With investments as high as 300 million AUD on international students scholarships, undoubtedly, Australia is one of the top study abroad destinations in the world. Large companies such as GMT People, Macquarie Group, Commonwealth Bank and others are hiring students from top business analytics colleges in Australia. It is quite evident that the demand for them has taken a major toll in the last few years.
- According to reports, the Business Analytics market in Australia has grown by 13.4% since 2017, which is round-about 1,468.20 million AUD.
- The average salary earned by Business Analysts in Australia ranges between 56,100 - 161,000 AUD which is 15.27% higher than most jobs.
- Business Analysts have rewarded a bonus of 6-8% annually which is higher than 3-5% received by other professionals.
All these facts make Australia a perfect study abroad destination for international students to pursue Business Analytics.
Top Business Analytics Colleges in Australia
Business analytics deals with a deeper analytical insight and accessibility, bringing about a deviation from the IT-dominating system of recording to a more business-led approach. The demand for the profession is very high and pursuing it from a top-notch university makes it all the way better.
According to the ARWU Global rankings, below mentioned are the top universities in Australia providing business analytics programs at various degree levels:
|Global Rankings||University||Business Analytics Programs|
|41||University of Melbourne||Master of Business Analytics; Doctoral Program in Business Administration and Analytics|
|73||Monash University||Master of Business Analytics|
|= 201-300||Deakin University||Bachelor in Business Analytics; Masters of Business Analytics|
|= 201-300||Macquarie University||Bachelor in Business Analytics; Bachelor in Business Analytics and Professional Accounting|
|= 301-400||La Trobe University||Bachelor of Business Analytics; Master of Business Analytics|
|= 301-400||RMIT University||Bachelor in Business Analytics|
Business Analytics in Australia- Degrees and Course Curriculum
Business Analytics deals with the study of continuously screening business performances using data and statistical methods. Business Analytics is available in three-degree levels in Australia -
- Bachelor’s Degree: 3-4 years
- Master’s Degree: 1-2 years
- PhD Degree: 4 years
It is a wide-ranging discipline focusing on three major areas- Mathematics, Business Study and Technology. The study covers other vast topics such as statistics, probability, and finance.
A person studying Business Analytics will grasp knowledge about Database Analytics, Customer Analytics, Business Statistics, Market Research and many more.
Top Business Analytics Colleges in Australia offering Bachelors
Top universities in Australia offer 3-4 year bachelor’s degree in business analytics. A Bachelors in Business Analytics in Australia focuses on areas such as accounting and finance, economic issues, data analytics concepts, market research and many more.
There are a number of universities in Australia offering a bachelors in business analytics. The following are some of the universities offering Bachelors in Business Analytics in Australia.
|Program||University||Duration||Tuition fee/year (in AUD)|
|Bachelor in Business Analytics and Professional Accounting||Macquarie University||4 years||37,500|
|Bachelor in Business Analytics||RMIT University||3 years||33,600|
|Bachelor in Business Analytics||Deakin University||3 years||35,800|
|Bachelor of Business Analytics||La Trobe University||3 years||33,800|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Business Analytics Major||University of Sydney Business School||3 years||30,360|
Bachelors in Business Analytics in Australia: Eligibility
International students applying for bachelors in business analytics in Australia need to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Successful completion of standard 12 from a recognized institution with scores in English no less than 65%.
- Proof of English language proficiency through one of the following exams:
- IELTS- 6.5-7.0
- TOEFL (iBT)- 79-95
- PTE- 58-65
- Must have studied mathematics as a subject at senior level
Note - Students can be asked for additional documents depending upon the university. Proof of funding and a valid ID proof or a copy of passport is required by all universities at the time of application.
Fees and Funding for Bachelors in Business Analytics in Australia
The cost of studying a bachelors in business analytics in Australia ranges between 31,000 - 38,000 AUD. As the tuition fees are very high, there are a lot of scholarships to study in Australia. Students can also work for approximately 20 hours per week while they study to fund their expenses for accommodation and travel in Australia.
Top Business Analytics Colleges in Australia offering Masters
Masters in Business Analytics is usually a 1-2 years course in Australia. The country has 65 programs for Business Analytics.
One can find a few of the best universities for Masters in Business Analytics in Australia. This is evident as the universities such as the University of Melbourne and La Trobe mentioned below have made their place in the QS Top 100 Universities Global Rankings 2020 for Business Analytics.
|Programs||University||Duration||Annual fees (in AUD)|
|Master of Business Analytics||University of Melbourne||1 year||55,000|
|Master of Business Analytics||Monash University||1.5 or 2 years||45,000|
|Master of Business Analytics||Deakin University||2 years||35,000|
|Master of Business Analytics||La Trobe University||2 years||34,400|
|Master of Business Analytics (Professional)||Victoria University||2 years||29,700|
Masters in Business Analytics in Australia: Eligibility
The following are the general academic requirements for pursuing Masters in Business Analytics in Australia. However, the list is not exhaustive and some university-specific documents might be asked during the application process.
- A bachelor's degree in business analytics or any other stream such as mathematics, information systems, economics, finance, etc. with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must have a rigorous knowledge of subjects such as probability, regression analysis, and quantitative aptitude.
- Proof of English language proficiency through one of the following exams:
- IELTS- 6.5-7
- TOEFL (iBT)- 79-102
Documents Required: Applicants will be required to submit a few of the required documents such as-
- Updated CV
- Letters of recommendation
- SOP, etc.
Fees and Funding for Masters in Business Analytics in Australia
The cost of studying Masters in Business Analytics in Australia is around 30,000 - 55,000 AUD and the average annual salary ranges from 49,000 - 94,000 AUD. Therefore the ROI is very high.
