Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] (Mechanical Engineering)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students need to complete Australian Year 12 (VCE, HSC, QCE, WACE, SACE, TCE, NTCE, ACT) with a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 70 or equivalent to be eligible for this program.
Students must hold a scaled mark of at least 50 in English, Literature, or English as an Additional Language or Dialect.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- Students must have All India Senior School Certificates awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education with an average of 70%.
- Students must hold a Higher Secondary Certificate (HCS) with an average of 71%.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test to get admission into this program.
- Curtin University offers BEng Mechanical Engineering for a duration of 4 years.
- It is an on-campus, honours degree program offered on a full-time basis.
- It is also one of the broadest engineering disciplines that are recognized worldwide and provide students with versatile skills for numerous career options.
- The major scope of Mechanical Engineering are:
- System Conception
- These systems include micromechanical devices, power-generating turbines, thermal power generation, and air and transport systems.
- This course is oriented to provide skills development opportunities with hands-on experience.
- Students will learn how to apply their knowledge and skills to devise and/or develop solutions for a range of engaging and challenging industry problems.
- In particular, students can apply their multidisciplinary problem-solving skills across a spectrum of science and engineering endeavors that extend through to biomedical engineering.
- In the final year, students will undertake an individual design or research project.
- This program has a well-maintained balance between theoretical skills and practical experience, with up-to-date facilities for demonstrating concepts and their applications.
- The department provides an enthusiastic and caring teaching staff with international academic experience and industry exposure.
- Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities in the Academic Ranking of World Universities in 2019.
- Job opportunities after BEng Mechanical Engineering are Aerospace Engineers, CAD technicians, etc and the average salary goes up to 59,892 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 99636 for 4 yearsor 600 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - July 23)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Grading system: It is a system that is used to assess the educational performance of a student which is entirely based upon points and grades.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Evidence of work and life experience: If students are applying for advanced standing based on their work and life experience should complete the form titled Supplement for Credit Transfer based on relevant Prior Professional and include the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Position description
- Employment confirmation
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|fall||Jul 23, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #151 / 400
Mechanical Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Australia Awards Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|UNDA International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for Student Visa:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to study and work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying. This can be an option to earn extra spending money and get a taste of the local culture. Here are a few things to remember:
- An international student obtains Student Visa to study and work in Australia.
- The student visa allows students to work part-time for up to 40 hours per fortnight when their course is in session and unlimited hours during semester breaks.
- Student visa holders have the opportunity to work full-time during the holidays.
- They may get paid more on weekends, night shifts, and public holidays.
- If students are a postgraduate research sector student visa holder and are studying a higher degree by research, then there is no limit on the number of hours they can work.
- The wage depends on the type of work and age (Minimum wage is $18.93/hour).
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities for students are:
- Aerospace engineer.
- Automotive engineer.
- CAD technician.
- Maintenance engineer.
- Mechanical engineer.
- Nuclear engineer.
- Contracting civil engineer.
- Control and instrumentation engineer.
I wanted to pursue my bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and I did my research for the best university for the course and Curtin University came out to be at top of my list, so I decided to do bachelor's from here. Apart from this university, I applied for four other universities. I applied here through the online admission portal and paid no application fee of the process.
Course Curriculum :
Within the program, I'm learning how to apply my knowledge and skills to devise and develop solutions for a range of engaging and challenging industry problems. The course is oriented to provide skills development opportunities with hands-on experience. Also, the program has a well-maintained balance between theoretical skills and practical experience, with up-to-date facilities for demonstrating concepts and our applications.