Master of Engineering [M.Eng]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must complete a degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor's degree in Engineering in the relevant field of study for which they wish to enrol or related discipline from a recognized university.
- The related disciplines include Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering fields.
- GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7 point scale is required to be eligible for this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year bachelor's degree from a recognized institution.
- Students must hold a GPA of 4.0 (60%) on a 7 point scale.
Submission of GRE scores is required for this program, the recommended GRE score is 300+ for a better chance of admission.
- The University of Queensland offers a Master of Engineering for a duration of 2 years.
- It is an on-campus, course-based program offered on a full-time basis.
- MEng is designed to develop student's expertise through advanced courses and specialized electives.
- The program is a pathway to becoming an accredited engineer and opens doors to an array of industries, from consulting firms to forensic investigation companies, or working in areas such as chemical, civil, electrical, etc.
- University can also do specialization in some other fields such as:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Software Engineering or Urban Water Engineering.
- The program consists of a total number of 32-course units to complete in order to graduate.
- Students build their engineering knowledge through practice-focused and technical courses that will prepare them to undertake challenging engineering projects in the 21st century.
- In this program, students will develop the ability to understand, manage, and deliver complex professional projects within their chosen engineering discipline.
- The engineering academics also scored an above world standard rating in the 2018 ERA Outcomes, which means the research is internationally significant.
- The university also regularly hosts workshops for students to network with industry and employers.
- Scholarships are available to international students interested in the MEng, including postgraduate coursework scholarships offered by the University, the Australian Government, foreign governments, or private organizations.
- Because the program has a strong emphasis on research and research skills, other students choose to work in research or advisory positions or choose to enrol in a PhD program.
- The University of Queensland maintains a strong engagement program with organizations including Boeing, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Google, Energex, and Rio Tinto.
- The Faculty of Engineering, Architecture, and Information Technology has pioneered the development of the Idea Hub –a startup pre-incubator for aspiring student entrepreneurs.
- Job opportunities after the Master of Engineering are Senior Systems Engineer, Software Developer, etc and the average salary goes up to 46,920 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||69484 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Nov 30)|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - May 31)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill an online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of the student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|Semester1||Nov 30, 2021|
|Semester2||May 31, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #88 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UQ India Global Leaders Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|UQ Economics India Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Nov 30, 2020|
|HASS Scholarship for Excellence - India||$7603||Yes||Sep 30, 2021|
|Science International Scholarship- University of Queensland||$2305||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities after MEng are:
- Doing higher studies in Engineering (MTech/MS)
- Doing MBA
- Preparing for Civil Services
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Software Developer
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Processing Engineering Manager
- Senior Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Process Engineer
- Construction Project Manager