Master of Science [M.Sc] (Psychology)
Offered by School of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Western University
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to complete a science bachelor’s honors degree in computer science or a highly related discipline.
- Or, bachelor's (4-year, honors degree) or equivalent from a recognized degree-granting institution.
- GPA of at least 3.0/4.33 (B grade) in the last 2 years of study is required to be eligible for this program.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Or, completed graduation in B.Sc.(H) Computer Science or B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences with Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Or, completed a B.Sc (General) degree from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- M.Sc Psychology at Western University is offered as a full-time basis for a duration of 2-year.
- Ranked 4th in Canada’s best universities by student satisfaction in Maclean’s Rankings 2020.
- Western's Department of Psychology is pleased to offer students graduate studies in many areas of psychology. The department has world-renowned faculty members, excellent support staff and facilities, all within a beautiful campus.
- Western is a leading research-focused university that has been rated as providing among the very best of student experiences in Canada.
- The M.Sc. and Ph.D. graduates of their program have gone on to achieve distinguished careers in a wide variety of academic, private sector, and government positions throughout the world.
- The Student to ratio is 24:1.
- The Employment rate of Western University is 91%.
- Students can apply for scholarship programs initiated by the Government of Canada up to 40,664 USD per year.
- The living cost range in Canada is 4,500 USD – 10,800 per year.
- The average salary goes up to 97,500 USD after completing this program.
- Students have career opportunities to work as:
- Social worker.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||21750 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Dec 5)|
|Offered By||School of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Western University|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|fall||Dec 5, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||$10847||Yes||N/A|
|Saryu Doshi Graduate Fellowships in Liberal Arts & Sciences||$4078||Yes||N/A|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program students have job opportunities in:
- Social worker.
- Educational psychologist.
- Human resource manager.