Wentworth Institute, Australia: Ranking, Programs, Application Deadlines, Admission 2021, Fees, Scholarships
Wentworth Institute is a private institute located in Sydney, Australia. The institute is one of the centers of higher learning in Australia, offering several certification programs, graduate programs, and post-graduate programs. Popular courses of the institute include the masters and bachelors of Business in Professional Accounting along with Bachelors and Masters in Interactive Media.
The professional accounting programs are accredited by Chartered Accountants (CA) Australia & New Zealand and CPA Association Australia. A sophisticated and advanced Greenroom is present for the students of Interactive media and the advanced technology of motion capture choice to making it an apt choice to study in Australia. Facilities of library and free licenses for the academic software’s are also available at the institute.
Admissions at Wentworth Institute are held in three intake sessions –spring, fall and winter and the acceptance rate of the institute is at about 40-45%. The first Academic Semester would begin from 2 March 2021 while the second Academic Semester would begin from 20 July 2021 and the last third Academic Semester would begin from 16 November 2021.
- The institute is well known in Sydney for its Accountancy programs. With two major Accounting agencies, Chartered Accountants (CA) Australia & New Zealand and CPA Association Australia, accrediting them.
- The courses offered by Wentworth Institute are one of the most affordable courses in Sydney, some of them starting at only 12,500 AUD, such as Graduate Certification in Business.
- Good educational infrastructure for the students. There is a well-equipped Green Room on the premises for the Media Art students. Students have access to the licenses of the commercial soft wares used in professional environments, such as Office 365, MYOB, and BIM.
- The courses at Wentworth Institute of higher education are accredited by – TEQSA, an independent authority for regulation of higher education in Australia.
- Education Services approve the institute for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act.
- The accounting programs conducted by the institute are accredited by Chartered Accountants (CA) Australia and New Zealand.
- The CPA Association Australia accredits the Professional Accounting program conducted by the institute.
- Master of Business and Graduate of Business HRM programs of the institute are accredited by the Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI)
|Application Portal||International Online Application Portal|
|Application Fee||100 – 120 AUD|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Intake Sessions||Spring, Fall, and Winter|
|Work Experience||Not Required|
|Criteria of Selection||Merit-Based|
|Financial Aid/Scholarships||Only provided to Domestic Students|
|Mode of Payment||Debit Card/Credit Card/ Wire transfer|
|Graduate Certification in Business||AUD 12,500|
Wentworth Institute campus is located in the Australian city of Sydney. The students of Wentworth Universities are provided with several facilities at the campus. Some of which are –
- Library – Wentworth University has a well-equipped library at the campus premises. The library also doubles as an Online Research Centre where students can study or research materials online.
- Computer labs – A dedicated computer lab is also present at the campus equipped with management, Information Technology, Database Management, and Data Analytics soft wares to help learn the nuances of management, accountancy, and other subjects. Students are also provided with the licenses of the same soft wares – Office 365, MYOB (Mind Your Own Business), BIM, and others from the institutes to practice their skills outside the campus.
- Green Room – For Bachelors of Interactive media and related courses, a green room is provided at the institute, where students can learn to make use of the greens screen for combining effects and CGI with the live footage. The facility of motion capturing for animating CGI models is also available in the green room.
Wentworth institute does not provide any accommodations for the students inside the campus. However, there are several other student accommodation in Australia such as – Homestay, Student dorms and apartments for rent. A student is required to make his living arrangements and may seek the institute's help for guidance. Out of these accommodations options Homestay is the most popular one.
- Homestay - Homestay is a type of accommodation in which an overseas student stays as a paying guest with the local host family of the region during his study period. Among all the options this is the most safe, economical and easy one to follow and Wentworth Institute itself works in collaboration with Median Homestay Services, a Sydney based popular homestay provider, to recommend a safe and economical accommodation to the students
- Hotel Accommodation – Excellent Hotel accommodation services for the Wentworth students are provided by the UTS housing Services, Sydney which lies close to the campus provides hotel accommodation options to the students
|Program||Program Details||Total Course Fee (AUD)|
|Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting)||Duration – 3 Years Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12 Must have a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS||66,000|
|Master of Professional Accounting||Duration – 2 Years Must be graduated from a recognized university Must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS||50,000|
|Bachelor of Business||Duration – 3 Years Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12 Must have a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS||66,000|
|Bachelor of Interactive media||Duration – 3 Years Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12 Must have a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS||66,000|
|Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting||Duration – 1 Year Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12 Must have a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS||50,000|
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting||Duration – 6 months Eligibility - Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12||12,500|
|Master of Business||Duration – 2 Years Must be graduated from a recognized university Must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS||50,000|
|Graduate Diploma In Business||Duration – 1 Year Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12 Must have a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS||12,000|
|Graduate Certification in Business||Duration – 1 Year Eligibility - Formal qualification equal to Australian Year 12||12,500|
There are no specific dates for admissions in the courses in Wentworth Institute. The institute takes admissions during – spring, winter and fall sessions, having 3 Intake cycles over the year.
