Cegep de Jonquiere: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Cégep de Jonquière is a French-language college funded by the state located in the Jonquière district of Saguenay, Quebec, Canada. It is one of the four pre-university colleges in the Saguenay - Lac-St-Jean region. The college is known for its unique Media Art and Technology (ATM) program, which offers two branches: media communication (Media Communication Techniques) and television production/post-production (Television Production and Post-Production Techniques). It offers the first two years of baccalaureate to interested candidates.
Cegep de Jonquiere, Canada Ranking
- The World rank of Cégep de Jonquière is 11955 by Webometrics.
- The Presence rank of Cégep de Jonquière is 13148 by Webometrics.
- The Impact rank of Cégep de Jonquière is 10247 by Webometrics.
- The Openness rank of Cégep de Jonquière is 7356 by Webometrics.
- The Excellence rank of Cégep de Jonquière is 6084 by Webometrics.
|Type of Institution||Public; Co-ed|
|Tuition||CAD 342.90 per year|
|Language of instruction||French|
|Language Test||TEF - Band 7|
Cegep de Jonquiere, Canada Campus
The Cégep de Jonquière has three suburban campuses.
Cégep de Jonquière
- This is the main administrative campus in Jonquière, Quebec.
- The campus has a 13-story hostel building for men and women.
- All academic programs, i.e. pre-university courses, are provided here.
Cégep de Jonquière Language Center
- Intensive training in French for foreigners, non-French-speaking adolescents, and non-English-speaking civil servants.
- French immersion courses are offered, varying in length from 3 weeks to one semester, starting every Monday.
- Students have intensive French courses, socio-cultural activities and are encouraged to live with host families to learn French more quickly.
Collegial Studies Center of Charlevoix
- This is a suburban and suburban campus.
- The college helps students find accommodation near the college in the same arrondissement
- Lessons taught in Jonquière are also available here (not all).
Residence Facilities at Cegep de Jonquiere
Jonquière CEGEP offers university student residences on campus.
- The Cégep de Jonquière offers the study aid scholarship for students of physical techniques, which is equivalent to one year of accommodation costs at the Cégep de Jonquière student residence.
- The inn building has 212 fully furnished rooms spread over 13 floors in the Piekouagami pavilion.
- The residence has been classified 3 stars out of 5 by the CITQ - Corporation de l'Industrie Touristique du Québec
- Students are required to sign a 9-month contract.
- Residents are eligible for a $ 500 scholarship.
2505, rue St-Hubert,
Jonquière (Québec), G7X 7W2
418 547-2191, ext. 6369
Programs offered at Cegep de Jonquiere, Canada
Cegep de Jonquière offers programs for 26 pre-university and technical or vocational programs in various fields.
- The college specializes in ATM studies i.e. Art and Media Technology
- The program duration varies from 1 to 3 years.
- At the end of 2 or 3-year courses, students are awarded one of the following degrees:
- Diploma of professional studies - diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP)
- Diploma of college studies - diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC)
All programs are divided under the following branches:
- Art and Media Technologies - 5 diploma programs
- Pre-university studies - 1st two years of a Bachelor's degree
- Urban Planning and Development
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Arts, Literature, and Communication
- Visual Arts
- Sciences de la Nature
- Sciences Humaines
- Biological sciences
- Office Administration
- Management Accounting
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Early Childhood Education
- Special Needs Education
- Physical technologies
- DEC Tremplin
International students who want to seek admissions at Cegep de Jonquiere can follow the below-mentioned application details:
How to Apply: Applicants can apply here.
There are no tuition fees as such for students from Quebec who enroll in a college program. However, there are some direct and indirect costs that you should plan for.
- Direct costs: purchase of volumes, educational and specialized material as well as expenses related to internships;
- Indirect costs: reference to accommodation, food, travel, and leisure.
If you are enrolled part-time in regular education, it will cost you:
- Hold a high school diploma (DES)
- Hold a professional studies diploma (DEP) and have completed the following courses:
- 5 of the Language e secondary
- The second language of the 5th secondary
- Mathematics of 4th secondary
- Have a training deemed equivalent or sufficient by the Cégep.
Regardless of your student profile (1, 2 or 3), you must also meet:
- the specific conditions of the program established by the Minister;
- the specific requirements of Cégep de Jonquière depending on the program.
|1 st round||1 st March||end of March|
|2 nd round||1 st May||mid-may|
|3 rd round||1 st June||mid-June|
|Winter session||1 st round||1 st November||mid-November|
For admission to the winter semester, the deadline for applications is 1 st November and the answer will follow in mid-November.
Cost Of Attendance
Approximate cost related to the first year of study in Quebec
|Types of fees to expect||Estimate in euros||Notes|
|Application fees for SRASL||€ 57||srasl.qc.ca|
|Request for the Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)||€ 75||-|
|Study Permits in Canada||€ 101||-|
|Health and hospital insurance||0 €||-|
|Scholarship rights||FREE||Between € 9,000 and € 13,000 for students from countries other than France.|
|Registration fees||€ 225||-|
|Books and school supplies||€ 305||Varies by the program of study|
|Housing||€ 1,760||According to the minimum rate of accommodation in residence|
|Food||€ 2,100||At the rate of € 60 per week|
|Winter clothes||€ 405||-|
|Transport||€ 430||According to the price of public transportation, if 21 and under|
|Various||€ 475||Laundry room, telephone, Internet, furniture, etc.|
|Social and sporting activities||€ 503||Cinema, outings, museums, cultural activities, etc.|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
Scholarship to promote training programs leading to professions prioritized by the Labor Market Partners Commission
This $ 1,700 scholarship aims to promote study programs leading to professions prioritized by the Labor Market Partners' Commission.
