Cegep de Jonquiere Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
The Cégep de Jonquière is a publicly funded French-language college in Jonquière of Saguenay, Quebec, Canada. It is one of four pre-university colleges in the Saguenay – Lac-St-Jean region. It offers the first two years of a Bachelor's degree to interested candidates. The college is well-known for its Art and Media Technologies program.
Why does CEGEP de Jonquière stand out?
- Specializes in Art and Media Technologies studies, a program from which 10,000 students have graduated.
- Emphasis on practical experience: Third year journalism students spend the whole academic year working for the newspaper Le Pige.
- High placement rates of all programs.
- Certain programs have 100% employment rates and several have employment rates in 90 to 95%.
- Offers the Master’s program for adults who wish to re-skill.
|Type of Institution||Public; Co-ed|
|Tuition||CAD 342.90 per year|
|Language of instruction||French|
|Language Test||TEF - Band 7|
Cegep de Jonquière Campuses
Cegep de Jonquiere has three suburban campuses.
Cegep de Jonquière
- This is the main administrative campus in Jonquière (Québec).
- The campus has a 13 storey hostel building for men and women.
- All academic programs i.e. pre-university courses are conducted here.
Centre linguistique du Cégep de Jonquière
- Intensive French language training for foreigners, non-French speaking teenagers and non-English speaking government servants.
- French immersion courses are offered varying in duration from 3 weeks to a semester, starting every Monday.
- Students have intensive French language courses, socio-cultural activities and are encouraged to live with host families to learn French faster.
Centre d'études collégiales en Charlevoix
- This is a suburban, commuter campus.
- The college assists students to find accommodation close to the college in the same borough
- Courses conducted at Jonquiere are also available here (not all).
Student Accommodation at Cegep College Jonquière
- Cegep Jonquiere offers university student residences on campus.
- The hostel building has 212 fully furnished rooms spread over 13 floors in Piekouagami Pavilion.
- The residence has been rated 3 stars on 5 by the CITQ - Corporation de l'industrie touristique du Québec
- Students are obliged to sign up for a contract of 9 months.
Programs offered at Cegep de Jonquière
Cegep de Jonquière offers 26 pre-university and technical/vocational programs in a wide variety of fields.
- The college specializes in ATM studies i.e. Art and Media Technology
- The program duration varies from 1 to 3 years.
- At the end of 2 or 3-year courses, students are awarded one of the following degrees:
- diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) - Diploma of professional studies
- diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) - Diploma of college studies
All programs are divided under the following branches:
- Art and Media Technologies - 5 diploma programs
- Pre-university studies - 1st two years of a Bachelor's degree
- Urban Planning and Development
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Arts, Literature and Communication
- Visual Arts
- Sciences de la Nature
- Sciences humaines
- Biological sciences
- Office Administration
- Management Accounting
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Early Childhood Education
- Special Needs Education
- Physical technologies
- DEC Tremplin
How to get into Cegep de Jonquière?
Domestic and international students must apply on https://www.srasl.qc.ca/admission/.
- curriculum vitae
- Video presentation (3 minutes maximum) on DVD (for media related studies).
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- A work of media, if possible, in which you were a member of the production team.
- A recent photo
- Marksheet and certificate of class 12 results or the high school diploma
- Programme-wise requirements differ and students are requested to consult the following website: https://www.cegepjonquiere.ca/liste-des-programmes.html
French Language Skills
- All courses at CEGEP Colleges are taught in French.
- An international candidate must prove his/her proficiency in French through French Language Tests accepted by CEGEP Jonquiere College.
For the ease of acquiring a study permit, candidates are advised to prefer the TEF although other scores are acceptable.
- Please check the availability of specific exam centers in your city/country and the exact guidelines of your nearest Canadian counsulate or Canadian embassy.
- International candidates from non-French speaking countries must pass any one of the following French exams to prove their French langauge competency:
- TEF scores - Scores above level 7 are accepted.
|NCLC Level||Ability: Speaking ||Ability: Listening||Ability: Reading ||Ability: Writing |
|7||310 – 348||249 – 279||207 – 232||310 – 348|
|8||349 – 370||280 – 297||233 – 247||349 – 370|
|9 and above||371+||298+||248+||371+|
NCLC: Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (Canadian Language Benchmarks)
TCF and DELF / DALF scores
| -||TCF or TCF-Q||DELF/DALF|
|Level|| Speaking || Listening || Listening || Listening |
|14+||500+||C1 or C2||C1 or C2|
English Language requirements
- Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your country can ask you to prove English proficiency even if the College does not demand the same.
- Students of non-English speaking countries should have the IELTS score ready for the student permit application.
