CEGEP Vanier College was established in September 1970 in Montreal, Canada. It is a publicly-funded English language CEGEP and also one of the 48 public CEGEPs in the province.
Why choose CEGEP Vanier College?
The third-largest English-language College in Québec have the following achievements in its kitty.
- Webometrics ranking in the world- 6331
- World Ranking- 7194
- Country Ranking- 104
- Consensus World University Rankings for Canada, CEGEP Vanier College- 5001
|Type of university||Public|
|Pre-University Program enrolments||4329|
|Technological Program enrolments||1981|
|Attestation and Diploma Program enrolments||1454|
Student Intake Stats
The student population records over 6,700 full-time Diploma students along with over 2,000 students attending via Continuing Education Department.
Vanier College campus is located on a retreat of green in the Borough of Saint-Laurent, in the City of Montreal.
- Consists 10 different buildings on a single campus.
- Offer post-secondary education in these 10 buildings.
- Offers over twenty-five programs of study in two-year pre-university and three-year technical fields.
- Continuing Education Centre offers a wide variety of credit courses and programs with flexible scheduling.
- Some of the pre-university and technical programs are listed below:
|Pre-university programs||Technical/Career programs|
|Liberal Arts||Animal Health Technology|
|Modern Languages||Building Systems Engineering Technology|
|Music||Computerized Systems Technology|
|Pure and Applied Science||Computer Science Technology|
|Health Science||Early Childhood Education|
|Science and Music Double DEC||Environmental and Wildlife Management|
|Computer Science and Mathematics||Industrial Electronics|
CEGEP Vanier College is affiliated to the institutions mentioned below:
- Colleges and Institutes Canada
- Quebec Student Sport Federation
- Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association
All About Application Process
Know Your Requirements- International Students
- Grade 12 for USA applicants.
- For Science program, math and science must be taken in Grades 11 and 12.
- Submit detailed course descriptions to get assessed to conclude whether the course content is comparable to that taught in Quebec high schools or not.
- Applicants from outside Canada whose mother tongue and language of instruction is not English- submit recent results of TOEFL.
- Minimum acceptable score- 80 Internet-based/ 213 computer-based/ 550 paper-based.
- If the paper-based test is done, then the Test of Written English (T.W.E.) is also recommended. A minimum score of 4.5 is expected.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) results are also accepted with a band score of 6.5 or above.
For Québec Students
- Quebec Secondary School Diploma or the Quebec Diploma of Vocational Education with Secondary 5 first and second languages as well as Secondary 4 Mathematics or equivalent schooling completed outside the province.
- Applicants whose first language or language of instruction is not English may be required to demonstrate adequate English language proficiency for performance in the English-language background of Vanier College. The Learning Centre staff manages the English language proficiency tests.
How, When and Where to Apply
- Visit the official website of the university at http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca
- Vanier College is allied with Service Régional d’Admission du Montréal Métropolitain (SRAM), a clearing house to process applications.
- Pay CAD 30 (Payable to SRAM), if Canadian student and CAD 85, if international student
- Fee is non-refundable and can be paid via credit card, money order or bank draft.
- Students have to submit the documents at
Service régional d’admission du montréal métropolitain,
5701 avenue Christophe-Colomb,
Montréal, QC H2S 2E9
- Results will be published on the “Consult My File”, “Status of Application” link on SRAM, approximately 4-5 weeks after the deadline.
- Once the students confirm their acceptance at Vanier College, they will be invited to attend an Information Session at the college.
How Much Does it Cost to Take Admission at Cegep Vanier College
Fee for International Students
- Tuition fee will be charged according to a government-regulated scale for International students on a visa or refugee claimants.
- Fee varies according to the program.
- Fee range- CAD 6000 to CAD 9301 per semester
- The fee is subject to change by the management.
Students who are non-residents of Quebec
- Students born in Quebec are exempt from the fee.
- Fee is only charged when there is no evidence of the student or the parent/legal guardian belonging to Quebec.
- Tuition Fee- CAD 1477 per semester,
Tentative months to pay the tuition fee for various sessions
Rental costs for furnished rooms in private homes range from CAD 300.00 to CAD 425.00 per month; apartments range from CAD 450.00 to over CAD 850.00 per month depending on the number of bedrooms, facilities, etc.
CEGEP Vanier College offers a variety of scholarships to the deserving students. Some of the scholarship programs are listed below along with their values, deadlines and websites:
|B.A.S.F. Jackie Robinson Entrance Scholarships||CAD 2000.00||June 30, 2018|
|B.A.S.F. Jackie Robinson Health Sciences or Nursing Scholarship||CAD 1500.00||June 30, 2018|
|The Synergize Scholarship Fund by Microdea – 2018||CAD 1000||July 31, 2018|
|Parents need Scholarship||CAD 1000||December 01, 2018|
|Louer.com Student Assistance Scholarship 2017-2018||CAD 500||December 18, 2018|
Students can visit the website of the scholarships listed above and can apply for the same with ease.
Work While You Study
CEGEP Vanier College has a work study program in the name of ATE.
- It provides full-time students pursuing technical, professional, or attestation programs, an experience and training in a relevant workplace environment.
- Participants complete two paid practicums of 8-12 weeks in their field over the course of their College studies.
- Practicums take place during the summer months following the 1st and 2nd year of the student’s program.
Advantages of the ATE/Work-Study Program:
- Validating your program choice
- Enriching the learning process, as theory is applied to practice
- Gaining valuable communication and interpersonal skills while being exposed to the job market
- Enhancing your CV
- Earning income during your studies
Many notable alumni are associated with Cegep Vanier College, out of which, some are listed below:
- Andrew Walker: Canadian actor
- Patrick Watson: Canadian singer
- Tom Mulcair: Member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Martine Dugrenier: Canadian wrestler
- Mutsumi Takahashi: Canadian journalist
- Yolande James: Canadian Politician
- Otis Grant: Canadian boxer
- Andy Nulman: Canadian Businessman
- Elias Koteas: Canadian film actor