To be eligible
- Have applied for admission to the Saguenay − Lac-Saint-Jean Regional Cégeps Admission Service in one of the targeted programs
- Meet the requirements of the targeted training program for which you are applying for admission
- For the first payment of $ 500, to be a full-time student and have passed all courses of the 1 st Session
- For the second installment of $ 1,200, obtain the college diploma within the prescribed time (maximum 4 years)
Asselin Foundation college and university scholarships
This scholarship, offered by the Asselin Foundation of Cégep de Jonquière , is intended for students registered full-time at Cégep de Jonquière or at the Center d'études collégiales en Charlevoix (CECC). It is also intended for graduates of Cégep de Jonquière who are pursuing full-time university studies at the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi or in another establishment, if the chosen university program is not offered at UQAC .
Selection criteria :
- Accountability, taking charge of one's destiny
- Support for the success of young people aimed at fostering school dropout and perseverance among young people with psychosocial, learning or financial difficulties
- Support for the realization of educational projects supporting education, research, and innovation in education
- The concern and sense of equity between individuals and generations
- The best sharing of wealth
- Socio-community development
- a scholarship with a maximum value of $ 1,000 is awarded at the college level
- a scholarship with a maximum value of $ 1,500 is awarded to a bachelor student
- a scholarship with a maximum value of $ 2,500 is awarded to a master's and doctoral student
Deadline: 1 st June 2020
The grant from the Asselin Foundation in Planning and Town Planning Techniques
This scholarship, offered by the Asselin Foundation of Cégep de Jonquière, in partnership with Caïn Lamarre, is intended for a full-time student enrolled at Cégep de Jonquière in Planning and town planning techniques. The stock must be in 3rd grade and have passed all specialty courses of the program until the Fifth Session inclusive.
Amount: The value of the scholarship is $ 1,000.
The choice of the scholarship candidate is determined based on an evaluation of an academic report which he must prepare and present.
Register with the Department of planning and town planning techniques (responsible for departmental coordination): Marie-Élaine Mercier.
The students of Cégep Jonquière have a very high employment rate at the end of their pre-university studies / associated diplomas.
- Many are pursuing undergraduate university studies in other Quebec universities.
- Multimedia technicians are eligible for a diploma in video game design (Conception of video games) from the University of Quebec in Chicoutimi.
- Students of arts, literature, and communication are easily accepted by the following institutions for obtaining university degrees:
- National Theater School of Canada
- Montreal Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Art
- Quebec Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Art
- The employment rate of students within six months of graduation is shown below for 2016.
- Urban planning and development, management accounting, early childhood education, and electronics had 100% placements in 2016.
Placement (Work-Study Program)
- The Work-study program is two paid internships in a company during your college training.
- This learning formula allows you to gradually practice your profession while continuing your training.
- The two work-study program internships are full-time and vary from 12 to 16 weeks.
- The first is scheduled at the end of the second year of study and the second takes place from March to June at the end of the third year of study.
- Six study programs at Cégep de Jonquière are offered according to the Work-study program:
- Advantages of the Work-study program
- Practice-oriented learning
- Experience facilitating integration into a work environment
- Consolidation of career choice
- Positioning with potential employers at the end of your studies
- Remuneration to alleviate financial pressure during your studies
FIND A PROGRAM
Fall (Round 1) Deadlines
Fall (Round 2) Deadlines
Fall (Round 3) Deadlines
Winter (Round 1) Deadlines
As an artist, I wanted to expand my work to the digital platform as well but for that, I needed to understand the field properly and Cegep de Jonquiere provided me the opportunity to do so. I wanted to take my art abroad and Canada was the perfect place to do so as many of my friends are there and they told me about the college. The GPA of 9 in my bachelor of Fine arts helped me get admission into this program. I applied online and also paid around $60 for application.
Course Curriculum :
The course grid is divided into two parts general education and specific training because of which I have been able to achieve collateral knowledge of different fields along with complete concentration on my core subject. The curriculum construction has been very convenient for me as it enables me to put my creativity out there and at the same time make me aware of the techniques on how to improve it. The curriculum offers subjects such as strategies in history, 2D&3D observation drawing, techniques, process and materials, color techniques and process, photography techniques and process and the likes.
I've always wanted to stand apart from the crowd and serve the needy along with having a secure future and nursing was the first option to my mind. While searching for the best colleges out there, Cejep de Jonquiere is one fine choice. I got to know about the college from my friends already in the city. I applied by filling up the Online Application and by paying an application of $85.
Course Curriculum :
My curriculum is divided into 6 sessions described over a 2-year span. It included all sociology, behavioral study, pediatrics, geriatrics, biology, surgery, and mental health, etc. I was also provided a chance to study healthy maths, chemistry and literature, and fantasy. Overall the whole curriculum doesn't exhaust me out.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary