mathematics and information technology; IELTS-6.5; TOEFL-94|
|Deakin University||Graduate degree from a recognized university in a related discipline; IELTS-6.5|
|Victoria University||Must have a Bachelor degree in a similar discipline; IELTS- 6.5|
|La Trobe University||Recognized Bachelor degree in any discipline with a related knowledge in data, statistics, mathematics; IELTS-6.5|
Documents Required for Masters of Business Analytics in Australia
Before joining the program, the students must submit the following documents for smooth application procedures. List of documents required for the course are
- Transcripts of the degree last achieved by the applicant
- Descriptions of the undergraduate course program
- Updates CV along with a cover letter
The applicants have to upload all the necessary documents on the official portal of the respective universities. After the shortlist of names, the applicant will receive mail on behalf of the university to acknowledge the confirmation letter. The applicant has to revert back after accepting the confirmation letter.
Documents Required for Visa Interview
International candidates are required to apply for a student visa to study in Australia. Here is the list of documents required for a visa interview for the international students to study master’s in Business Analytics
- Confirmation of Enrolment – The applicant should submit the confirmation letter sent to the selected student about the chosen program of study.
- Valid Passport- Minimum of 6 months validity is required for the passport
- Visa application fee- The applicant has to submit a fee of AUD 620 to submit the visa application.
- Academic or work experience documents (if required) - if the applicant has published any academic works then the documents have to be submitted along with admission procedures. If the applicant has any work experience, then that document will also be uploaded along with the application form.
- IELTS test score
- Proof of funds- During visa interview, Australian Immigration department will look after the minimum funds present in the bank account. A minimum of 1-semester tuition fee and the flight tickets (to and fro) for Australia is required.
- Health insurance policy- The policy costs around AUD 438 annually for the international students to cover health insurance.
- Statement of purpose- This document shows how the students want to pursue a particular course of study and what will be its future endeavors.
- Passport size photographs
Master of Business Analytics in Australia- Cost to Study vs Salary
Australia has 35 globally recognized universities. Getting a graduate degree from these renowned universities will be a costly experience. In the below-mentioned list, a wide detailing has been made between the tuition fees and the average salary per year.
As in the above-mentioned bar graph, it is shown that in most of the universities of Australia offer the graduates in masters in Business Analytics a good salary package from a range of AUD 49,000 to AUD 94,000 per year. So the Return on Investment in all these universities is higher in every respect. After the USA, Australia is one of the leading countries for economic growth in the global market.
Scholarships to Study Master of Business Analytics in Australia
Due to high tuition fees in Australia, the international students need financial aid for completing masters in Business Analytics in Australia. Popular International student scholarships in Australia include:
A certain number of university-specific scholarships are also available at select higher study institutes in Australia.
|Name of the Scholarship||University||Amount|
|Donald Cochrane Scholarship||Monash University||AUD 10000|
|BP Australia Scholarship in Business Analytics||University of Melbourne||AUD 25000|
|Business School's International Scholarship||University of Sydney||AUD 20,000|
|Master of Artificial Intelligence Scholarship for Indian and Sri Lankan students||RMIT||50% off in tuition fees|
|Deakin alumni postgraduate bursary||Deakin University||15% off in tuition fees|
|VU International Excellence Scholarship||Victoria University||AUD 3000 for two study periods (first ones) AUD 6000 for tuition fees|
|La Trobe College Excellence Scholarships||La Trobe University||25% off in tuition fees|
Master of Business Analytics in Australia- Salary Distribution Across Australia
This graph has been observed closely to show the salary distribution of the specific economic margin for the business analysts across Australia. The predictive analysis of Business Analytics decides the economic future of the organization. The high salary range of business analysts is due to their analytical intelligence.
Master of Business Analytics in Australia- Top Recruiters and Job Profiles
Australia is quite famous among business analytics for its wide analytics firms. Business Analytics has become a newly evolved field that provides proper analytical reports to the organization and also the strategies required for the growth in the respective fields.
|Top Recruiters||Job Profiles|
|Covalense||Big Data Consultant|
|Analytics8||Financial Analyst, Senior Analyst|
|Altis Consulting||Data Scientist|
|Contexti||Data Scientist, Strategist|
|Internetrix||Augmented Data analyst|
|Integrated Business Technologies (IBT)||Data Management, Cloud ERP|
|Pernix||Data mining and interpretation|
|Diligent Global||Data Sourcing, Data Interpreter|
Apart from these above-mentioned companies, the graduate completing a master of Business Analytics in Australia can upload their updated resume in top job portal sites like CareerOne, Adzuna, Seek, Indeed Australia, FlexCareers, GradConnection and many more.