Cégep de Sherbrooke is a public college in the city of Sherbrooke in Quebec province, Canada. The college offers pre-university and technical programs along with general education and adult training. Cegep de Sherbrooke is the only francophone institution in Estrie. The annual student strength is more than 6,000 students with over 800 staff members.
Ranking and Standings
- Webometrics Ranking of Universities- 127 (Canada)
- Webometrics Ranking of Universities- 8163 (Global)
- College of General and Vocational Education is affiliated with the ACCC, and CCAA.
- Offers 33 programs of study, including technical, pre-university, as well as a dozen programs leading to an equivalent of college studies.
- Collaborated with various organizations and educational institutions abroad.
- Offers ten programs leading to an Attestation of College Studies abroad.
- Over 10 acre area including five teaching blocks and a residence of 221 rooms.
|Type of University||Public|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate International Students||CAD 6,119|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS|
- Main Campus at Sherbrooke
- An agricultural centre at Coaticook as a part of college.
- 6 academic blocks with laboratories, sport centre, theatre and residences.
- Facilities- Media Center, gym and Physical Activity Center, cafeteria and student cafes, lounges, bookstores, etc.
Easy Housing and Meal Plans
- Offers 221 single rooms of 8 ft by 9 ft.
- Transportation free for full time students
- Underground access to CEGEP academic blocks with a network of tunnels.
- Nine floors: 5 for girls, 3 for boys. 1 for both boys and girls.
- A communal lounge with piano, pool and soccer tables, stereo and basic cable TV included.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Storage lockers
- Laundry rooms
- Living room with TV
- For the 2018-2019 school year, the Cegep college residence cost is CAD 280 per month for all.
The college offers two types of programs of study: pre-university and technical.
- Duration- two years
- Subjects covered correspond to a year of high school in Canada
Some of the fields are:
- Science and Dance (Double DEC)
- Science of Nature: Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences: Pure and Applied Sciences
- Computer Science and Mathematics
Technical Studies Programs
- Duration: 3 years.
- For students who pursuing career in engineering and technology.
Some of the technical programs offered at college are:
- Civil engineering technology
- Mechanical engineering techniques
- Industrial maintenance technology
- Computer system technology
- Electronics Technology: Telecommunication
- Important part of CEGEP college curriculum; an integral part of each program.
- Offers intellectual development, how to live in a socially responsible society and share the achievements of culture.
Disciplines in General Education:
- English as a second language
- Physical education
Continuing Education/ Adult Training
- Offers full-time and part-time training, and credit courses
- Several full-time, credited or uncredited training courses in areas of:
- Finance and Accounting,
- Industrial Technologies,
- Transport Logistics,
- Computer and Networking.
- Short-term courses spanning between 30 and 61 weeks.
All About Application Process
- Fall Semester admissions- mid-January
- Autumn semester admissions-July
- Separate SRAM Admission website for online application.
Documents to provide
- A birth certificate
- Transcripts from last three years of high school and also from post-secondary education if applicable
- A comparative evaluation of studies completed outside of Canada
- Complementary information on academic records
- A letter of intent
French Language Requirement
Test scores acceptable-
- TCF (TCF Quebec and TCF Canada are not accepted)
- DELF all Public Level B2
How to apply
Domestic applications- sram-demo.omnivox.ca/
International applicants- admission.sram.qc.ca/
Follow these steps for filling the application:
- Create online account
- Fill in information: Personal, Educational and Contact & address
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the application with documents required.
Quebec City applicants need not submit documents. International applicants upload the documents on SRAM website.
Fees for Quebec and French Students
|Registration fees||CAD 20|
|Fees for Educational Services||CAD 25|
|Fees for various services||CAD 150.70|
|Cégep de Sherbrooke Student Association||CAD 25|
|Student Health and Dental Plan||CAD 46|
Fee for International students other than France
|Training area||Amounts per session|
|Pre-university programs||CAD 6,119|
|Technical Study Programs||CAD 7,923|
|Biological techniques||CAD 9,486|
Canadian students who are not residents of Quebec
|School years||Amounts per session|
|Amounts per hour|
|2018-2019||CAD 1,540||CAD 7.51|
Recognition and Scholarships
On the basis of Programs
- School progress scholarship in literature
- Lubie Scholarship
- Lubie Portfolio Project scholarship
- ROS-B Scholarship in Motion Design
- Cristiane- Morel Award
- Sherbrooke School of Guitar Scholarship
2 Coup de Coeur Awards
Following are some notable alumni of Cegep de Sherbrooke:
- France Leduc, Publisher
- Félix Arguin, Teacher