Masters in Management in Canada is a two-year program designed for students who want to make a prominent mark in leadership roles. For getting admissions with Canadian universities offering masters in management, you will need a four-year bachelor’s degree with 80% or more score, IELTS scores (6.5 or more/equivalents accepted), and GMAT scores (waiver available). Documents like professional LORs play a crucial role in admission to masters in management in Canada.
The average tuition fee for Masters in Management in Canadian Universities is around 56,000 CAD annually. For Indian students, this estimates to 31 lakhs a year. These expenses can be limited with the help of scholarships available to study masters in Canada. As the costs involved are high, returns offered by the course are one of the major concerns. MiM graduates are employed with sectors like finance, supply chain management, consulting, accounting, public administration, etc, and make around 75,000 CAD (average annual package).
Top Universities for Masters in Management in Canada
Masters in Management in Canada is a popular course among international students because of its innovative specializations. This course doesn’t only offer standard management education but it also offers various management courses required across industries. Here is the list of specialization subjects for Masters in Management at universities in Canada:
|Name of University||National Ranking||Specialization||Course Duration|
|University of Toronto||1||Finance, Analytics||10 months|
|University of British Columbia||2||Strategic management, managerial accounting, operations, and logistics||9 months|
|McGill University||3||Analytics, Supply chain management||12 months|
|University of Manitoba||10||International finance, Accounting||12 months|
|University of Windsor||21||Human resource management, leadership, and organizational change, logistics and supply chain management, international financial management||16 months|
|University of Lethbridge||33||Accounting, International management, marketing, information systems, HRM and labor relations||24 months|
|HEC Montreal||61||Applied Financial Economics, Business Analytics, Finance, Financial Engineering, International business||16-24 months|
|Queen’s University||80||Artificial Intelligence, International Business, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship||12 months|
Why Study Masters in Management in Canada?
- Masters in Management in Canada is a course program focusing on specialized subjects like entrepreneurship, marketing analytics, operations management, etc.
- Unlike an MBA in Canada, the applicants do not need to have any previous work experience to enroll in this master's program in Canada.
- In comparison with MBA, Masters in Management in Canada has low tuition fees with a wide range of career opportunities post-study.
- In the past decade, it has been noticed that Masters in Management graduates across the world increased by 49%. Students chose to study in Canada for its multicultural lifestyle.
AdmissionsMasters in Management in Canada
Masters in Management in Canada is a much sought after program by many international students. The table below shows the requirements for admissions to universities in Canada offering Masters in Management program:
|University||Application Fees||GPA Required||GMAT Required|
|Odette School of Business||C$ 125||3.3||520|
|Sauder School of Business||C$ 162||3.5||620 (320+ on GRE)|
|University of Manitoba||C$ 100||3.0||550|
|University of Lethbridge||C$ 125||3.0||550 (310 on GRE)|
|Smith School of Business||C$ 125||3.3||640 with 85%|
|McGill University||C$ 118||3.5||650|
|Rotman School of Management||C$ 195||3.0||570 with 4 in analytics writing assessment|
|HEC Montreal||C$ 130||3.7||630 or more|
English Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students
International applicants from non-native English-speaking countries may be required to submit IELTS or TOEFL scorecard as an admission requirement. Standardized English language test scores can be submitted, however, most universities have a minimum score requirement for admissions. The details of the minimum score requirement is tabulated below:
|Odette School of Business, University of Windsor||7.0||100|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||7.0||100|
|University of Manitoba||6.5||100|
|University of Lethbridge||6.5||80|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||7.0||88|
Documents Required by International Students
For admission completion, all international students require a list of documents to be submitted. The document list includes:
- Online application and application fee: The applicant has to initiate an online application process by submitting a non-refundable fee to the university authority. At the end of the process, the applicant needs to save those application documents for future references.
- Transcripts: At the time of admission, the applicants need to submit the transcripts of the degree received in the last attended academic institutions.
- Letter of reference: A minimum of two letters of reference have to be submitted by those who have taught the applicant.
- English proficiency exam score: International students of non-English speaking countries have to submit English proficiency exam (IELTS, TOEFL etc.) scorecard.
- Standardized exams to study in Canada: For a Masters in Management, the applicants must write GMAT/GRE exam. Applicants need the required qualifying score by the time they fill out their applications.
- Criminal record check: The applicant needs to submit the documents without any criminal history. This should be attested by a higher authority.
- Statement of Interest: It is also known as a statement of purpose. The applicant has to submit the statement of intent to assert their need for the course and also how can they contribute to the course in an enriching manner.
Tuition Fees for Masters in Management in Canada
For an international student, tuition makes up for the majority of expenses when studying abroad. The tuition fees include books, library charge, and academic fees. Tabulated below are the total tuition fees for Masters in Management in Canada:
|University||Total Tuition Fees (in CAD)|
|Odette School of Business, University of Windsor||36000|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||46798|
|University of Manitoba||33,826.78|
|University of Lethbridge||26,087.61|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||14898|
|University of Toronto||63430|
*1CAD= INR 54.07
Cost of Living in Canada
Besides tuition fees, the international students will also have to think about accommodation, transport, meal plans, and other miscellaneous expenditure. Monthly cost of living in Canada for international students across different cities is given below:
|Particulars||Vancouver (in CAD)||Winnipeg (in CAD)||Lethbridge (in CAD)||Kingston (in CAD)||Montreal (in CAD)||Toronto (in CAD)|
|Total||2350 (approx. 2500)||1770 (approx. 2000)||1680 (approx. 1800)||1385 (approx. 1600)||1970 (approx. 2300)||2245 (approx. 2400)|
*1CAD= INR 54.07
Canadian Visa for Students
More than two lakh International students apply for the universities in Canada. Because of better academic culture and analytical skills, many International degree seekers prefer Canada for higher education. Getting a student visa to Canada is a crucial part and the applicants need to have a list of documents for a visa interview. An overview of the documents required is given below:
- Acceptance letter: Without the letter of acceptance, the applicant will not be able to apply for a student visa to Canada.