The details on these intake sessions are as follows-
|Last date to join during 1st semester/ the date of the orientation of new students for Spring Session||February 24, 2021|
|Last date to join during 2st semester/ the date of the orientation of new students for Fall Session||July 13, 2021|
|Last date to join courses during 3st semester/ the date of the orientation of new students for winter session||November 9, 2021|
- Orientation for new students in the 1st Academic Semester would begin from 24th February 2021
- Orientation for new students in 2the and Academic Semester would begin from 13th July 2021
- Orientation for new students in the 3rd Academic Semester would begin from 9th November 2021
Institute offers several UG, PG, and certification programs; the candidates can apply for a particular course on the institute's official website. The candidates can also enroll through an ‘agent’ affiliated with the institute in Australia or any other country.
Wentworth Institute has a rolling deadline for its students. Thus the candidates can apply for admissions almost throughout the year. However, for the exact date s of the enrollment in a particular session and the commencement of the next session, the candidate can contact the institute's agents or representatives through the contact methods available on the institute's website.
After ensuring that he/she meets all the eligibility criteria required for a particular course, the candidate can either apply online or through an agent. The eligibility criterion varies from course to course, and some courses (such as Master of Business) have additional requirements such as a minimum IELTS score.
Application fee - The application fees vary according to the course selected, and they can range from 100 AUD – 120 AUD.
International Candidates, India or otherwise, would be required to provide the following details during the application process –
- Proof of Identity issued from Government Authority
- Passport Details
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Australian class 12th equivalent certification (HSC certificate from ISC/ICSE and other boards in India)
- Documents related to financial stability
- A graduate degree from a recognized Institute for post-graduate programs
- Valid IELTS scorecard,
An international student must take the IELTS test before applying for admissions. The English proficiency of the candidate is judged by:
- 6.0 for undergraduate programs
- 6.5 for post-graduate programs
For students planning to study abroad, it is essential to know the net investment required to pursue their education. This investment includes not only the course fees but also the monthly expenses incurred while living there. Some of the investment costs are detailed below:
|Program||Total Course Fee (AUD)|
|Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting)||66,000|
|Master of Professional Accounting||50,000|
|Bachelor of Business||66,000|
|Bachelor of Interactive media||66,000|
|Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting||50,000|
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting||12,500|
|Master of Business||50,000|
|Graduate Diploma In Business||25,000|
|Graduate Certification in Business||12,500|
|Expenses||Cost (AUD per month)|
|Accommodations||9,000 – 12,000|
|Gas and Electricity||100 – 250|
Any further details about the cost associated with studying in Australia can be directly ascertained from the college authorities by contacting them.
All students studying in Wentworth institute have are eligible for FEE-HELP, an initiative by the Australian government to provide financial assistance to international students in Australia.
It is to particularly mention that Wentworth institute offers scholarships to domestic students only
Wentworth institute offers merit-based scholarships to domestic students only. However, the students can apply for scholarships from the Australian Government. Some of which are –
|Australian Awards||Asian, Pacific, Middle Eastern, and African Students studying in Australia||Tuition fees are covered Allowance for rent OSHC premium payout|
|Australian Government Research training program||Domestic or International Students pursuing Masters or Ph.D. in Australia||Tuition fees are covered Stipend payout for living expenses Allowances to cover travel co st and study material cost|
|Endeavor PG Scholarships awards||Domestic or International Students pursuing Masters Australia||Tuition fees are covered Stipend payout for living expenses Allowances to cover travel cost and study material cost Health Insurance|
To learn more about these scholarships, click HERE.
How to avail of this scholarship?
To avail of these scholarships, the student has to register on the website of the concerned depart and submit the relevant detail about his financial background, currently pursued education, and prior academic achievements.
The institute was established in 2010, the number of alumni of the institute is relatively low compared to other institutes in Sydney. However, the students of Wentworth Institute span all across the globe.
