Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] (Mechanical Engineering)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English and either Mathematics A or Mathematics B.
- The University of Queensland offers a BEng in Mechanical Engineering for a duration of 4 years.
- It is an on-campus, honours program offered on a full-time basis.
- Mechanical engineers have a strong understanding of fundamental engineering science and mathematics and use this to design and maintain a wide range of machines and engineering systems.
- The BEng (Honours) provides students with options to study Mechanical Engineering in 4 different majors:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- The program consists of a total number of 64-course units to complete in order to graduate.
- The flexible curriculum equips students to work in both established and newly emerging areas of engineering and required completion of 450 hrs of Engineering Professional Practice.
- Graduates may be eligible for membership with the following professional bodies:
- Australian Computer Society
- Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Engineers Australia
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Students develop their understanding by applying science and engineering principles to engineering problems of commercial importance.
- In addition to technical expertise, the program emphasizes essential workplace skills such as communication, teamwork, project management, problem-solving and lifelong learning.
- The UQ engineering degree is widely accredited and respected and this degree equips students to work both in Australia and overseas.
- The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) is accredited by Engineers Australia and Mechanical Engineering at UQ conducts research in a number of areas including:
- Combustion and Multiscale Modelling
- Geothermal Energy
- Hypersonics and Machining
- Nanomechanics and Nanomanufacturing
- Non-destructive testing and evaluation
- The school of Mechanical is one of the leading providers of engineering research in Australia.
- It also provides world-class facilities to students with unparalleled opportunities to further their knowledge, skills, and expertise in all facets of their fields.
- The school is internationally known for its high levels of industry collaboration, research quality and output, and commercialization of discoveries.
- Job opportunities after the BEng Mechanical Engineering are Acoustic consultants, Clinical technologists, etc and the average salary goes up to 42,000 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||129520 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Nov 30)|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - May 31)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill an online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of the student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|Semester1||Nov 30, 2021|
|Semester2||May 31, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #76 / 400
Mechanical Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UQ India Global Leaders Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|UQ Economics India Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Nov 30, 2020|
|Science International Scholarship- University of Queensland||$2305||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
|UNDA International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities are:
- Acoustic consultant
- Clinical technologist
- Corporate investment banker
- Land-based engineer
- Mining engineer
- Patent attorney
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
While surfing the net I saw an advertisement of University of Queensland. It contained many options for various courses. Then I started to search for the professional course provided by the various colleges and after a thorough research, I found many good thing about the university including it's amazing placement records. Then I went to take admission through the online portal and along with that, I had to pay around $100.
Course Curriculum :
The program is offering us the largest choice of engineering programs with a large number of distinct majors, double majors and minors. We have a flexible curriculum that equips us to work in both established and newly emerging areas of engineering. We develop our understanding by applying science and engineering principles to engineering problems of commercial importance.