International Student Tution
- The University of Sydney Business School offers a BCom in International Business (Major) degree for a duration of 3 years (6 terms).
- It is a full-time program offered at the campus.
- This International Business is designed to help expand students' skills to meet the growing demands of a globalized business world.
- Through this program, students will understand how multinational and transnational industry works, students will also learn essential tools for cross-cultural communication as well as business strategies to succeed in a multinational business environment.
- In this program, there is also the opportunity to focus on entrepreneurship skills in an international business context.
- The International Business major requires a student to complete 48 credit points in units of study, as follows:
- two 1000-level core units of study (12 credit points):
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Global Business
- two 2000-level core units of study (12 credit points):
- International Business Strategy
- International Risk Management
- one 2000-level elective unit of study (6 credit points) selected from the following:
- Chinese Economy and Business
- Commercial Practice in China
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Intellectual Property for Business
- two 3000-level core units of study (12 credit points):
- International Business Alliances
- International Business in Practice
- one 3000-level selective unit of study (6 credit points) selected from the following:
- Business Negotiations
- Ethical International Business Decisions
- International Business Special Project
- International Human Resource Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Strategy and Emerging Markets
- Students also have the option of completing a minor in this subject area.
- The Faculty-student ratio for this program is 1:14.
- The average salary goes up to 43,640 USD after completing this program.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- A secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents), or approved higher education study, including approved preparation courses.
- In this program, admission is also based on the total score for the completed diploma.
- Students must clear the required cutoff of IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission into this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- CBSE: The student must have all India Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). A total of the best four externally examined subjects are considered.
- Indian School Certificate: The student must have an Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The required score is the average of the best four subjects, including English.
- Indian HSSC: The student must have an average of the best five academic subjects in the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal. The requirement is higher for other states.
- International students from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL any equivalent test.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which University of Sydney course student chooses.
96 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living expenses||$ 14,518|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #76/ 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Sydney scholars India Scholarship Program 2020|| Variable || Yes || 31 May, 2020 |
|Sydney Business School Continuing UG Merit Scholarship|| $3,981 || Yes || N/A |
|Sydney Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 12 Jun, 2020 |
|Sydney Business School’s International Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|Destination Australia Scholarship|| $11,070 || Yes || 07 Jul, 2021 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|Australia Awards Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student VISA for study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for a Student VISA:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Australian students' visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- A student visa of Australia under subclass 500 allows the student to work for up to 40 hours every fortnight during the academic session.
- Students can work for unlimited hours during holidays or scheduled breaks with an Australian student visa.
- To ensure working while studying in Australia, a student must pursue a minimum 2-year degree course from an Australian university.
- The international students working in Australia have the same basic rights in their workplace as other Australian workers have.
- The student can start working while studying in Australia, once have started their course of study.
- Having a minimum lawful pay rate is mandatory.
- The minimum wages in Australia are generally calculated on an hourly or weekly basis.
- As per an announcement made by the FWC (Fair Work Commission), the national minimum wage for employees in Australia has been increases by 3.5%. The new pay rate has been set at 13.07 USD per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/Job opportunities after this program:
- International business consulting
- Import/export management
- International human resource management
- Global marketing management
- Consultant in government and non-government organizations