Cegep de Rimouski: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Cegep de Rimouski is a public higher education institution distinguished by its dynamism and excellence in training offered. Established in1968 by the combination of three institutions namely; the Cégep de Rimouski, the Institut maritime du Québec (Quebec Maritime Institute) and the Center matapédien d'études collégiales, the school is regarded as an important player in regional development as it offers 27 pre-university and technical study programs in various fields to 2,200 students and several other continuing education services to more than 7,000 people.
The Cégep (College of General and Professional Education) is the first level of higher education in Quebec, the second being the university. CEGEPs offer two types of programs: graduate technical programs that are initially designed for the labor market, although they also provide access to university, and pre-university programs that prepare for university studies. Both types of programs lead to a college degree (DEC).
The CEGEPs in Quebec provide a common platform to ease the process of multiple applications for admission. This institution is known as SRACQ or Service regional d’admission au collegial de Quebec.
Key Features of the University
- World Ranking is 8300
- Country Ranking is 119
- UniPage World University Ranking is 8300
- Webometrics Ranking is 8282
- Highest placement rates in the province
- Offers international travel and internship options
- Contributes to regional development
|Type of university||Public|
|Student intake||2600 annually|
|Work while Study||The study permit generally includes a 20-hour-a-week off-campus work permit.|
- The campus is located at Rimouski in Quebec precisely at 60, rue de l'Évêché Ouest, Rimouski (Quebec) G5L 4H6
- Quebec Maritime Institute is located at 53, rue Saint-Germain Ouest, Rimouski (Quebec)
- Center matapédien d'études collégiales is located at 92, rue Desbiens, Amqui (Quebec)
- Emergency Measures Training Center is also a part of the Quebec Maritime Institute is located at 2965 rue de l'Etchemin, Saint-Romuald (Quebec)
- Gilles-Vigneault Library situated at Cegep de Rimouski houses thousands of book collections and online resources to serve the students and faculty’s academic needs
- Cooperative students organizations are available on campus with membership open to all students
- The school has a Le Stéthoscope health clinic, which offers various health-related services to students of the school
- The Psychosocial support service also available on campus offer services such as welcome services, support, help, listening, in complete confidentiality to help students improve their lives
- There are varieties of clubs and communities to help integrate a student into the school community
- Cegep de Rimouski offers accommodation to students in four residential buildings located close to Cégep and the Quebec Maritime Institute (Institut maritime du Québec)
- Free Services at the hall include wireless internet connection, cable TV in each room, storage space, 24-hour security guard, individual post office box, training room, computer lab, workroom, nearby services (grocery store, hospital, pharmacy, park, cinema, etc.)
- Room types available include single rooms, double rooms, and connecting rooms with equipment such as TV, microwave, refrigerator, etc., available for rental
- Annual room rates range from 2,700 CAD to 4,700 CAD and include heating, electricity, and many other services
- For students of continuing education programs and any other part-time programs whose stay only ranges from few days to few weeks, the school offer hotel services at a rate of 194 CAD – 332 CAD per week
- Cegep de Rimouski offers programs in diverse fields such as science, environments, arts, culture, engineering, health, administration, and management, etc.
- The Center matapédien d'études collégiales offers six programs across the field of science, management, and physiotherapy.
- The Quebec Maritime Institute (Institut maritime du Québec) offers pre-university programs, technical education programs, and administrative programs to students
- In the technical sector, the Quebec Maritime Institute offers five maritime training programs running for a duration of four years with 12 months at sea in Navigation that meets international STCW standards
- Sea time is mandatory for students of maritime programs to be qualified for Transport Canada exams and First Officer's certificate
- Graduate of Quebec Maritime Institute with a chief engineer's certificate can apply for the Bachelor of Applied Sciences at the Université du Québec à Rimouski.
- The continuing education of the Quebec Maritime Institute (Institut maritime du Québec) offers varieties of courses (over 110 courses) on high-demand skills to supports the development and upgrading of the skills of the maritime sector and port industry in Quebec region.
