Master of Science [M.Sc] (Chemistry and Biochemistry)
Offered by Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Windsor
International Student Tution
- The MSc in Chemistry and Biochemistry is a 2 years full-time program at the University of Windsor.
- This program gives students an opportunity to enhance their understanding and knowledge of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- The main topics of the program are:
- Organic and nano-materials
- Computational chemistry
- Supramolecular chemistry
- Solid-state NMR
- Polymer chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Graduate students work with the research supervisor of their choice, through close faculty mentorships, to create independent, original research with meaningful and real-world applications.
- The faculty members have active research programs in a variety of areas, including:
- Synthetic inorganic and organic chemistry
- Materials science
- Surface science
- Solid-state chemistry and medical biochemistry
- The department is well known for providing an enthusiastic and friendly environment in the pursuit of graduate education.
- The Faculty to student ratio is 29:1 which bridges the gap between the faculty and students.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Student required an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 70% Marks.
- These marks are calculated based on the last 2 years of the undergraduate degree.
- Students whose official language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS Scores.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
83 / 120
Avg. Score in
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
309 / 340
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and board||$ 10,260|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship|| $10,847 || Yes || N/A |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
VISA & Work Study
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- A valid passport or travel document.
- A valid temporary resident visa (if required) Note: If the student has an approved eTA, it will be linked to the passport that is used to apply for the student visa.
The Student may work on-campus without a work permit if:
- The student is a full-time student at the University of Windsor
- The student has a valid study permit
- The student study permit allows them to work on campus, and
- The student has a valid SIN number
International Students may work off-campus if: