Carlton Trail College is one of the leading training and educational institutions in Saskatchewan. It is famous for Office Administration course and Adult Basic Education. The offices and classrooms are located at Humboldt, Watrous and Wynyard.
- Webometrics Canada Ranking- 283
- Webometrics World Ranking- 15929
- Various industry specific training programs ranging from agriculture to manufacturing
- Minimum two-week work experience component in all full-time institute credit program
- Full-time SIAST credit programs and University of Saskatchewan and University of Regina credit courses.
|Type of College||Public|
|Number of Enrolment Seats||317 (Full Time) 694 (Part Time) 446 (Indigenous)|
|Basic Tuition Fee||$7,500|
|Basic Application Fee||$45 (applicable for 5 years)|
Campus and Residential Facilities
- 4 campuses- Humboldt, Southey, Watrous and Wynyard.
- Housing and living accommodation options available and to choose from in the Saskatchewan region. These include apartments, houses, suites and room and even board. And furthermore, the office maintains a Housing Directory in case of any need.
- Some other sources of private accommodation include vacation rentals, sublets, private rooms, bed and breakfasts. Some websites that list this type of accommodation include:
- Places 4 students
- Apart from these, there’s always inexpensive accommodation offered at hostels a student from outside the province can opt for.
Programs Offered at Carlton Trail Regional College
The programs offered appeal to adults of all ages and are as follows –
- Post-Secondary Education
- Adult Basic Education
- Courses for Newcomers
- Industry Training
- Business & Professional Development
- Computer & Technology Training
- Health & Safety Training
- General Interest Courses
The face-to-face or full-time offerings by the Carlton Trail Regional College include-
|Human Services||Trades and Technology|
|Adult Basic Education||Health and Safety|
|Industry Training||English Language Training|
|Computers and Technology||Business and Professional Development|
- Ed2go- for online education certification courses and corporate training.
- Serves more than 2,100 colleges and universities; 2 million student participants
All you need to know about Application Process
How, When and Where to Apply
- Complete an online application form after going through their Program and course catalog.
- Print the application form and submit it in person or by mail.
- Final acceptance will only be considered upon the receipt of all required documents and application fee.
Application Fee- CAD 45
What after you get admission?
- Deposit tuition fee to reserve your seat in the program within 30 days of the date of the acceptance letter.
- Amount to be deposited: CAD 300.
- Send signed registration forms and tuition and other fees to confirm registration.
- Finalize an accommodation.
Cost and Expenses
- The full year Tuition fees at Carlton Trail Regional College which amounts around CAD 7,500
- Other fees include lab fees, library access fee, etc.
- Average cost of rental housing in the city- between CAD 750 and CAD 1,100 per month and CAD 1,600 and CAD 1800
- Types of accommodation- one-bedroom apartment, three-bedroom apartment, etc.
Scholarship and Financial Aids
Available from the Saskatchewan Government to applicant’s post-secondary education.
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
- Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Scholarship
- Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship
- Saskatchewan Innovation and Opportunity Scholarship
Four types of Awards available to Carlton Trail College students entering or completing post-secondary programs of 12 weeks or longer.
- Early Application Scholarships (for students who apply to a program before a specific date)
- Entrance Scholarships- based on Grade 12 of student
- Application-Based Scholarships- based on merit or need
- Performance-Based Scholarships- based on marks obtained
Work While you Study
- While many in college jobs might not be available to the students, they can always work after and out of the college.
- Some of these jobs available to international students are as follows –
- Call Center Communicator
- Multilingual Language Translator
- Other jobs include working in cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores etc.
- The rate of pay is around CAD 10 an hour, on average.