Facilities: Lower program fees, libraries, experienced teachers, and sophisticated labs, students from the Indian subcontinent, Middle East, Europe, South Asia, Africa, and many other countries come to study at the institute. Similarly, the institute's alumni are currently working in Australia and all over the globe. A student can reach out and get help from these alumni, especially in Australia.
The most paying degree of Wentworth institute is Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting) and Master of Business (Professional Accounting). Wentworth institute has an impressive placement record at about 70% (700 students are place per 1000 students in a batch) with rest of the students opting for further higher education in Australia. Wentworth alumina are working all over the world with New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore being the top cities employing Wentworth graduates.
The top-paying degrees at Wentworth institute are:
|Field||Starting Pascale (AUD/Year)|
|Business Management and Business activities||70,000|
Wentworth institute allows its students to work part-time while studying as long as the work doesn’t interfere with the schedule of the classes. There is no need to get an additional work visa for part-time work, a student having Australian Student Visa is permitted to work part-time by the Australian government. However, the student has to inform his faculty or department head about his part-time work and if he wants he can seek guidance from Wentworth Student Welfare Services regarding finding part-time work, security of payment, work hours and other matters.
Sydney, capital of New South Wales State offers several options for part-time work in Hotel Industry, fast food industry, Logistics, warehouses, Libraries and many other places. The minimum rate per hour is decent too about AUD 20 per hour. Overall work while you study is a good option for Australian Students.
Australia is becoming a populate center of study for foreign students due to the quality of education and the scope of placements and Wentworth Institute of Higher education confirms to those standards., not only the quality of education at the institute good but also the institute has a placement rate of about 70%. The institutes accepts students almost throughout the year and the rate of acceptance is fairly high at about 40-45% and its courses education are accredited by authorities such as – TEQSA, ESOS) Act, Chartered Accountants (CA) Australia and New Zealand and The CPA Association Australia . Overall, Wentworth institute is a good place to study
Ques. Is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) mandatory for a student to study at Wentworth Institute of Higher Education?
Ans. Yes. OHSC has been mandated for all the international students looking to study in Australia by the Australian Government. A student can avail of OSHC from any certified insurance cover provider in Australia. He just has to fill in an application form, submit the required documentation, and pay the fees. The candidate would be granted Health cover for his definite period of stay in Australia.
Ques. Does Wentworth Institute provide hostel/boarding facilitates for the students inside the campus?
Ans. No, Wentworth institute does not provide any accommodations for the students inside the campus and not outside the campus. However, some apartments are easily and readily available for rent around the campus. If requesting, the institute can help make arrangements for the students by guiding the student through the process.
Ques. What is the fee for Indian Students at Wentworth Institute?
Ans. The fee depends upon the course the student has registered for. The range starts from INR 75,000 (approx. 1250 AUD) for vocational courses to 30 lakhs (Approx. AUD 50000) for the masters.
Ques. What are the programs Wentworth Institute is known for?
Ans. Wentworth Institute is known for accountancy and media art programs, most famous of them are–
- Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Bachelor of Interactive Media
Ques. Can I apply for scholarships at the Wentworth Institute?
Ans. Wentworth Institute offers scholarships only to domestic students. However, international students can apply for various scholarships such as - Australian Awards, Australian Government Research training program.
And Endeavor PG Scholarships awards with the Australian Government.
Ques. Is Wentworth Institute better than the University of Sydney?
Ans. No, according to national Rankings and placement offers, the University of Sydney is better. However, admissions into the Wentworth institute are relatively more straightforward.
Ques. Does Wentworth Institute conduct any tests for admissions into its campus?
Ans. No. The institute admits students based on merit only. However, for international students scoring above 6.0 in IELTS Exam is necessary.
Ques. Is it hard to get into Wentworth Institute?
Ans. The chances of admissions at the Wentworth Institute are pretty high. The acceptance rate of the institute is about 40%. As long as the candidate fulfills all the edibility criteria for a course, there are high chances that he would be admitted.
Ques. Are other English proficiency tests, other than IELTS, such as TOEFL, accepted at Wentworth Institute?
Ans. Yes, such scores are accepted at Wentworth Institute but not consistently. There is no set minimum score required in such examinations in the institute's admission guidelines. The minimum score required in such examination is purely at the discretion of the institute's administration.
Ques. What are the monthly living expenses that occur while studying at Wentworth Institute?
Ans. Monthly expenses depend upon the lifestyle of the student. However, the minimum monthly expenses can be expected to fall in the range of AUD 10,000 – AUD 14,000 per month.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary