College of New Caledonia: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The College of New Caledonia has been a place for excellent education for students since 1969. The campus area stretches to approximately 117,500 sq. km. comprising a total population of 148,000 people. The college offers programs in more than 70 subject areas such as health sciences, trades and technologies, social services, business and university studies. Furthermore, students get exposure to career, technical, vocational training, and University Credit programming. Interestingly, the Career Technical Centre (CTC) program allows students to graduate from high school with their first year of technical training already completed.
The College of New Caledonia has six campuses in the province in Prince George, Burns Lake, Fort St. James, Mackenzie, Quesnel, and Vanderhoof. CNC is an important part of post-secondary in northern B.C. The college has 345 administrative staff. For the best educational service, CNC offers small class sizes, not in excess of 37 students. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, CNC campuses, including many service departments have shifted to alternate forms of service delivery, I.e. online.
College of New Caledonia Rankings
College of New Caledonia is ranked:
- According to Unipage, College of New Caledonia ranks 2673 in world
- CNC ranks 138 among colleges in Canada according to Webometrics.
- The college featured in the top 50 Research Colleges in Canada 2015.
- According to UniPage, CNC ranks 77th among universities in Canada.
College of New Caledonia Campus
- College of New Caledonia has six community campuses that offer educational opportunities.
- They include Vanderhoof, Quesnel, Mackenzie, Fort St. James, Burns Lake, and Prince George.
- Vanderhoof is the home to CNC's first community campus, which opened in 1975. [ii]
- At the Quesnel campus, there exists a thriving and active local culture such as endless year-round outdoor recreation.
- Fort St. James campus is known for its outdoor adventure sports.
- Prince George Activator Society established in 1971 supports men as they transition from incarceration back into society. Cafeteria is also available on the first floor of the Prince George campus main building, and at the Brink building.
- Testing & Tutoring Services (TTS) is open all year to provide students with free tutoring services as well as testing services for CNC students and students that wish to write exams from other institutions.
- Wellness Coach is also available for students that offer various services including working on stress and time management and coping skills. The Wellness Coach can also provide students support and information related to CNC policies and procedures.
College of New Caledonia Residence
- CNC Housing provides an affordable and centrally located community living close to shopping, transportation, recreational facilities, and forest trails.
- They also have a new Aboriginal House opening later this year. College of New Caledonia offers 92-room on-campus housing.
- The On-campus housing has rooms with kitchen and laundry facilities.
- The housing facilities have student advisors to assist students with issues that they face in school years.
- Rooms are comfortable and are joined to one other room to share a bathroom.
- On-campus housing fees per month (450 CAD). It doesn’t include food. Three meals are provided per day.
- Bedrooms assigned to occupants come with a complete bed, dresser, desk (or table), chair, and lamp.
- Students can choose to rent-off campus apartments as well.
- There is housekeeping available for international candidates.
- For residence, the application fee is CAD 20 while room deposit cost is CAD 100.
- As Space is limited, the application must be 6-9 months in advance or as soon as possible.
College of New Caledonia Programs
- The College of New Caledonia offers 93 Programs with 851 courses.
- Due to the pandemic, most courses are offered online only a few are offered in-person (mostly science courses).
- CNC offers Apprenticeship Programs, Distance Education, Online Courses, and Professional Development courses.
- International Candidates can join English as a Second Language Program.
- Registration fee per term is 350 CAD and the program fee payment deadline is August.
College of New Caledonia Application Process
The College of New Caledonia offers programs through three semesters for aboriginal and international students. Applicants are encouraged to apply at a minimum of 6 months before the start of the semester, which they plan to attend.
Applications for admission are open from September 15 to March 31 for most programs. Applications can be in 3 processes; open/limited/selective
Application portal: Submission required documents and transcripts must be through the online portal-Education Planner BC or paper form.
Application fee – 40 CAD for domestic students and 138 CAD for international students.
- Official transcripts
- Secondary school subjects certificate
- English proficiency test —IELTS, TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose
- Passport; first page, Visa/entry stamps, and last page
- Current study permit.
- Study Permit Enrollment letter.
- Certified Letter of Acceptance
- Passport photo (headshot photo)
- Bank statement (applicants or parents/guardians account)
- Letter of explanation
Home country requirements for applicants may vary. Also, Some programs have specific requirements.
- writing samples
College of New Caledonia Cost of Attendance
Below is the cost of studying at the College of New Caledonia which includes expenses such as tuition, residence, fees, housing, health, and personal items cost.
Tuition should be deposited before issuance of a Letter of Acceptance (LOA).
|Type of fee||Amount (CAD)|
|Average annual tuition||3111.10|
|Health/Medical Insurance or coverage||150|
|University transfer courses, 3 credits(per course)||1195|
|Registration fee (per term)||350|
|Academic upgrading (per course)||1560|
|English language training (ELT)||4700|
|Homestay (accommodation)||200 + 700 (monthly)|
|Residence (large room)||400|
|Residence (standard room)||500|
College of New Caledonia Financial Aid
- College of New Caledonia offers consultation on student loan issues, and relief with applications on financial assistance, personal budgeting, and more.
- CNC offers individual scholarships, bursaries, and awards ranging from 250 to 1500 CAD based primarily on academic achievement and other relative needs.
- Scholarship awards are usually closed until mid-October.
- Scholarships and bursaries are only eligible when students have registered for fall and spring semesters.
- Students who already have financial assistance can still apply for others.
Below are some available for students
|Scholarships||Worth||Eligibility and Criteria|
|Greig Taylor Memorial Scholarship||1000 CAD||—|
|Dillon Adey Memorial Endowment||7000 CAD||—|
|Allied Van lines Scholarship||1000 CAD||Essay & Transcripts|
|1800 wheelchair Scholarship||500 CAD||3.0 GPA, 16 years and above.|
College of New Caledonia Alumni Network
College of New Caledonia connects its alumni with exciting developments and events at the College. CNC has networked over 100,000 CNC graduates
Some notable alumni include:
- Canadian politician Shirley Bond
- Frank Oberle Jr
- Politician Bruce Strachan
- Director Nilesh Patel
College of New Caledonia Placements
- The Student Employment website allows employers to post job opportunities online for our students as well as provide information regarding our annual Career Fair, NorthWorks, that's held in partnership with UNBC.
- WorkBC offers a number of free services that can help you develop your resume and cover letter.
- NorthWorks is the institute’s annual career fair hosted in partnership with UNBC. Exhibitors from all over the country are welcomed to attend to promote employment opportunities and connect with some of the best and brightest students that Northern BC has to offer.
- Students are to find their apprenticeship placements themselves after the completion of their program.
- Furthermore, the students can develop and enhance their skills using resources such as Government of Canada Essential Skills, Skills Canada, Skill Plan BC, and Industry Training Authority Essential Skills.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal : https://cnc.bc.ca/international-education/international-students/apply
The College of New Caledonia is located in Prince George, which is a small city contains almost everything.the main attraction of this college is less tuition fee compared to any other colleges or universities. Moreover, the Pdit program is helping us for getting different types of certificates like ccna, data centre, comptia a+, Microsoft server, Linux and so on. This will help us for getting a good job
Course Curriculum :
The course are in my program is very good, these will definitely helpful for the future. By studying this Pdit program we are able to get the certificates from Cisco, Microsoft,comptia a+ , and so on. The teaching style is very good, contains many quizzes, labs, exams, assignments , group activities. Almost everything about IT is here, in this program. Due to the corona everything is in online including our labs. The in person labs were better than the online because we have the chance to use all the Orginal equipments.for every course we need 72% to pass .
CNC has evolved so much as the world changed and they've also brought new technology and innovation which will help me develop lasting, meaningful workforce skills. After securing a GPA of 7.8, I had to submit a common application form. My application fee was around $350.
Course Curriculum :
Psychology is the scientific study of mind and behavior. Psychology provided us a wealth of insight into people's thoughts, feelings, and actions, both in personal and professional life. A background in psychology can be just as useful for understanding ourselves and our relationships as it can be for advancing to the next level in your education and career, whether in psychology or in one of the many fields that apply psychology.
As compared to other colleges, this college has a higher acceptance rate for international students, mainly due to the tuition fees being into 4 times higher than the Canadian student. Although the admission process was very lengthy. I had applied six months before and when I had given up my hopes for this college, finally I got a mail after a long game of waiting .I registered myself from the college admission portal and paid $100 for the application form and apart from this college I had also applied in two different colleges
Course Curriculum :
I would say it was a mixture of theory as well as practical based course, in which I learned how to identify species, types of forests and many things that make up the flora and fauna . Conversation practices was a major part of practical lessons.
At CNC, I got so much more than an education- whether it’s continuing on to a big university or launching my career, I knew that they'll help me prepare me for my next phase in life. They also helped me build and develop life skills. My GPA was 7. I had to submit an online application form costing around $100.
Course Curriculum :
This program gave me a solid grounding in accounting and finance. I was prepared for entry-level positions in public practice and private industry, and receive credits towards professional accounting programs. Additional study and work experience can lead to careers such as controller, treasurer, public accountant, and auditor.
It was affordable for me and my friends are also in this collage I like the environment of this college and also it is the best college it has a variety of course and staff is friendly I hear this college from my friends who told me to do my higher studies here. Also, the college is located in a very good location.
Course Curriculum :
Very friendly staff and all are very helpful to students whenever we want to know about something our teachers help us and sort out the problems for us.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary