Cegep de Trois-Rivieres: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded on May 15, 1968, the Cégep de Trois-Rivières is a post-secondary institution that offers a diploma in pre-university programs and technical training. The institution was founded after a coalition of eight colleges with a mission of providing high-quality education in technical training, pre-university, continuing education, and business services.
The 14 CEGEPs in Montreal provide a common platform to ease the process of multiple applications for admission. This institution is known as SRAM or Service regional d’admission du Montreal metropolitain.
- More than 260 projects completed till date
- 130 scholarships are distributed annually
- CAD 45,000 allotted for annual scholarships
- 1859 scholarships worth CAD 531,000 offered over 15 years
- Offers the largest number of technical programs in Quebec
- Three technology transfer centers including College Center for Technology Transfer in Telecommunications
Cégep de Trois-Rivières is ranked:
- 3064th in the list of best colleges globally in 2020 by UniPage
- 84th in the list of best colleges in Canada in 2020 by Unipage
- 2nd in the list of Canada’s top 50 Research Colleges in 2019 by Research Infosource
- 5th in the list of research income per researcher amongst Canada’s top 50 Research Colleges in 2019 by Research Infosource
|Type of college||Post-secondary|
|Number of students||4,000+|
|Tuition fees (varies depending on the curriculum chosen)||12,000 CAD– 20,000 CAD|
|Test scores accepted||International Test of French (TFI) / Test of knowledge of French (TCF)|
- Cégep de Trois-Rivières operates one campus in the Mauricie region and first opened the doors of its campus on September 10th, 1968 to 2,177 students
- The institution presently incorporates over 4,000 students, 370 teachers, and 750 employees
- The institution’s campus has three technology transfer centers (CCTT) as well as business and continuing education services. The CCTT are the Quebec Metallurgy Center (CMQ), Innofibre -Center for innovation in cellulosic products (which was formerly known as the Center specializing in pulp and paper) and the Center collégial de technology transfer in telecommunications
- The Cégep de Trois-Rivières has an impactful presence in ten countries around the world
- There are 20 “Diablos” sports teams offered to students in different athletic areas
- The campus incorporates state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries with information offline and online, gymnasiums, swimming pools, and athletic facilities.
- Rent for housing at Cegep de Trois-Rivieres is paid for the number of weeks a student stays in school
- There are six residences fashioned for students at Cegep de Trois-Rivieres
- At Cegep de Trois-Rivieres residences, three is reserved for boys and three is reserved for girls
- With the six residences accommodating up to 200 students, there are ten apartments per residence that can house up to three students each and four individual rooms per residence.
- Amenities include laundry, washer, dryer, ironing board, parking space, microwave, refrigerator, and Wi-Fi.
- Room features include blinds, sink, chair, table, bed, cabinet, closet, drawer, tiled floor, and mirror.
- Residences at Cegep de Trois-Rivieres are apartments and single rooms.
- Programs are offered as technical programs, pre-university, and DEC (DEC is a college-level diploma in Quebec)
- There are 28 technical diplomas, 16 pre-university diplomas, and double DEC, four DEC-BAC, and one Tremplin DEC program.
- Programs at Cégep de Trois-Rivières run for a period of nine months to three years
- There is a Business Management program that enables students to become Technicians in Business Management
- The Tremplin DEC is a springboard program that enables students to sharpen their skills and qualifications needed for university programs
- Cegep de Trois-Rivieres offers eleven distance learning AEC/DEC programs as well as 18 online courses
Admissions to this highly coveted higher education institute of Canada is available to both, domestic and international students willing to study in Canada. International students are required to submit additional documents as indicated-
Application portal: SRAM network portal
Application fee: 85 CAD
Required conditions and documents:
- Secondary School Diploma (DES) in the youth sector or the adult sector or professional studies diploma (DEP)
- Transcripts and diplomas from your last three years of high school and transcripts and diplomas from university studies (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Comparative evaluation of education credentials completed outside of Canada, this can be made by SRAM during the application process
- The score of a French-language test like the International Test of French (TFI) or test of knowledge of French (TCF)
- Payment of application fees
- Proof of residency (if applicable)
Note: Because of the Covid-19 epidemic, SRAM only accepts documents uploaded online
Minimum language test scores requirements:
Note: There are no minimum test scores requirements reported. Moreover, with effect from April 1, 2019, SRAM is no longer accepting the TFI (Test de français international) language test from applicants.
English language tests accepted
- Bright - English language
- TOEFL (IBT or PBT. ITP is not accepted)
- Pearson -PTE Academic
- Academic IELTS only
French language tests accepted:
- DELF tout public niveau 2
- Bright - French language
- TCF tout public (The TCF Québec and TCF Canada are not accepted)
- TEF (TEF Québec and TEF Canada are not accepted. Sections required: written comprehension, oral comprehension, and lexis and structure)
Study permit/Visa process
- The applicant receives a letter of admission. On the letter, there is a website address where applicants can find the Application of a Quebec Certificate for Studies Form
- The applicant can then apply for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate for Studies.
- The applicant must also apply for a study permit or student visa through the Canadian Embassy or Consulate
- The applicant must then tender the letter of admission gotten beforehand, to obtain both of these essential documents.
Cost of Attendance
For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada to survive comfortably in a foreign land. The list of basic expenses to be considered for applying for admission at the institute is as detailed below.
|Item||Amount per Annum (CAD)|
|Tuition and fees||12,000-20,000|
|Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) and study permit||349|
|Total||21,909 - 29,909|
Financial Aid for International Students
- Application for financial aids can be done online or on paper. A period of 30 days is granted after the end of a student’s last month of recognized studies to submit your request for financial assistance.
- Form for application for a scholarship is always online at Cegep de Trois-Rivieres. A new form is always available every May in a year
- The Cégep de Trois-Rivières Foundation offers numerous scholarships to students worth up to 45,000 CAD
- Financial aids in Canada that international students qualify for are scholarships, grants, student jobs, and external aid options
- Examples of financial aids available to international students include:
- Canadian Bureau for International Education scholarships: This organization offers varying scholarships such as Excellence Awards to deserving international students
- Irving K. Barber Premier's International Scholarship: With a worth of 6,000 CAD to 10,000 CAD, this is an external scholarship that needs a separate application.
- Canadian Visa Study Hub 500 CAD Scholarship Contest: Provides the opportunity for international students in Canada who are members of the Study Hub to win 500 CAD every month.
Alumni benefits at Cegep de Trois-Rivieres are:
- Alumni collaboration
- Networking events
- Transcripts services
- Career services
- Patricia Larouche -Communication advisor at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Montreal
- Simon Rousseau -Author at Éditions ADA // Director of the Corbeau Collection
- Nicolas Yvon - Senior Manager Stonegate Private Counsel
- Michelle Levandovsky –Associate at Capco
- 100% placements in related across 14 programs were recorded in Cegep de Trois-Rivieres in 2017/2018 session
- 98% of all Cegep de Trois de Rivieres graduates have a job
- In partnership with Carrefour jeunesse-emploi (CJE) MRC des Chenaux, Cegep de Trois-Rivieres provide internships and jobs through the internship and job support team’s fairs and engagement activities.
- The average salary of Dental hygiene techniques graduates in 2017/2018 was 24.56 CAD per hour and 44,699.20 CAD per annum
- Architecture technology graduates in 2017/2018 received a higher salary of 21.67 CAD per hour and 45,073.60 CAD per annum