Master of Architecture [M.Arch]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree or bachelor's (Honours) degree with a GPA of 5.0 (using a 7.0 point scale) or higher in Architecture.
- Graduates from the Griffith Bachelor of Architectural Design or Bachelor of Environmental Design (Architecture) who have a GPA of less than 5.0 but no less than 4.5 across the second and third years of study will be considered for entry to the Master of Architecture on the basis of demonstrated achievement in the core second and third-year architecture discipline courses.
- Entry to the course is a competitive and academic achievement in the final 2-semesters of undergraduate study, or equivalent is considered.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS(6.5) or TOEFL(79) to get admission to this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- An overall grade average of 65% in the best 4 academic subjects.
- CBSE: The student must have all India Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). A total of the best four externally examined subjects are considered.
- Indian School Certificate: The student must have an Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The required score is the average of the best four subjects, including English.
- Indian HSSC: The student must have an average of the best five academic subjects in the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal. The requirement is higher for other states.
- International students from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL or any equivalent test.
- Griffith University offers a master’s in Architecture for a duration of 2 years (2 trimesters).
- Architecture is a course-based program offered on a full-time basis.
- The Master of Architecture is offered through classroom teaching at the Gold Coast campus.
- Griffith is ranked among the top 2% of universities worldwide. Their reputation for research and teaching excellence, along with strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
- Students will receive a rounded professional architectural education with strength in design-research and choose to focus on sustainable design, urban design, history/theory, or design practice.
- The research-based approach to architectural design in this degree will help students develop the capacity to pose original questions and to investigate, analyze, and appraise current information and understandings.
- The Master of Architecture is recognized by the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia, the Board of Architects of Queensland, the Australian Institute of Architects, and the Commonwealth Association of Architects.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:14.
- The Student could be eligible for different scholarships based on their academic background.
- The indicative annual tuition fee is calculated based on a standard full-time study load which is usually 80 credit points (two full-time trimesters).
- The average salary goes up to 54,510 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 51680 for 2 yearsor 160 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 1 (Deadline - Jan 31)|
|Admission Intake||Trimester 2 (Deadline - June 3)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Griffith University course student chooses.
|Trimester 1||Jan 31, 2021|
|Trimester 2||Jun 3, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 14518|
QS World University 2019
Ranked #101 / 200
Architecture [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Griffith University Family Scholarship||$ 661||Yes||Jan 31, 2021|
|International Student Excellence Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Aug 7, 2021|
|Griffith Remarkable Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Apr 17, 2020|
|International Student Postgraduate Scholarship- South Asia||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student VISA for study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for a Student VISA:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Australian students' visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- A student visa of Australia under subclass 500 allows the student to work for up to 40 hours every fortnight during the academic session.
- Students can work for unlimited hours during holidays or scheduled breaks with an Australian student visa.
- To ensure working while studying in Australia, a student must pursue a minimum 2-year degree course from an Australian university.
- The international students working in Australia have the same basic rights in their workplace as other Australian workers have.
- The student can start working while studying in Australia, once have started their course of study.
- Having a minimum lawful pay rate is mandatory.
- The minimum wages in Australia are generally calculated on an hourly or weekly basis.
- As per an announcement made by the FWC (Fair Work Commission), the national minimum wage for employees in Australia has been increases by 3.5%. The new pay rate has been set at 13.07 USD per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/Job opportunities after Master of Architecture:
- Art Director
- Technical Illustrator
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Building Contractor
- Interior Designer
- Building Researcher
- Landscape Architect