Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] (Software Engineering)
International Student Tution
- The University of Queensland offers a BEng in Software Engineering for a duration of 4 years.
- It is an on-campus, honours program offered on a full-time basis.
- Software Engineering is the systematic approach to the development, operation, maintenance, and retirement of software, and is also used to control elements of computer-based systems.
- The program consists of a total number of 64-course units to complete in order to graduate.
- It deals with the challenges associated with large-scale, high-quality software: size and complexity, cooperation between developers, clients and users, and the evolution of software over time to maintain its value.
- Software Engineering program consists of:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Design and Management
- Psychology and Sociology
- Engineering and other disciplines to design and manage large software systems.
- The flexible curriculum of the engineering program equips students to work in both established and newly emerging areas of engineering.
- Students get the opportunities to work in large multinational companies, state and federal government departments, and agencies, and in many small, specialized and emerging companies.
- Graduates may be eligible for membership with the Engineers Australia professional bodies.
- The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) is accredited by Engineers Australia.
- International students are eligible to apply for a number of scholarships and prizes which are offered by the University, the Australian Government, foreign governments, or private organizations.
- The school is internationally known for its high levels of industry collaboration, research quality and output, and commercialization of discoveries.
- The department provides world-class facilities to students with unparalleled opportunities to further their knowledge, skills, and expertise in all facets of their fields.
- Job opportunities after the BEng Software Engineering are Web Designer, Application Analyst, etc and the average salary goes up to 47,000.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 129520 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Nov 30)|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - Apr 30)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English and either Mathematics A or Mathematics B.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill an online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of the student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|Semester1||Nov 30, 2021|
|Semester2||Apr 30, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing (On-Campus)||$ 21360|
|Housing (Off-Campus)||$ 14568|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #88 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UQ India Global Leaders Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|UQ Economics India Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Nov 30, 2020|
|Science International Scholarship- University of Queensland||$ 2305||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
|Australia Awards Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
Career opportunities are:
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst
- Web Designer
- Application Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Games Developer
- Information Systems Manager
This university had a good Mou partnership signed with our transfer program university in india. Also it provided me with a scholarship.
Course Curriculum :
There are lot of practicals and projects involved in their curriculum which is the best for what I think personally
University of Queensland is ranked 46th in the world by QS World University Rankings 2021. Located in Brisbane, UQ packs an amazing student community and is one of the member university in the Group of Eight, Australia.UQ has around 16,000 international students from over 134 countries. Being able to learn in such a culturally rich and diverse environment would help me achieve my full potential
Course Curriculum :
The course syllabus is relevant and up to date. Industrial seminars are conducted weekly. Industrial seminars are conducted by professional engineers and they speak about the engineering aspects of their job.
I had to do something related to computer science as I had pretty good background. I then thought of becoming a Software developer at the industry leading firms which is why i chose Software Engineering.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum is pretty good to get all the relevant and in depth knowledge of a particular subject.
It is a G8 university in Australia and is highly ranked on software engineering course. Also the culture of Australia is something that a person would like to explore. Job opportunities in Australia are really good and there is a huge demand of software and data science engineers in Australia.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is diverse and offers a wide variety of subjects to choose from. The lectures and lab are very useful and are designed in a way that prepares us to face any challenges in the software industry.