Bachelor of Fine Arts [B.F.A] (Studio Arts)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- English Grade 12U final grade 70% or higher
- Grade 12 mathematics final grade should be 65% or higher
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must meet the minimum requirements in English and maths subjects up to 60%, after receiving an admission offer.
- Students will need to submit school results for Class XI showing a competitive average and course registration for Class XII, or Class XII mid-year results.
- Students in CBSE or CISCE schools, they present 75%+ on their final Class XII exams.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- If students don’t have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) but are 21 years of age or older, they may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
- B.F.A Studio Arts at Western University is offered as a full-time basis for a duration of 4-year with honours.
- Welcome to the BFA Program at the University of Western Ontario! Their Direct Entry into The BFA degree program has a number of exciting features that distinguish it from other programs.
- In the first year can expect small classes with hands-on instruction by dynamic professional artists with national and international exhibition profiles.
- The Student to ratio is 24:1.
- The Employment rate of Western University is 91%.
- Students can apply for scholarship programs initiated by the Government of Canada up to 40,664 USD per year.
- The living cost range in Canada is 4,500 USD – 10,800 per year.
- The average salary goes up to 48,500 USD after completing this program.
- Students have career opportunities to work as:
- Graphic Artist.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||102070 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|fall||Mar 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #176 / 501
Arts [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program students have job opportunities in:
- Graphic Artist.
When the thought of studying came into my mind, I searched for colleges and found three suitable colleges but it was in this college that my resume got selected and i proceeded further with the admission. The cost to apply for this college was $80. We have to apply through the official college portal.
Course Curriculum :
I love this field very much.My course was divided into 6 semesters. In it different topics of covered from the history of fine arts to 2D design and modelling.