Valleyfield College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Situated in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec, Valleyfield College is an institute of general and vocational education that was founded in 1893 by the efforts of Mr. John H. Sulliven and his advisors. Public teaching at the institute began in 1967 and presently 15 technical and pre-university programs are offered to the aspirants of the institute. With nearly 2300 enrollments every year at this renowned higher education institute of Canada, every student receives a personalized treatment to equip himself for the forthcoming endeavors.
The institute has also incorporated the idea of continuing studies in order to assist adults who want to develop some skill while working. Admissions at Valleyfield College are available for intakes in Fall and Winter semesters. About 71,703 applications from students across the globe seeking to study in Canada were received through SRAM for fall 2019 admission. The students were admitted at a high acceptance rate of nearly 84.6%.
Valleyfield College has received the following rankings on different parameters-
- Rated 4.1 on a scale of 5 in the survey conducted by teacher.com.
- Webometrics gave the institute a country ranking of 245.
- 240th rank amongst the colleges in Canada as concluded by UniPage.
|Type of College||Public|
|Total no. of programs offered||15|
|Total number of staff members||347|
|Total number of seats for students||2,322|
|Season of intake||Winter and Fall|
|Application Fee||85 CAD|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The college campus is located in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, a natural-urban locale at a 45-minutes distance from Montreal.
- The college is surrounded by places of engagement, such as grocery stores, medical services, stores for shopping, theatre, etc.
- The campus offers multiple amenities integral to the development of students’ life. These services include- a cafeteria, a room for training, municipal library, sports facilities, and services for the assistance of students.
- Transportation services on campus are also available at Valleyfield College.
- Activities in numerous areas such as, social and community, sports, scientific, political, cultural, etc. are recognized at the institution as a part of students engagement. Interested students can collaborate with the concerned organization/students group in order to brush their skills alongside gaining a degree.
- The institute offers both on- and off-campus residence options for students. On campus residence options are available in the ‘Inside the CEGEP’ and ‘Outside the CEGEP’ category.
- Inside the CEGEP residential area is located on the third floor of Pavilion G. This block of students’ residence has 44 rooms that include 1 double bed room. The monthly rate for this residence is 280 CAD.
- The new accommodation center is outside the CEGEP. It’s situated at the corner of Champlain and Saint Thomas Street. It has 69 residential spaces of different capacity.
|Room Type||Monthly rate per student|
|Individual studio||453 CAD|
|Two bedroom||381 CAD|
|Three bedroom||325 CAD|
- All the accommodations are equipped with internet, laundry, cleaning, common spaces, electric heating, cable TV, gymnasium, training rooms, etc.
- For information regarding off campus lodgings, students can refer to Omnivox portal classified ads.
- The institute offers a range of courses for international students including 4 pre-university programs and 12 technical programs. Out of the 12 technical ones, 8 work-study programs offer the chance of paid internships.
- Pre-university programs aim at students who want to pursue university education. These include 4 regular programs alongside double DEC that fetch one two college diplomas in 3 years.
- Pre-university programs are offered in the following fields-
- Natural, Health and Applied Sciences.
- Humanities, Administration, Individual, Sport or World Profiles.
- Visual Arts
- Arts, Letter of Communication and Multidisciplinary Options.
- Double DEC in Natural Sciences and Visual Arts.
- Technical programs of 3 years are designed for students who wish to have access to the job market. Twelve technical programs are available at Valleyfield College, including 8 that offer opportunities for paid internships.
- Some popular technical programs are in the field of Accounting and Management, Business Management, and Computer Science.
Valleyfield College Application Process
How to Apply?
Application Portal: Applicants must submit their online applications at the official website
Application Fee: 30 CAD (domestic), 85 CAD (international)
Basic Admission Requirements
Following documents along with level of education equivalent to Quebec Secondary School Diploma (DES) are mandatory in order to be applicable for admission at Valleyfield College-
- Birth certificate
- Official transcripts for each level of education, namely high-school or diploma (if applicable).
- A cover letter.
- Comparative assessment notice (for students who have received education outside Canada).
- Information on adult education if one is studying currently at an adult school.
- Result of language test (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, CAEL, Bright-English Language)
Valleyfield College Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee at the institute ranges from 12,744 CAD to 19,754 CAD, depending upon the program one is opting for. It is payable in two installments. The living expense in Canada is pretty subjective, but 12,750 CAD can be taken as an estimated yearly amount.
The overall estimate breakdown including all the expenditure comprising cost of living in Canada is stated below-
|Areas of expenditure||Cost per year|
|Quebec Acceptance Certificate||114 CAD|
|Residence permit of Canada||150 CAD+ additional 85 CAD if biometric data is required|
|Health insurance||684 CAD|
|Tuition fees||12,744 CAD-19,754 CAD|
|Related cost||400 CAD|
|Living expenses (food, accommodation, books, etc.)||12,750 CAD|
The institute offers various fellowships and scholarships in Canada for international students. Financial assistance in the form of loans and scholarships offered by organizations, foundations and universities is also available.
A yearly scholarship of a total 40,000 CAD is awarded by Valleyfield College every year. This scholarship is available on multiple levels, for example, entrance to CEGEP, academic success, involvement and commitment, etc.
An individual scholarship of 1,700 CAD is awarded to those who have recently registered for Nursing, Laboratory techniques, analytical chemistry profile, Mechanical engineering techniques, and Computer science techniques, in Industrial Electronics Technology and in some other technical programs. The scholarship is awarded based on prior performance standards of students.
The college offers mainly three types of scholarships-
- Education fees exemption scholarship
- There is exemption under tuition fees
- Applied to students from any country where these rights apply
- Who are enrolled full-time in a program leading to a technical DEC.
- Excellence scholarship for foreign students
- Maximum duration of the scholarship is nine semesters.
- Offered to students who are pursuing technical courses in the college to ease their studies
- Short student scholarship program for college network students
- “Short stay” college program for students in the college network and to obtain a scholarship.
- The student must have previously completed in Quebec at least 28 units of the study program.
NOTE-The amounts allocated for these scholarships vary according to the region and length of stay.
Valleyfield College has a huge network of alumni. This network helps in connectivity and expansion for a lifetime.
- Albert Dumouchel, Former artist, photographer and printmaker
- Jules Fournier, Writer and Newspaper owner
- Anne Minh-Thu Quach, Canadian politician
Valleyfield College organizes multiple training programs such as “Success in Business” 6-day training program in order to equip students for placement activities in the sector. Job offers can also be checked on the Omnivox Portal classified sections or the bulletin board.
Furthermore, the success rate in the placement sector is highest for students from Business Administration and Management fields. Majority of the pass outs are working at CISSS of Monteregie Quest and are highly skilled in the field of Operations.
FIND A PROGRAM
I came to know about this college from one of my high-school professors. My professor guided and helped me throughout my application procedure at the university. I had even attended counseling sessions and got familiar with the certain other formalities required at the university. After filing an online application form and submission of an application fee of around $85, the admission procedure was not that complex. My GPA in high school was 8 and I had a huge interest in the field of architecture.
Course Curriculum :
My program trained me to work as architectural technologists in architectural firms, engineering firms, construction businesses or government agencies. Versatility stems from the acquisition of general skills that enabled me to independently carry out the tasks they have been entrusted with. I was even taught to produce drawings and promotional material, design construction details, write specifications, estimate the cost of construction work, coordinate construction work, determine a building-s condition, and help to preserve architectural heritage.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary