Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong Ranking, Courses, Admission Criteria Fees & Scholarships
Established in 1997, Sydney Business School is the graduate school of the Faculty of Business and Law of the University of Wollongong (UOW). The business school has 2 campuses in Sydney and Wollongong. Being a graduate institution, it offers graduate diplomas, certificates, master’s degrees and MBA programs.
- The business school is AACSB accredited which makes it a part of the top 5% business schools worldwide. UOW’s business school is ranked in the tier one globally for its MBA programs in the CEO Magazine’s Global MBA Ranking 2020.
- The business school follows a trimester based academic calendar with 3 yearly intakes.
- The University enrolls an overall student of almost 35,000 students every year. Students from almost 149 different countries are granted admission to Sydney Business School. The University offers ample financial aid opportunities to domestic as well as international students.
- The Faculty of Business and Law is in the top 2% universities in the world and top 1% for graduates according to global employers.
- With an 82% full-time placement rate within 4 months from graduation, it has a 5 star rating for graduate outcomes in the Good Universities Guide 2020.
Sydney Business School Ranking
Sydney Business School is one of the top business schools in Australia. Provided below are certain rankings of the business school by some of the top-ranking agencies.
QS Top Universities
- #38 in Masters in Supply Chain Management in 2021
- #60 in Masters in Management in 2021
Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings by subject 2021
- University of Wollongong ranks among the top 250 universities for Business and Economics.
|Location||Wollongong, New South Wales|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|Parent Institution||University of Wollongong|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Level of Study||Graduate|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/ bursaries|
Sydney Business School Campus
- Sydney Business School has two campuses - Sydney CBD campus and Wollongong campus.
- The Sydney CBD campus is one of the oldest and also largest campuses in Australia.
- The campus is located on Sydney Harbour at the upmarket end of the central business district (CBD) of Sydney.
- Some of the attractions close to the campus are Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- The other campus is located in Wollongong which is located 80 km away South from Sydney.
- The campus is minutes away from the Pacific Ocean and provides interactive classes with modern technology.
- The area surrounding the campus is rich in sports, entertainment and culture.
Sydney Business School Residence
- Sydney Business School does not provide any accommodation facilities on the Sydney campus.
- The housing facilities are only available on the Wollongong campus.
- The Wollongong campus offers its students on-campus accommodation as well as assists students in looking for accommodation off-campus.
- All students joining in 2021 are guaranteed fully furnished rooms in UOW’s accommodation.
- Living on campus helps in student development. There are various utilities available such as furniture, laundry facilities, car parking, 24/7 wellbeing care, etc.
Sydney Business School Courses
- The business school of the University of Wollongong offers 8 graduate certificates, 1 graduate diploma, 3 MBA options and 15 master’s degree programs.
- Some of the most popular programs offered by Sydney Business School are Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Project Management and International Business.
- There are 3 variants of the MBA program - general MBA, Executive MBA and advanced MBA.
- All master’s degree programs have full-time or part-time study options.
Sydney Business School Application Process
The admission session is divided into three trimesters. All these trimesters have a specific date before which applicants are advised to complete their registration process.
How to Apply?
For admission to the Sydney Business School, applicants must be updated with the following requirements:
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: Free
Application Deadlines: Trimester 1 - February 1; Trimester 2 - May 10; Trimester 3 - August 16
Admission Requirements: International applicants must gather the following documents for admission:
- Original academic records including transcripts, certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate or copy of passport
- English translations of documents issued in another language.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Resume with details of professional work experience and responsibilities
- Statement of motivation
Sydney Business School Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee for some of the top programs offered by the Sydney Business School are as follows:
|Program||Tuition fee per session (in AUD)|
|Bachelor of Business||15,120|
|Bachelor of Commerce||15,120|
|Master of International Business||11,772|
|Master of Management||11,772|
|Master of Applied Finance||11,772|
|Master of Business Analytics||11,772|
On an average, the monthly cost of living in Australia is around 2,150 AUD. The weekly cost of living in Wollongong can be summarized as follows:
|Expense||Weekly cost (in AUD)|
Sydney Business School Scholarships/Financial Aid
Sydney Business School offers scholarships for international students to study in Australia undergraduate as well as graduate programs.
The details of some scholarships are as follows:
|Scholarship/ Bursary||Subject Area||Amount|
|University of Wollongong Diplomat Scholarship||Awarded to international students from undergraduate programs.||30% of tuition fee|
|University Excellence Scholarship||Awarded to international students from undergraduate programs.||30% of tuition fee|
|UOW Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship||Awarded to international students from postgraduate coursework program.||30% of tuition fee|
|UOW Alumni Postgraduate Scholarship||Awarded to full-fee paying international students pursuing postgraduate coursework degree.||10% of tuition fee|
|India Bursary||Must be an Indian citizen.||10% of tuition fee (for undergraduates)
20% of tuition fee (for graduates)
Sydney Business School Alumni Network
- Alumni of the Sydney Business School are entitled to various benefits and services such as:
- Library membership
- Alumni scholarship
- Regular updates from UOWMail
- Range of discounts from UOW partners, global partners, national partners and local partners.
- Some notable alumni of the business school are as follows:
- Brendan Lyon - Chief Executive of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- Dr. Stephen Martin - CEO, CEDA
- Russell Packer - National Rugby League player
Sydney Business School works to enhance the employability skills of the students. Various internship and workshop programs are organized to help students build networks with job recruiters and such organizations. The University also offers mentoring programs to students. 82% of the graduates of the business school were employed within 4 months from graduation.
FIND A PROGRAM
|Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong||Melbourne Business School||Australian Graduate School of Management|
|ranking (overall)||-||# 87 Financial Times 2021 |
# 80 Financial Times 2020
# 61 Financial Times 2019
|programs||UG Programs -2|
PG Programs -16
|PG Programs -7||UG Programs -35|
PG Programs -16
Doctorate Programs -8
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees 10780 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 16185 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 15365 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 87000 USD|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 23890 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 28980 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 26199 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 34182 USD Per Year
|collegedunia reviews||-||8.4/10 Read 4 reviews||-|
|-||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison|
Application Portal : https://www.uow.edu.au/study/apply/
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
Times Higher Education
RANKED #201 - #250
The Australia's post-graduate courses are among the finest in the world in terms of content, and I believe there is no better place to study business than aAustralina university. I submitted my application online and met the guidelines for foreign students. The cost of my submission was about £125.
Course Curriculum :
I had a life-changing learning opportunity. It would undoubtedly assist me in altering my job chances. My course is integrative and inter-disciplinary in order to represent best practises in the corporate sector. The modules available to me are meaningfully linked, enabling me to cross-pollinate material from around the fields.
I learned about this college from one of my seniors, who went to this college and graduated. I didn't need to do any further analysis because I trusted what he said. After filling out and paying for the $125 application form, I finished the online admissions process.
Course Curriculum :
Our course will assist me in developing basic skills in a range of business subjects, including economics, accounting, management, marketing, and finance, with concentrations based on your interests and career goals. The software also provides funding for travel and study outside of class. The programme was very demanding and provided me with a lot of opportunities to learn and develop.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary