Aurora College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Aurora College has three campuses, Aurora Campus, Thebacha Campus, and Yellowknife/ North Slave Campus. With 23 Community Learning Centres (CLCs), the college offers several certificate and diploma programs along with a Bachelor of Education Degree and Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
At Aurora College, residents of the Northwest Territories are given first priority for admission and international candidates are not reviewed until all domestic applications have been considered. International Students can not be allowed into courses if they fail to attend class on the first scheduled day of the semester.
- Students have to apply online for admission to any program
- The application fee for domestic and international applicants is $40 and $200 respectively.
- In 2017-18, the student enrollment number by Aurora College was 527.
Aurora College Admission
The Admission Office of Aurora College is not expected to respond to the international applications before July for programs that begin in September. International Students are informed that this may affect their ability to receive a Study Permit.
Application Fee: $200 (non-refundable)
Apply Offline: Click Here to Download the Form
- Complete the Aurora College Application Form.
- Write a letter of intent.
- Check the additional requirements for the program of your choice
- Submit the necessary documentation with your application.
- Transcripts must be translated in Canada’s official languages (English/ French).
- Create a detailed portfolio, if you have any work experience. (Contact the campus registrar)
- Mail the entire application package to the Aurora College.
- Submission of all official transcripts to Aurora College.
Courses Specific Requirements
- Bachelor of Education Program
- A completed application form
- A personal letter stating reasons for wanting to enter the teaching profession
- Official high school transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a community leader, Community Education Council, or Director of Education.
- A minimum mark of 65 percent is required in English and Math.
- Grade 12 or equivalent including a minimum of:
- English 30-2, or ABE English 150
- Math 30-2, or ABE Math 150; and
- 1 of Science 20, Biology 20, Chemistry 20, or Physics 20
- Applicants may be admitted with one area of deficiency, provided it is not English. Such a deficiency must be cleared before entering the second year of the program.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Grade 12 English ELA 30-1 (Eng30) or ELA 30-2 (Eng33), or ALBE English equivalent; Math 20-1 or Math 20-2 or the ALBE Math equivalent; Biology 30; and one level 20 or 30 science (Physics, Biology or Chemistry) or the ALBE equivalent. Students must have a grade of 65 percent or higher in the above courses.
- Complete a College entrance application;
- Submit two letters of reference
- Submit official transcripts.
- Criminal Record Check
In order to study in Canada, international applicants must obtain a Canadian visa and a study permit. There are several documents international candidates must submit:-
- English Proficiency Tests Results
- Acceptance Letter from the institution.
- A copy of a valid passport
- Financial Documentation
At Aurora College, the applications are reviewed in the order that they arrive, so students are advised to apply early in order to enhance the chances of entering the program of their choice.