Students can find various international scholarships to study in Australia. These can include scholarships awarded by Australian universities or awards provided by various private organizations and agencies or even the respective home countries.
Top Business Analytics Colleges in Australia offering PhD
If you manage to finish a PhD program in Business Analytics, your salary will escalate 23% higher than a master’s degree which is quite worthwhile. In Australia, there are a few universities that provide PhD Programs in Business Analytics.
Melbourne Business School
Melbourne Business School offers a 4 years doctoral program in Business Administration and Analytics. The annual tuition fee for the program is 37,952 AUD.
Entry requirements: To be eligible for admissions to the doctoral program an applicant must:
- The students are required to hold a 4 years bachelors degree or a 2 years masters degree in the relevant field with the minimum weighted average of 75%.
- Present a minimum GMAT score of 680 or a GRE score of 324
- International students are required to present English proficiency scores. The minimum requirements for the same are IELTS - 7.0, TOEFL (iBT) - 94.
- A 1000-words research proposal
- Referee reports
- Endorsement of substantial supervisor
University of Sydney
University of Sydney offers a 3-4 years PhD (Business)- Business Analytics program. The annual fee for the program is 49,000 AUD.
- Students are required to have a postgraduate degree with at least 80%.
- Prior completion of a 20,000-word honors or Masters thesis
- Scores of GRE or GMAT
- Proof of English proficiency by presenting IELTS (7.0), TOEFL (96), PTE (68) or equivalent scores.
- Students will also be required to appear for an interview.
- Statement of purpose
- Referee’s report
- Statement of research interests
Deakin University offers a 4 years PhD in Information Systems and Business Analytics. The annual tuition fee for the PhD program is 37,600 AUD.
- Students are required to present a Masters (Research)/Honours degree not older than 5 years.
- Research project in a related area of study, including a thesis
- They should obtain at least 2 research methods units in their prior studies.
- English proficiency by presenting IELTS (7.0), TOEFL (94), PTE (65) or any other recognized scores.
- Scores of GRE or GMAT (Recommended)
- 5-minute video presentation addressing their reasons for applying for a PhD
Scholarships offered by Top Business Analytics Colleges in Australia
The Australian government has invested approximately 300 million AUD in providing scholarships for international students. The need for financial aid arises due to the high tuition fees of Australian universities. There are a number of scholarships available for international students to study in Australia. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- Australia Awards Scholarships: These scholarships are available for full-time UG and PG international students
- Australia Government Research Training Program scholarships: These scholarships are available to students pursuing research doctorate programs or research masters programs in Australia.
Below mentioned are a few other scholarships provided by the universities that are available for students pursuing various degree types:
|Scholarships||University||Amount (in AUD)|
|Graduate Research Scholarships (PhD in Business Analytics)||Melbourne Business school||100% tuition fees|
|Monash International Merit Scholarships (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)||Monash University||10,000 per year|
|Deakin Alumni Postgraduate Bursary||Deakin University||15% on Tuition Fees|
|Deakin International Scholarship||Deakin University||25% on Tuition Fees|
|La Trobe College Excellence Scholarships||La Trobe University||25% on Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate Regional Campus Scholarships||La Trobe University||Up to 5000|
|VU International Excellence Scholarship||Victoria University||3000 AUD for two study periods 6000 AUD for tuition fees|
|Future Leaders Scholarship (Undergraduate Program)||RMIT University||20% on Tuition Fees|
Apart from Australian scholarships, international students can earn their living by working part-time. Students can work for 20 hours per week and earn around 15.11 AUD an hour.
Business Analytics Jobs in Australia
Australia has almost 2.5 million international alumni around the globe. Acquiring any level of degree from an Australian university opens a wide range of career pathways for students in every part of the world.
A student can stay temporarily in Australia by getting a Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Australian Visa. Furthermore, the stay can be extended by submitting an Expression of Interest through Skillselect.
Business Analytics is considered one of the highest-paid professions in the country. The growth rate from 2019 to 2024 is projected to be 20.2%.
- The average annual salary of a Business Analyst in Australia is 106,000 AUD.
- The rate of salary increment for business analysts in Australia is 13% for every 15 months.
- Almost 80% of the Business Analysts are paid a bonus, ranging between 6-8% of their annual salary.
The annual salary ranges between 56,100 - 161,000 AUD annually. The salary may vary depending upon the city, job title and degree levels.
There is a 24% salary increase with advancement in degree level from diploma or certificate in business analytics to bachelor's degree. 29% from bachelor’s degree to master’s degree and 23% from master's degree to PhD.
International students studying Business Analytics at top colleges in Australia get an array of job opportunities in Australia after finishing any level of degree. Following table displays various job profiles with an approximate salary that a student can get post-study.
|Job Profiles||Salary per year (in AUD)|
|Corporate Strategy Analyst||67,000 - 145,000|
|Business Analyst||56,100 -161,000|
|Senior Business Analyst||87,000 - 142,000|
|Change Communication Analyst||69,000 - 112,000|
|Research Analyst||48,000 - 92,000|
|Operation Research Analyst||65,000 - 95,000|
|Operations Analyst||53,000 - 89,000|
|Operations Manager||56,000 - 135,000|
|Business Improvement Analyst||55,000 - 107,000|
According to the 2018 Department of Education Survey, 90% of satisfaction scores were reported by students studying in Australia. There is a constant 2% escalation in the salary trend of Business Analysts since 2017 in the country. All these reasons are enough to conclude that Australia can be a lucrative destination for studying business analytics.