- Some of the programs at Quebec Maritime Institute are offered online to enable capture students whose world schedule couldn’t permit to be at the campus
- Some online course nonetheless still require the presence of the students at the training site to participates in the practical sessions
- Most courses are not available to international applicants without Transport Canada CDN number or Proof of citizenship or permanent residence, therefore applicants are advised to adhere strictly to the course details
- For programs with planned sea internships, only Canadian citizens and students with permanent Canadian resident status can be admitted.
Application Process at Cegep de Rimouski
Application Portal: Regional Admission Service to Quebec Collegial (SRACQ)
Application fee: 39 CAD
- Applicant must possess the equivalent of a Secondary V in Quebec, corresponding to eleven years of study
- School reports or transcripts
- Official and legible copy of applicant's birth certificate
- French Language Proficiency Test
- Medical Examination reports
French Language Requirement
Cegep de Rimouski accepts the following exams as proof of proficiency in French –
|Name of the Test||Minimum Score required|
|TFI (Test de français international)||550 - 779|
|French Competency Levels||Level 6|
What to do next?
- Students, domestic or international, need to apply through the SRACQ website
- Select Cegep de Rimouski from the list of member institute
- Select the program; check the requirements stated for the programs
- Create a profile using email id and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload the relevant documents
|Tour||Autumn Quarter||Winter Quarter|
|1st Tour||March 1st||November 1st|
|2nd Tour||May 1st||December 1st|
|3rd Tour||June 1st||January 1st|
|4th Tour||August 1st||-|
Cost and Expenses to be incurred at Cegep de Rimouski
The costs of attendance for the 2019/2020 academic session at the Cégep de Rimouski are as follows-
- Fees for specific training (by skill or course) – CAD 60
- 1 to 10 skills (or courses): CAD 400
- 11 to 15 skills (or courses): CAD 500
- 16 skills (or courses) and more: CAD 650
- General education (by skill or course): CAD 60 – CAD 400
|AGECR health and dental insurance||69|
- Other Fees include Continuing Education Course Fee of 475 -1,275 CAD
- In addition to the above-listed fees, other significant costs that are very difficult to account for are school materials, food, transport costs, IT equipment, extracurricular activities, monthly subscriptions, etc. A rough estimate of these fees is 5,000 – 13,000 CAD
- Need-based financial aid is not available to international students at Cegep de Rimouski.
- International students are permitted to engage in paid work on campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week
- The Cégep de Rimouski through Success Gala awards 31,600 CAD worth of scholarships to its students, mostly domestic.
- Bursaries of 3,000 CAD is available to students who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria of the Quebec government's Student Mobility Program
- Very few funding are available to international students at the Quebec Maritime Institute, thus, applicants are advised to source for funding if there’s none
- International students are encouraged to apply for external scholarships due to the limited availability of scholarships for international students.
- According to statistics, the average salary over six to nine months for graduates of the institution entering the job market is recoded at a range of 65,000 CAD to 75,000 CAD
- Almost 100% of graduates got placements after three years of graduation from the institution
- The Institut maritime du Québec (Quebec Maritime Institute) collaborates with numerous Canadian and foreign shipping companies for training, hiring, and integration of graduates into the workforce at sea.
- The Institut maritime du Québec organizes employment fair every year at the beginning of the winter term to connect representatives of companies and organizations with a maritime or related vocation and students from the Institut maritime du Québec.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I have opted for this college because one of my friends was studying in the same institute. Apart from this college, I have also applied to other ranked colleges. But I attained an offer letter from this college within a week. To get admission I had to submit an application form at Regional Admission Service to Quebec Collegial (SRACQ), the process charged me $40.
Course Curriculum :
By getting admission into this course students' can explore a wide variety of disciplines in the field of drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, digital image processing, art video, and art history. The course is comprised of 4 quarters that students have to clear. After the completion of course there are various job options that students' can opt for.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary