Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Computer Science)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at York University is offered as a 3-year teaching program.
- This course is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
- This Computer Science program is offered as BA and BSc degrees.
- In the BA program, students will complement studies with courses from the Liberal Arts (e.g., humanities, social sciences).
- In this BSc program, the complementary courses will be in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics).
- Students may also choose one of the three International Honours degrees – iBA, iBSc, or the Dual Specialized degree.
- In the iBA or iBSc degree, students will add a study abroad component to learning, with culture and language courses of exchange destination.
- The International Dual degree leads to two degrees, one from York and one from the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University in Germany while completion of the undergraduate thesis at the University of Crete in Greece!
- Some courses students will take
- Data Structures
- Software Design
- Database Systems
- Data Mining
- User Interfaces
- After the second year, the co-op program can provide students with valuable experience, giving students an early start with the career.
- Students have many job opportunities as follows:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmers,
- Video Game Programmers,
- Building E-Commerce Systems, etc., with an average salary of around 30,000 USD per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 75273 for 3 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||summer (Deadline - Feb 15)|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - June 15)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Oct 15)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must complete an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) degree.
- Students must have to complete the following course such as:
- English (ENG4U)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- 4U math (MCV4U recommended)
- And three additional 4U or M courses
- A minimum math average of 75% and no math grade below 65%
To gain admission to this program, a student’s academic average should be in the low-to-mid 80s.
Indian Student Eligibility
Indian students are eligible to apply if they have any one of the following certificates:
- All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSCE)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Indian School Certificate (ISC)
- Intermediate Examination Certificate
- Pre-University Examination Certificate
- Students must have a Grade XII chemistry or Grade XII physics.
- Students also hold Grade XII math (Minimum math result of 55%).
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|summer||Feb 15, 2021|
|fall||Jun 15, 2020|
|winter||Oct 15, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #201 / 500
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$ 2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|B.A Computer Science||full time||3 years||on-campus||$22405|
VISA & Work Study
- A Student VISA authorizes students to study in Canada legally.
- International students will receive their Study Permits in the form of a paper document which will usually be attached to the passport at the Canadian port of entry.
- Temporary Resident Visas (TRVs), commonly called Entry Visas, are to be obtained by foreign nationals who require visas to enter Canada, while Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) allows foreign nationals from visa-exempted countries to enter Canada without a visa.
- The student must have a valid study permit for the period of employment.
- He/She should meet the specific skills and experience requirements set by the sponsoring department.
- All students are permitted to accept one Work-Study position only per program period.
- Non-degree students (i.e. visiting students, students on a LOP) are not eligible for Work-Study.
- Students are not eligible to hold a work-study position in the same term in which they are holding an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (or equivalent).
- Hourly rates vary with the nature of the job, the scope of responsibilities and work experience.
- The salary range will be indicated on the job posting and/or students will be advised by the employer during the interview.
- Work/study students are paid by their hiring department through York's payroll system.
- Student Financial Services does not pay students and cannot make adjustments to pay.
Career and Placement after Course
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmers
- Video Game Programmers
- Building E-Commerce Systems
- Communication Networks
- Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming
I found this college online when I was searching for colleges in Canada, I was impressed by the reviews and infrastructure of the college and decided to go further with the application process by applying through the online portal and paying the application fee of $115. My GPA of 8.5 also helped me in getting into this university.
Course Curriculum :
Our program covers a wide variety of topics within Computer Science, including artificial intelligence, computer graphics, computer vision, human-centered computing, information systems, networks, the theory of computation, and virtual reality. Also, they offer internship opportunities for us and at the same time prepare us for a doctoral degree program.
I choose this university because it comes among the most valuable universities in Canada. Also, the university is highly reputed. These were the reasons why I opted for this university. I applied through the online application portal and also paid an application fee of around $110.
Course Curriculum :
In our program, the complementary courses are in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics). We also add a study abroad component to our learning, with culture and language courses of our exchange destination. After the second year, we also get the opportunity of a co-op program that provides us with valuable experience, giving us an early start with our career. As part of the curriculm, we study Data Structures, Software Design, Database Systems, Data Mining, and User Interfaces.
I picked this University because I had a friend from my home town who was attending the university doing the same degree. He referred me to the university and told me the program and professors were good. I picked the program because of the job prospects after graduation.
Course Curriculum :
I wanted to study in Ontario, and York University is one of the best schools present, it has a great engineering department and the campus is culturally diverse.
Course Curriculum :
Its hard at first, so we need to keep up with the syllabus .