- IELTS - 6.5 with no band below 6.5
What it costs to study in CEGEP De Jonquiere?
- There are no tuition fees for Quebec students.
- Students do have to bear other direct and indirect costs.
- Total cost of studies per year is 342.90 Canadian dollars.
- Students who opt for on-campus housing have to pay monthly rent of 305 Canadian dollars. It is inclusive of all the utility facilities.
- Eligible candidates can avail a scholarship of CAD 500.
Financial Aid provided by Cegep Jonquière
- Merit and need based scholarships are available at the Cegep Jonquière for students of different academic years.
- Students can download the application forms as per the scholarship applicable in their case and submit it to the college before the stipulated deadlines.
- Scholarships available for the academic year 2017-2018 are given below:
|Academic Year||Name of Scholarship||Amount|
|Last Year DEC||Bourse de finissant||CAD 1000|
|Last Year Physical Techniques||Lionel-Gaudreau-et-Clare-Gagnon Scholarship||CAD 500|
|Last Year DEC or pre-university technical studies||Sports Studies Scholarship / Bourse Sport-études||Not specified|
|2nd or 3rd year||Résidence Piekouagami scholarship||CAD 500|
|2nd or 3rd year||Bourses de reconnaissance à l'engagement étudiant / Student Participation Scholarship||Not specified|
|2nd or 3rd year||Bourse de reconnaissance à l’engagement étudiant destinée aux étudiants internationaux / Student Participation Scholarship for International Students||Not specified|
|2nd or 3rd year||Bourse de reconnaissance à l'engagement étudiant destiné aux étudiants autochtones / Student Participation Scholarship for Indigenous students / Bourse de reconnaissance à l'engagement étudiant destiné aux étudiants autochtones||Not specified|
|2nd or 3rd year||Scholarship for students in financial need/ Bourse reconnaissant la persévérance des élèves vivant des problématiques particulières||CAD 500|
|2nd or 3rd year||Environment protection scholarship / Bourse environnementale||Not specified|
|1st year||Academic excellence scholarship for students in financial need / Bourse de persévérance scolaire||Not specified|
|Media Art and Technology students - 2nd year||Bourse Bell média en ATM « Engagement, réussite et persévérance » - 6 recipients||CAD 500|
|Media Art and Technology students - 3rd year||Bourse Bell média en ATM « Finissant » - 6 recipients||CAD 500|
|Media Art and Technology students - 3rd year students in an internship|| Bourse Bell média en ATM « Insertion professionnelle en stage » - 8 recipients||CAD 500|
|Social Sciences Students (Final year)||Bourse des députés de Jonquière (pour les finissants) / Jonquiere Deputies Scholarship||Not specified|
|Mastera scholarship||Bourses selon les programmes offerts / Programme-wise scholarship||Not specified|
The best geek prank collection can be found at GeekPrank.com. Play with the Windows simulator, the fake upgrade screens, the fake disk formatter and other pranks.
Cegep College Jonquière Work Study Program
- The work-study program here comprises of two paid internships in a company during the period of academic study.
- These are full-time internships and can vary in duration from 12 to 16 weeks.
- The first internship takes place in the second year of studies.
- The second internship is scheduled from March to June at the end of the third year of studies.
Students of the following six programs of Cégep de Jonquière are eligible for the Work-Study program:
- Plant Engineering Technology
- ELECTRONICS, specialization telecommunication
- Technologie de la mécanique du bâtiment
- Laboratory technician - Analytical chemistry
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Environnement, hygiene and workplace safety
Advantages of the Work Study Program
- Learning interlinked with work experience.
- Internships are designed to facilitate integration into the workplace.
- Better career-related decision making.
- Better standing with prospective employers.
- Rémunération permettant d’alléger la pression financière durant vos études
- Paid internships assist financially needy students to better support themselves during the course of academics.
Perks of being a Cegep Jonquiere Alumnus
- Cegep Jonquiere students have a very high employment rate after completion of pre-university studies/associate degrees.
- Many go on to complete undergraduate university studies in other Quebec universities.
- Multimedia technicians are eligible to take a Video game designing degree (Conception de jeux vidéo) of Université du Québec à Chicoutimi.
- Arts, Literature and Communications students are readily accepted by the following institutions for completion of university degrees:
- École nationale de théâtre du Canada
- Conservatoire de musique et d’art dramatique de Montréal
- Conservatoire de musique et d’art dramatique de Québec
- Employment rate for students within six months of graduation is given below for 2016.
- Planning and Urban Development, Management Accounting, Early Childhood Education, and Electronics had 100% placements in 2016.