Master of Science [M.Sc] (Industrial Engineering)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in science or 1-year full-time with honours or a postgraduate diploma from a recognized University.
- Students need to complete Australian Year 12 (VCE, HSC, QCE, WACE, SACE, TCE, NTCE, ACT) with a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 70 or equivalent to be eligible for this program.
Students must hold a scaled mark of at least 50 in English, Literature, or English as an Additional Language or Dialect.
Work Experience Eligibility:
students who have worked on major industrial engineering research projects are also encouraged to apply.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a UG degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Also, students must hold All India Senior School Certificates awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education with an average of 65% in four subjects, one of which must be English (with 65% or better) or separate English competence.
- Or, completed an Indian School Certificate (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations) with an average of 65% in five subjects, one of which must be English (with 65% or better) or separate evidence of English competence.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test to get admission into this program.
- Curtin University offers MSc in Industrial Engineering for a duration of 2 years.
- This program is an on-campus offered on a full-time basis.
- Industrial engineering is an interdisciplinary field, requiring knowledge in mathematics, physics, engineering, and even social sciences, such as psychology.
- Students study Industrial Engineering program mainly to:
- Gain the skills to use their mathematical training to increase productivity and improve quality.
- Take advantage of the strong demand for professionals with higher degree qualifications in this vibrant field.
- Industrial engineers develop, design, and refine systems and processes focused on improving quality and productivity.
- This course provides students with a combination of technical depth and business fundamentals.
- In this course, students will be involved in major industrial engineering research projects where they will be able to apply their acquired skills to help meet the challenges and opportunities that exist in the real world.
- Students have to choose the intensive periods of course study or project work over the summer or vacation periods.
- They will study systems for total quality management and learn how to apply models to large-scale industrial problems.
- Curtin University ranks in the top 1% of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
- Job opportunities after MSc Industrial Engineering are Architectural and Engineering Managers, Health and Safety Engineers, etc and the average salary goes up to 86,061 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 44436 for 2 yearsor 400 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - July 23)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Grading system: It is a system that is used to assess the educational performance of a student which is entirely based upon points and grades.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Evidence of work and life experience: If students are applying for advanced standing based on their work and life experience should complete the form titled Supplement for Credit Transfer based on relevant Prior Professional and include the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Position description
- Employment confirmation
- Employment confirmation: A signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from student employer or organization confirming the dates and type of student employment.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|fall||Jul 23, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #151 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for Student Visa:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to study and work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying. This can be an option to earn extra spending money and get a taste of the local culture. Here are a few things to remember:
- An international student obtains Student Visa to study and work in Australia.
- The student visa allows students to work part-time for up to 40 hours per fortnight when their course is in session and unlimited hours during semester breaks.
- Student visa holders have the opportunity to work full-time during the holidays.
- They may get paid more on weekends, night shifts, and public holidays.
- If students are a postgraduate research sector student visa holder and are studying a higher degree by research, then there is no limit on the number of hours they can work.
- The wage depends on the type of work and age (Minimum wage is $18.93/hour).
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities for students are:
- Architectural and Engineering Managers.
- Health and Safety Engineers.
- Industrial Engineering Technicians.
- Industrial Production Managers.
- Management Analysts.
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists and Technicians.