Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Students must hold a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
Students without related academic experience or work experience are also encouraged to apply, given they fulfil other additional requirements such as an interview, aptitude test, referee reports, or professional registration.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year honours bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- Students must hold a GPA of 4 (60%) on a 7 point scale.
Submission of GRE scores is required for this program, the recommended GRE score to get into the program is 300+.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities are:
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Software Programmer
- Game Developer
- Application Developer
- Software Marketer
- Technical Architect