Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- University undergraduate degree with a minimum of 70% or (B) overall average.
- A minimum grade of 60% is required introductory courses and a 60% overall average in all courses required for the certificate.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Students completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.00 or 60% in the final years of the program.
- The Algoma University offers a Certificate in Business with a duration of 1 year.
- This course is offered on a full-time and part-time basis also.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- This program designed for students whose main interest is in acquiring basic knowledge and skills in business to enter or re-enter the workforce quickly.
- It is suitable for students who already hold another degree but desire some business skills to complement their work experience and previous education.
- All courses taken as part of the certificate in Business may be applied toward a Bachelor of Business Administration degree should the student meet the entrance requirements of that degree.
- Students enjoy small class sizes and a student-faculty ratio is 14:1.
- In this university, faculty members are well-experienced and provide students with ample knowledge.
- Students get opportunities for industrial visits and work as interns under professionals.
- Algoma University is in 74th position by UniRank out of selective 99 universities in Canada.
- It comprises of two satellite campuses, in Timmins and Brampton offering degrees in social work and community development, and BBA correspondingly.
- The average annual salary of University graduates is 48,159 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Certificate|
|Fees||15728 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
Applications are accepted throughout the year
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Meal Plan (Regular)||$2452|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work up to 15 hours per week, and a variety of jobs are posted each year on or near campus.
- Students can only work in one position at a time.
- The application process runs for one month however early applications are encouraged as jobs fill fast.
International students working off-campus:
- International students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a work permit under the Off-Campus Work Permit:
- Students must have a valid study permit.
- Students must have studied full-time at Algoma University for at least six months of the last 12 months before apply.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic standing (as defined by Algoma University), and
- Must be enrolled in an academic program of study (not including SPELL).
- Students who hold a valid OCWP are permitted to work off-campus for a maximum of 20 hours a week during study periods and 40 hours a week during non-study periods.