- Valid Passport: As per the Canadian High Commission, the validity of the passport must cover the course duration for which the applicant has opted for. Masters in Management from Canada has a course duration for 16 months. If a student is traveling in September 2020, then the passport should be valid till September 2022.
- Financial Proof: Canadian immigration requires proof of the financial ability of the applicant. The bank account should have the necessary funds required to sustain oneself for one year of stay in Canada along with travel cost for one side.
- Photograph Specifics: Photographs should be taken in front of a plain background with no facial expression. The image should be recent.
- Immigration Medical Examination: International students from India have to take a mandatory medical checkup from impaneled doctors of Canadian Immigration. The examination should be taken a week before the visa application/
- English Language Proficiency: The applicants should submit the English proficiency test scorecard to show confirmation in Canadian universities.
- Statement of Purpose: The applicant must submit an essay explaining the reason to choose Canada for educational destination and also for choosing the particular institution to study masters in Management in Canada.
To get their student visa to Canada international students will be required to appear for a student visa interview with the Canadian Embassy in respective home countries. Successfully completing the visa interview ensures a visa to Canada for higher studies.
Scholarships for Masters in Management in Canada
World-class education no doubt costs higher. Canadian universities, therefore, offer various financial aid to their performing students. A list of scholarships in Canada for international students is given below:
|Odette School of Business, University of Windsor||UWindsor scholarships||95% off in tuition fees|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||Asia Top Talent Scholarships||CAD 10000-CAD 35000|
|University of Manitoba||University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships||CAD 14000|
|University of Lethbridge||Derrick and Lytta Pereira Prize||CAD 1500|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||Principal’s International Scholarship India||CAD 19000|
|McGill University||Dr. Peter Briant Award for Entrepreneurship||Varies|
|University of Toronto||Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program||Full tuition and cost of living|
|HEC Montreal||Entrance scholarships||CAD 4000|
Job Prospects after Masters in Management in Canada
Canada is a land of opportunities for many international students. Some of the high paying jobs in Canada for international students are location-based. With a wide range of specializations available, multiple sectors of the industry can be chosen for pursuing a career.
Some of the top employers for management postgraduates are Amazon, HSBC, Accenture, Oliver Wyman, Deloitte, Numera Analytics, etc. Depending on the specialization opted, you can build a career as a business development manager, project manager, management consultant, etc.
Return on Investment for Masters in Management in Canada
Opting management courses for graduate degrees will bring high return on investment in job prospects.
|University||Average Salary Package (CAD)|
|Odette School of Business, University of Windsor||74000|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||84422|
|University of Manitoba||105036|
|University of Lethbridge||123,000|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||126043|
|University of Toronto||118165|
Masters in Management in Canada is a course program for less than 2 years for international students. The course has high on return because of its wide job perspectives. Masters in Management was first introduced in Europe, after its success it became a global phenomenon. Since for every student time is a stringent factor, Canadian universities offer a great return on an investment after a shorter period of time.
The image above depicts that most of the universities in Canada like McGill, Queen’s University, and the University of Manitoba give students a higher return on their investment. When compared with MBA, the graduates of Masters in Management are suitable for different managerial posts. The elective subjects are also designed for the course work to develop their managerial skills. Another important reason for the international students to opt for this degree is its lesser fee structure than MBA. In the long run, Masters in Management graduates will be earning a salary equal to that of MBA graduates.
Ques.What is Masters in Management?
Ans. Masters in Management is a graduate degree in business and related specialization. It is more of a theoretical program than MBA accepting both recent undergraduates or professionals. Masters in Management is a gateway for entry-level entry into business management jobs that require lesser experience.
Ques.What are the best Masters in Management program in Canada?
Ans. Some of the top masters in management programs in Canadian universities include HEC Montreal’s MSc in International Business, Western University’s MSc in Management, UBC and York’s Master of Management.
Ques.What is the eligibility to get admission to Masters in Management in Canada?
Ans. To be eligible for a Masters in Management in Canada, an applicant is required to have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or college. Unlike MBA, Masters in Management does not usually require any work experience. International students are also required to provide proof of English language proficiency through one of the standardized tests of TOEFL or IELTS.
Ques.Do Canadian universities require scores of GRE or GMAT for admissions to Masters in Management?
Ans. Yes. International students are required to provide scores of either GRE or GMAT. Each university has its own criteria or minimum requirements for these standardized exams to study in Canada.
Ques.What is the duration of Masters in Management in Canada?
Ans. The Masters in Management in Canada is a program with a duration of 9-24 months at universities in Canada.
Ques.What is the tuition fees for a Masters in Management in Canada?
Ans. The tuition fees for Masters in Management in Canada range from 14,000- 65,000 CAD for total program of study.
Ques.Are there scholarships available for international students pursuing Masters in Management in Canada?
Ans. Yes. There are a number of scholarships available for international students to study in Canada. These scholarships are awarded by the respective universities, Canadian government, respective home country government and several private agencies and organizations.
Ques.What are the job opportunities in Canada after Masters in Management?
Ans. Canada is a land of opportunities with a number of high paying jobs available after Masters in Management in Canada. Average annual salary of masters in management graduates ranges from 74,000- 150,000 CAD per year.