Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Business Analytics)
International Student Tution
- University of Calgary offers BCom in the Business Analytics program with a duration of 4 years.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- It consists of co-ops option, practicums, and internships.
- The major components of the Business Analytics program are:
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Business Skills
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Enterprise Analysis
- This program will help students to develop problem-solving skills and learn to think outside the box to find ways to reduce costs and improve the quality of a company’s goods and services.
- In this program, students have to complete formal presentations, group projects and various case studies during the course of the degree.
- University provides an option of internship, which students can take during their last year.
- Students are provided with opportunities to supplement their academic learning with co-op and study abroad which include cultural and academic experiences at destinations around the world.
- The Co-operative Education program allows students to combine learning in the classroom with real-world experience.
- Students learn to work in collaborative teamwork during working on their projects.
- In Co-operative work placement, students gain valuable full-time paid work experience that alternates with their academic studies.
- A degree in commerce can also be used as a stepping-stone to graduate studies or another professional degree such as law, medicine, veterinary medicine, or education.
- The Faculty of the department helps students to deepen the understanding of concepts and support in gaining practical experience.
- Placements/Job opportunities after the BCom Business Analytics are Management Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, etc.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 72544 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Candidate must present a minimum 65 percent in English or equivalent.
- Candidate must present a minimum 2.00 GPA in a transferrable post-secondary English course.
- Students should achieve a minimum of 2.00 cumulative GPA on the most recent 12 units from another post-secondary institution.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Transcript: A PDF copy of all post-secondary transcripts within the application or in Carleton Central.
- Two Letter of Reference: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Statement of Intent: Explain the reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Writing Sample: Students applying for a job, internship, may be asked to provide a writing sample that allows an employer or graduate program to judge student ability to convey a written message.
- Study proposal: Document proposing a research project, generally in the sciences or academia, and generally constitutes a request for sponsorship of that research.
- Statement of Purpose: An essay stating the purpose of applying to a particular course at a particular university.
|fall||Mar 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$1417||$1417||$1417||$1417|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #151 / 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Calgary Nathan Shair Memorial Bursary||$ 2143||Yes||Aug 1, 2020|
|Arthur J.E. Child Scholarship in Business||$ 1848||Yes||Mar 31, 2020|
|UCalgary International Entrance Scholarship||$ 10769||Yes||Dec 1, 2020|
|Calgary President's Admission Scholarship||$ 3452||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- The students need a study visa to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.
- A Study Visa is issued to students by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and authorizes an individual to study at a designated learning institution in Canada for the duration of the program of study.
- The Visa is usually valid for the length of the study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Students may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
- At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Letter of Acceptance from the University of Calgary
- Proof of Financial Support
Students with a valid Study Visa, enrolled full time are eligible to work on-campus and off-campus.
On-Campus: Students registered as full-time and have a valid Study Visa, may work on-campus
- There is no legal restriction on the number of hours to work on-campus, so long as the student remains a full-time student can work on-campus.
- Students may also work more than one job.
Off-Campus: Students are enrolled full-time, have a valid study permit, and are in a program that leads to a UCalgary degree that takes longer than 6 months to complete, they may be eligible to work off-campus.
- The graduate students can work 20 hours per week off-campus during regular academic sessions of Fall and Winter terms.
- The undergraduate students can work 20 hours per week off-campus full-time during scheduled breaks.
Work Permit: A work permit that allows international students to work full-time while still being enrolled full-time. Students may only use this work permit to work full-time during their co-op/practicum terms in a work.
Career and Placement after Course
Career opportunities are:
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Masters of Commerce (M.Com)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA in Finance)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- US Certified Public Accounting (CPA)