Bachelor of Information Technology [B.I.T]
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Standard academic entry to undergraduate degrees requires completion of secondary school comparable to Australian Year 12 or equivalent academic achievement.
- Specific prerequisites or requirements of the submission of portfolios, medical checks, or professional work experience.
- Students must clear the required cutoff of IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission into this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- An overall grade average of 65% in the best 4 academic subjects.
- CBSE: The student must have all India Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). A total of the best four externally examined subjects are considered.
- Indian School Certificate: The student must have an Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The required score is the average of the best four subjects, including English.
- Indian HSSC: The student must have an average of the best five academic subjects in the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal. The requirement is higher for other states.
- International students from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL or any equivalent test.
- Griffith University offers a Bachelor of Information Technology for a duration of 3 years (3 trimesters).
- Information Technology is a course-based program offered on a full-time and part-time basis.
- This program is offered in blended learning mode which ranges from fully online too, where access to specialized hardware is required, on-campus only.
- This major program consists of 240 credits of core units.
- This program will provide students with a core of IT technical knowledge and also allow a major in Information Systems or Networks and Security to be undertaken.
- The program is flexible enough for students to gain expertise in other areas, including those outside the IT domain.
- Through this program, students will gain knowledge and skills such as understanding the basics of computing technology, how to design and build web sites, computer programming, data management, software development, and human-computer interaction.
- This degree is suitable for students seeking a more generalist IT degree which will allow them to pursue a vocational career in IT with less complex abstract problem solving and programming requirements.
- The faculty-student ratio for this program is 1:14.
- Graduates are eligible to apply to join the Australian Computer Society as full members.
- Students must complete a 20 credit point Work Integrated Learning course in their third year and the Integrated Learning course can be taken as either an Industry Affiliates Program (IAP) or team-based Industry Project modes.
- Those Bachelor of Information Technology students graduating with the Networks and Security major will be ready to undertake industry network certification.
- The average salary goes up to 43,640 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 72960 for 3 yearsor 240 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 1 (Deadline - Jan 31)|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 2 (Deadline - June 3)|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 3 (Deadline - Sept 30)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Griffith University course student chooses.
|Trimester 1||Jan 31, 2021|
|Trimester 2||Jun 3, 2021|
|Trimester 3||Sep 30, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 14518|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #76 / 500
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|International Student Excellence Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Aug 7, 2021|
|Griffith Remarkable Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Apr 17, 2020|
|Griffith University Bachelor of Computer Science Program Scholarship||$ 1994||Yes||Jan 24, 2021|
|Griffith University Family Scholarship||$ 661||Yes||Jan 31, 2021|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|B.I.T||full time||1 year||honours, on-campus||$21000|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student VISA for study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for a Student VISA:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Australian students' visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- A student visa of Australia under subclass 500 allows the student to work for up to 40 hours every fortnight during the academic session.
- Students can work for unlimited hours during holidays or scheduled breaks with an Australian student visa.
- To ensure working while studying in Australia, a student must pursue a minimum 2-year degree course from an Australian university.
- The international students working in Australia have the same basic rights in their workplace as other Australian workers have.
- The student can start working while studying in Australia, once have started their course of study.
- Having a minimum lawful pay rate is mandatory.
- The minimum wages in Australia are generally calculated on an hourly or weekly basis.
- As per an announcement made by the FWC (Fair Work Commission), the national minimum wage for employees in Australia has been increases by 3.5%. The new pay rate has been set at 13.07 USD per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/Job opportunities after this program:
- Computer security
- IT support roles
- Software acquisition
- Software integration
- Software enhancement/maintenance and database support