Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Algonquin College offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a duration of 4 years (8 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- It seeks to prepare the next generation of nurses to offer quality nursing care and to assume leadership within the healthcare system.
- In this program, students experience classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning in a wide variety of settings.
- After completing this, key program outcomes include developing critical thinking and communication skills, as a student to become a professional nurse who solves problems as part of healthcare teams.
- Students may choose to study at either the University of Ottawa, Algonquin (Ottawa campus), or Algonquin (Pembroke campus).
- Graduates students are then eligible to write the NCLEX to become a Registered Nurse in Canada.
- This program is well-suited for students who:
- enjoy the challenges of working with people of all ages, developmental stages, and diverse backgrounds.
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- like working with others as a member of a team or in a leadership role.
- have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- are able to handle physically demanding situations.
- Starting placement salary is dependent on during the hiring process.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 42879 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- A minimum of six Grade 12 (4U - University) or (4M - University/College) courses from the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and a minimum overall average of 70% is required or equivalent.
- A minimum average of 65% is required in both the Chemistry and Biology prerequisite courses.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum four major subjects in 12th Grade, including English with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
- Students are required to submit documentation of an entry immunization record, police records check including vulnerable sector, and Level C CPR.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
- Certificates: One of the following certificates with a minimum grade of 65 or above in required program subjects:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- The Senior School Certificate
- The Pre-University Examination Certificate
- The Intermediate Examination Certificate
|fall||Feb 1, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Semesters||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6||Semester 7||Semester 8|
|International Student Premium||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 13095|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$ 2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Offered By||Tution Fees|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]||full time||4 years||on-campus||Algonquin College (Pembroke)||$2334|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students are allowed to work a maximum of 24 hours per week during the academic year.
- Students are allowed to work 35 hours per week during the summer period.
Career and Placement after Course
Student Career after this course is:
- Head Nurses and SupervisorsNurses (RNs)
- Hospitals, rehabilitation centers
- Public health departments
- Community agencies and etc