Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] (Civil Engineering)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English and either Mathematics A or Mathematics B.
- The University of Queensland offers a BEng in Civil Engineering for a duration of 4 years.
- It is an on-campus, honours program offered on a full-time basis.
- In this program, civil engineers can apply their theoretical knowledge to produce efficient and economic facilities that are aesthetically pleasing and satisfy society's needs
- The major programs of Bachelor of Engineering are:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Software Engineering
- The program consists of a total number of 64-course units to complete in order to undergraduate.
- In this major, students can study in areas including structural engineering, hydraulic engineering, transportation engineering, geomechanics, hydrology, construction, coastal engineering, and economics.
- Students must have an aptitude for mathematics and physics and a desire to meet environmental, technological challenges.
- They must enjoy learning facilities that provide technologically rich, flexible, and comfortable social learning spaces.
- It is recommended that international students entering in 3rd year of the Civil Engineering program with 2 years of credit should commence in Semester 1.
- Career paths lead to employment in private industry, commonwealth, state, and local government, consulting engineering firms, construction companies, mining companies, and research establishments.
- International students can also apply for different types of scholarships presented by the university such as Australia Awards Scholarships, EAIT International Award - Year 12, Royal Thai Government Scholarships, etc.
- UQ ranks 1st in Queensland for civil and structural engineering and ranks 26th in the world for civil and structural engineering according to QS World University Rankings 2020.
- The department has highly experienced academic staff who are leaders in their fields and the student can access the latest knowledge and some of the most innovative thinkers in the industry.
- Job opportunities after the BEng Civil Engineering are Civil Engineer, Project Engineer, etc and the average salary goes up to 42,000 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||138968 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Nov 30)|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - May 31)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill an online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of the student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|Semester1||Nov 30, 2021|
|Semester2||May 31, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #88 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UQ India Global Leaders Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|UQ Economics India Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Nov 30, 2020|
|Science International Scholarship- University of Queensland||$2305||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
|Australia Awards Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities for students are:
- Civil engineer
- Site engineer
- Civil design engineer
- Project engineer
- Transport engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Planning engineer