Master of International Business [M.I.B]
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have an Australian bachelor’s degree or bachelor's (Honours) degree with a credit average (65%) or with a GPA of 4.5 or higher in business a recognized institution.
- Entry to the course is competitive and academic achievement in the final 2-semesters of undergraduate study, or equivalent is considered.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS(6.5) or TOEFL(79) and GMAT(630) to get admission in this program.
- This course has a mandatory three years of professional work experience that must be completed as part of the award requirements for the degree.
?Indian Student Eligibility:
- An overall grade average of 65% in the best 4 academic subjects.
- CBSE: The student must have all India Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). A total of the best four externally examined subjects are considered.
- Indian School Certificate: The student must have an Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The required score is the average of the best four subjects, including English.
- Indian HSSC: The student must have an average of the best five academic subjects in the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal. The requirement is higher for other states.
- International students from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL or any equivalent test.
- The University of Sydney offers a master’s in International Business for a duration of 1 year (2 terms).
- International Business is a course-based program offered on a full-time basis.
- The Master of International Business is offered through classroom teaching.
- This major program consists of 60 credits of core units.
- The University is ranked first in Australia and fourth in the world for graduate employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020.
- This program focus on the need for effective and sustainable business growth on an international scale.
- Through this course, students will develop the skills and competencies necessary to devise and implement strategic decisions that facilitate sustainable, global corporate expansion.
- The faculty-student ratio for this program is 1:14.
- University offers the opportunity to engage in a real-life, mini-consulting project for a company’s current or prospective international operations either in Australia or overseas.
- The overseas consulting project provides an opportunity to participate in a two-week study tour to countries such as Brazil, India, or Vietnam to gain first-hand experience conducting business in these countries.
- The average salary goes up to 62,105 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||32485 for 1 yearor 60 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Term 1 (Deadline - Feb 11)|
|Admission Intake||Term 2 (Deadline - July 15)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Award certificates: A document that is presented as a form of recognition for participation or achievement.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which University of Sydney course student chooses.
|Term 1||Feb 11, 2021|
|Term 2||Jul 15, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #76 / 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Sydney Business School’s International Scholarships||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarship||$39344||Yes||N/A|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships 2020||Variable||Yes||Jan 12, 2020|
|Sydney Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Jun 12, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Offered By||Tution Fees|
|M.I.B||full time||1.5 years||on-campus||The University of Sydney Business School||$38250|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student VISA for study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- Students will need the following documentation when applying for a Student VISA:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Australian students' visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- A student visa of Australia under subclass 500 allows the student to work for up to 40 hours every fortnight during the academic session.
- Students can work for unlimited hours during holidays or scheduled breaks with an Australian student visa.
- To ensure working while studying in Australia, a student must pursue a minimum 2-year degree course from an Australian university.
- The international students working in Australia have the same basic rights in their workplace as other Australian workers have.
- The student can start working while studying in Australia, once have started their course of study.
- Having a minimum lawful pay rate is mandatory.
- The minimum wages in Australia are generally calculated on an hourly or weekly basis.
- As per an announcement made by the FWC (Fair Work Commission), the national minimum wage for employees in Australia has been increases by 3.5%. The new pay rate has been set at 13.07 USD per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/Job opportunities after this program:
- Export and import manager
- International strategy manager
- Government officer-Department of Foreign and Trade Affairs
- International management consultant
- International travel manager