Cegep de St (Felicien): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Cégep de St-Félicien is a public post-secondary institution in Quebec, Canada. The college offers pre-university degrees (Associate degrees) and technical programs to high school graduates.
- High-tech modern labs for technical program students
- Owns a forest for teaching and research, serving students of the natural sciences
- Offers customized training program to fulfill the training need of the community
- Offers Natural Environment Technician program, only one in Quebec
- Scholarship program to fund expenses for student’s accommodation
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Students||900|
|Number of International Students||100|
|Acceptance Rate||Tremplin DEC - 60% Physical sciences and Techniques - 100% Natural Sciences - 90% Humanities - 87% Arts, Literature and Communication - 100%|
|Tuition fee range||5 000 $ to 9 000 $/semester|
|Language of Instruction||French|
|French language examination||TEF - NCLC level 7 and above|
- The Cégep de St-Félicien is situated in the Saguenay−Lac-Saint-Jean.
- Exact location is Lac-Saint-Jean which is reputed for its high quality of life.
- The college has no on campus residential facility
- 4 pre-university programs or Associate degrees of 2 year duration
- Science of Nature
- Social Science
- Arts, culture and communication
- Double DEC
- 7 technical programs of 3 years duration
- Animal Health Techniques
- Medical Care
- Natural Environment Techniques
- Forest Product Processing Techniques
- Accounting and Management
- Tourism Techniques
- Computer Techniques
Cégep de St-Félicien Application Process
- Original Transcripts
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Certificate of Acceptance from Quebec (CAQ)
- Study permit
French Language Skills
International candidates from non-French speaking countries must pass any one of the following French exams to prove their French langauge competency:
- TEF scores - Scores above level 7 are accepted.
- NCLC: Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens
|NCLC Level||Ability: Speaking ||Ability: Listening||Ability: Reading ||Ability: Writing |
|7||310 – 348||249 – 279||207 – 232||310 – 348|
|8||349 – 370||280 – 297||233 – 247||349 – 370|
|9 and above||371+||298+||248+||371+|
| -||TCF or TCF-Q|
|Level|| Speaking || Listening |
- All international and domestic candidates must apply online at www.srasl.qc.ca
- Application fee of 65$ is to be paid by a Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Additional documents required for admission are as follows:
- Copy of passport
- Class 12 marksheet and certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Any other course-specific documents that are stated by the college.
Costs and expenses
- Students of Quebec and French nationals are exempt from tuition fees
- International students tuition fee – CAD 5000 – CAD 9000 /semester
- University residence rent: 2700/year.
- Cégep de St-Félicien Foundation has a scholarship program to support students in financial need.
- Financial aid is offered for paying room rent if the student is living in the university residence.
- Housing Scholarship Programme
- Eligibility: 1st year student having compulsory contract of 9 months to live in the Cegep university student hostel.
- Amount: 1000 canadian dollars
- Financial Aid for Education Programme of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Lans and bursaries for students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Students need to be enrolled in a full-time university program in the Quebec region of Canada.
- Programme de la Fondation - Bourses «Coopérative étudiante» [Foundation Program - Students’ Cooperative Scholarship]
- Service de dépannage alimentaire [Food Aid Program]
- This is a confidential service aimed at students who face sudden financial problems during the semester, rendering them unable to afford sufficient food.
- BOURSES INTERRÉGIONALES DE MOBILITÉ ÉTUDIANTE [Inter-regional Student Mobility Scholarships]
- Cégep de St-Félicien offers CAD 3000 as scholarships under the auspices of a program that favours student mobility towards other Cegeps affected by lowered population in the area served by them.
- This scholarship is available for students of the following technical programs.
- Forest Product Processing
- Natural Environment technician
- Animal health specialist
Cégep de St-Félicien Work-Study Program
- The Work-Study program option is available to students of certain technical programs.
- There are two types of work-study programs.
- Alternance travail létudes (ATE) - The student pursues two, full-time, paid internships ranging from minimum 12 weeks to maximum 16 weeks during the term breaks.
- Apprentissage en milieu de travail (AMT) [Learning in the workplace] - The student pursues undertakes 300 hours of classes/working projects while working with a company, apart from the end-of-term internship.