Bachelor of Arts [B.A] (Geography)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Following are the academic requirement of the program:
- Students must have to complete their graduation from BC secondary school or equivalent from another school system.
- Student required a GPA of at least 3.67 (A- grade) on the most recent 45 credits of study.
- Geography is the study of earth spaces and places. Geographers are concerned with the distribution and patterning of physical and human phenomena in earth space, including the nature and magnitude of human impact on natural environments.
- The geographic concepts of place and landscape provide a framework for understanding the role of culture in the evolution and development of urban and rural landscapes. Political, social, and economic processes, when examined from a spatial (geographic) and temporal.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||59736 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Aug 13)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Online application form: Students have to submit an online application form at the official website.
- All post-secondary transcripts: Students have to submit all official documents containing student’s grades. Thus, post-secondary transcripts refer to undergraduate, graduate, medical school, law school, or other higher education transcripts.
- Electronic Official transcripts: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended in PDF format.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of themselves, strengths, and any work experience and/or education that students have.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Aug 13, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Book and Supplies||$1125||$1125||$1125||$1125|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Food||$2340|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship||$1000||Yes||Sep 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
International students arriving in Canada to study for more than six months need two important immigration documents:
- A study permit – permission to study in Canada and it is a status document defining students as an International student
- Temporary resident visa to enter Canada. Depending on their citizenship, International students need either a
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- American (US) citizens or permanent residents
At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Application form and Study Plan
- Biometrics (fingerprints and photographs)
- Valid Passport
- Financial Evidence
International students who are enrolled in full time academic, vocational or professional trades programs at VIU, may be eligible to work on or off-campus. The wage rate begins at $14.60 per hour. Each position is allocated 50 hours per semester. Students may work only one Work-Op position per semester. The application deadline for Fall and Spring Work-ops is in June, and in April for the Summer semester. Students must have the following documents to work on or off-campus while studying:
- valid Study Permit with work authorization
- full-time enrollment at VIU (enrolled in 9 academic credits for undergraduate programs. For graduate programs full-time enrollment: set courses, research, thesis writing and etc.)
- a Social Insurance Number (SIN) before starting to work
- medical examination is required for certain occupations (eg. jobs at schools, childcare, eldercare, food industry and etc.)