Master (Civil Engineering)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree or bachelor's (Honours) degree with a GPA of 4.5 or higher in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Entry to the course is a competitive and academic achievement in the final 2-semesters of undergraduate study, or equivalent is considered.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS(6.5) or TOEFL(79) and GRE (304) to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Hold an Indian School Certificate or All India Senior School Certificate with 60% in English subject.
- Students with no formal education in English need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- Only graduates of civil engineering will be admitted to this program due to its focus on technical design. The program is, therefore, not suitable for other engineering graduates.
- If the student does not meet the academic entry criteria, the student may be able to study the Masters Qualifying Program (9354) and qualify for entry into this Master's degree.
- Griffith University offers a master’s in Civil Engineering for a duration of 2 years (2 trimesters).
- The Master of Civil Engineering is offered full-time, part-time, and on-campus at the Gold Coast.
- Griffith is ranked among the top 2% of universities worldwide. Their reputation for research and teaching excellence, along with strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
- This degree will give advanced study across the breadth of specializations in civil engineering.
- It is designed to extend and deepen the knowledge and skills gained from an undergraduate degree in civil engineering.
- It is ideal for professional civil engineers who aspire to develop their design skills and advance their capabilities to analyze and solve structural problems across a wide range of real-world civil engineering applications.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:14.
- To be eligible for the award of Master of Civil Engineering, a student must acquire 120 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for List A courses (Construction Project Management, Transportation Engineering, and etc)
- gain 80 credit points for List B courses (Advanced Topics in Engineering Management, Advanced Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete, and etc )
- The Student could be eligible for different scholarships based on their academic background.
- The indicative annual tuition fee is calculated based on a standard full-time study load which is usually 80 credit points (two full-time trimesters).
- The average salary goes up to 54,510 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 42750 for 1.5 yearsor 120 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 1 (Deadline - Jan 31)|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 2 (Deadline - June 3)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Griffith University course student chooses.
|Trimester 1||Jan 31, 2021|
|Trimester 2||Jun 3, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 14518|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #151 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Griffith University Family Scholarship||$ 661||Yes||Jan 31, 2021|
|International Student Excellence Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Aug 7, 2021|
|Griffith Remarkable Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Apr 17, 2020|
|International Student Postgraduate Scholarship- South Asia||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|Master Civil Engineering Advanced||full time||2 years||on-campus||$24400|
|Master Civil Engineering + Engineering Project Management||full time||2 years||on-campus, dual_degree||$24400|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student VISA for study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a Student’s relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for a Student VISA:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Australian students' visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- A student visa of Australia under subclass 500 allows the student to work for up to 40 hours every fortnight during the academic session.
- Students can work for unlimited hours during holidays or scheduled breaks with an Australian student visa.
- To ensure working while studying in Australia, a student must pursue a minimum 2-year degree course from an Australian university.
- The international students working in Australia have the same basic rights in their workplace as other Australian workers have.
- The student can start working while studying in Australia, once they start their course of study.
- Having a minimum lawful pay rate is mandatory.
- The minimum wages in Australia are generally calculated on an hourly or weekly basis.
- As per an announcement made by the FWC (Fair Work Commission), the national minimum wage for employees in Australia has been increases by 3.5%. The new pay rate has been set at 13.07 USD per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/Job opportunities after Master in Civil Engineering:
- Senior roles in the building, construction, infrastructure, and mining industries
- Structural analysis and design services to engineering projects such as roads, bridges, tunnels, water distribution networks, and high-rise buildings