Collège Mérici is a private college located in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. The college was established in 1930 and takes its name from At. Angela Merici. The college provides certificates and diplomas in vocational training, pre-university educational courses and adult education. College Merici largely offers courses in the French language only.
Why Choose College Merici?
Ranked at 14592 in the world by Webometrics, College Merici has given over 85 years of educational service to the city of Quebec and to Canada.
- 92% students successfully pass their courses and obtain their degrees.
- 8% students in employment after course completion.
- Staff strength is over 200 for roughly 1200 students. Staff to student ratio is 1:6.
- The college is located in Old Quebec city giving students convenient access to many touristic destinations and other areas of importance.
- Well-reputed for its courses in Social Sciences, Creative Advertising, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Tourism, Special Care Counseling.
- New bilingual programs in the Natural Sciences, Humanities, and Accounting and Management Techniques
|Type of University||Private|
|Number of Full-time Undergraduate Enrollment||1200|
|Annual Student Intake||1000+|
|Basic Tuition Fee, International Students||CAD 15,301|
|The language of Instruction||French and English (Secondary)|
|Tests of Language Proficiency:||English: TOEFL and IELTS French: TFI, TCF, and TEF|
Quebec City Campus of College Merici
- The College Merici has a single campus accommodating all students and all faculties near the Old Quebec areas of Quebec city.
- The College has student residences with room availability standing at 90.
- Proximity of the college to many touristic attractions and commercial areas facilitates job search for students – both during and after studies.
- Student residences are available on campus.
- There are three buildings with 8 fully-furnished apartments in each.
- A total of 90 rooms are available for both men and women.
- Housing type: Apartments only
- 21 4BHK apartments - $390 CAD/month/student
- 3 2BHK apartments for families - $460 CAD/month/student
- Room occupancy period: Mid-August – May (9.5 months)
Download online application form, fill in the requisite details and submit at the earliest to guarantee a place of residence.
Academic Programs Offered
- College Merici offers courses in Pre-University Programs, Vocational Training, and Adult Education programs.
- The employment rate for the fall 2016 batch was 8%.
- Remaining students go on to join universities.
- Courses offered at College Merici are mentioned below:
|Type of Program||Stream||Language||Total Number of Programs||Intake|
|Pre-University Program||Life Sciences||French and Bilingual French-English||2||August or January|
|Social Sciences||French and Bilingual French-English||4||August or January or Summer intake|
|Vocational Training||Orthotics and Prosthetics||French||1||August or January|
|Management – Tourism||French||4||August or January|
|Humanities||French||4||August or January|
|Adult Education||Humanities – Tourism, Hotel Management and Restaurant studies||French||4||August|
|Health and Social Services||French||2||August or January|
Programs are conducted on the following schedules
- Full time day classes
- Evening classes only
- Full-time summer courses
Know Your Requirements
- Scores of English language tests such as TOEFL or IELTS in case of a bilingual program.
- Scores of French language tests such as TFI, TCF, TEF or DELF B2 or DALF C1 for a French program in case if the applicant is not from a French-speaking country.
- French proficiency level should be B2 minimum.
- Submit the required documents namely
- Compulsory: results of the last 3 years of formal education.
- If available: mark sheet of class 12 studies or high school diploma.
- Recent diplomas and certificates
- These documents should either be in French or English or should be translated and notarized English or French copies should be submitted.
- It usually takes 2 to 4 weeks for application scrutiny and candidates will be informed of the result via both post and email.
Apply at College Merici
Common steps of admission are mentioned are below:
- Confirm that you meet all the educational pre-requisites of the desired program.
- Once the program is selected, apply through on the College Merici website under ‘Demande D’Admission’.
- Non-reimbursable application fees, to be paid by VISA/Mastercard/wire transfer, are as given below:
- Canadian student: CAD 45
- Canadian student applying for a bilingual program: CAD 75
- International student: CAD 150
- International student applying for a bilingual program: CAD 180
- Students can manage their application process from the College Merici online service Omnivox or the Omnivox app.
Fee and Expenses at College Merici
Total tuition fees for various programs for both domestic and international students are given below:
Attestation of College Studies
|Program||Net Annual Fees|
|Bilingual Manager||CAD 3465|
|Hotel Management||CAD 4043|
|Event Management||CAD 4043|
|Supervisor: Tourism, lodging boarding and restaurants||CAD 3080|
|Adventure Tourism and Ecotourism||CAD 6083|
|Primary Flight Training||CAD 53492|
Diploma of College Studies
|Program||Net Annual Fees|
|DEC Springboard, Life Sciences and Humanities||CAD 2811|
|Special Education, Accounting, Tourism and Hotel Management||CAD 2842|
|Restaurant Management||CAD 2996|
|Orthotics and Prosthetics||CAD 3412|
The complete breakdown of fees and additional expenses apart from those mentioned above are available on the college website.
Work While You Study
There is a four-month summer break from May to August where a student is allowed to stay in Canada and work full-time or return to their home country.
There are 2 essential documents for foreigners to work in Canada:
- Study permit - This document is required if the student is not a Canadian and if the student is not a permanent resident of Canada. If a student’s study permit does not state that they are allowed to work in Canada, they have to request an amendment to the study permit, from the IRCC if they are desirous of working in Canada.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) – SIN is mandatory for employment in Canada to work both on and off campus. A student can apply in person for a SIN card at a Service Canada office in Quebec City. Students are required to furnish the study permit and other documents while applying for SIN.
The various work options available for students of College Merici are as follows:
|Work on campus||Certain on-campus positions regularly open for students. Part-time and summer opportunities are posted on the online college job board throughout the year. |
|Work off campus||A student can for a maximum of 20 hours per week during normal academic sessions. Part-time students are allowed to work off campus to finish the last semester of their program.|
As Quebec City is filled with touristic attractions and many hotels for tourists, students can easily find part-time work in the tourism and hotel management industries.
Scholarships and Financial Grants
- College Merici provides students with up to CDN 50,000 worth of scholarships to its students, thanks to the generosity of its donors.
- Students can be awarded scholarships starting from CDN 500/year to CDN 1000/year.
- Merici College Foundation provides funds to current students in case of a financial emergency and if the student has suddenly found themselves low on monetary resources.
- The Financial Aid department of the Education Ministry of Quebec has various scholarships and student loans for students who can prove genuine financial need.
- Applicant has to be a Canadian national, a permanent resident of Canada or a refugee.
- More info on the Ministry website.
What After Graduating from College Merici?
- 8% of the students who graduate from College Merici are formally employed.
- 92% of the students go on to join other universities.