College Shawinigan Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
College Shawinigan is a public college and vocational school established in the year 1968. Formerly it was known as Cegep de Shawinigan. The college is located in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada. It offers a variety of Technical, academic and internship programs.
Why choose College Shawinigan?
College Shawinigan also offers Pre University as well as technical programs. The various reasons to join College Shawinigan is as follows:
- Webometrics ranked College Shawinigan 265th in Canada.
- The College Technology and Transfer Centre is recognized and affiliated by the Quebec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports
- All the courses offered in French language only.
- The college has agreements with other organizations in Germany, France, Mexico, Peru, and India.
- DEC-BEC program allows students to get credit towards university courses
What students say?
- Smaller classroom makes the learning more intimate
- College provides their students the flexibility to study at the campus of their choice.
- They will get practical experience through the college work-study and internship program.
|Type of College||Public|
|Total number of students||1300|
|Annual acceptance rate||1200 students annually|
|Basic Tuition Fee For International Students||$10,762|
|Test Scores Accepted||TFI or TCF|
College Shawinigan Campus and Housing
College Shawinigan has two campuses located at the following different locations:
- The main campus of College Shawinigan is located in Shawinigan
- Another campus is located in La Tuque.
Housing Facilities/ Residences
- College Shawinigan doesn’t provide any on-campus facility to their students.
- They set up a service to help students finding housing near the CEGEP
- The off-campus housing cost ranges from $50 - $560
- Bank of housing help students to find house near college
Programs offered at College Shawinigan
The college offers Pre-University, Technical, academic, and internship programs to students. Pre-university and technical programs are offered in the following different fields of study:
- Arts, Literature and Communications
- Science of Nature
- Humanities: profile Administration
- Human Sciences: Individual Profile
- Human Sciences: World View Profile
- Technique in Pre-Hospital emergency care
- Micro Editing and Hypermedia
- Medical care
- Bio-medical analysis technology
- Accounting and management techniques
- Early childhood education techniques
- Mechanical Engineering Techniques: Design
- Computer Techniques: Management Informatics
- Laboratory techniques: biotechnologies
- Laboratory Techniques: Analytical Chemistry
College Shawinigan Application Process
Students must go through the list of requirements on the official website before applying for this college.
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of French Language Proficiency
- A copy of passport
French Language Requirement
- International students must pass International French Test (IFT) or the Test of Knowledge of French (TCF)
- Clear TFI exam with at least 750 marks or higher on the TCF
What to do next?
- Visit the SRAM (Regional Admissions Service of Metropolitan Montreal) to apply for admission
- Analysis of student’s academic record is done by SRAM
- Once the evaluation is complete, students will receive a letter of admission
- Once the letter is obtained, make a request of CAQ (Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec)
- Students must submit a copy of their letter of admission
Admission request can be send till:
- For fall semester: March 1, 2018
- For winter semester: November 1, 2017
- Amount of Processing Fee: CAD $109
- Fees can be paid via credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex)
- Fees once paid is non-refundable
Expenses to be incurred at College Shawinigan
An outline of the expenditure to be borne by students while studying at College Shawinigan is given below –
Tuition fee for International students are tabulated below:
|Pre-University program Tuition fee for international students||$10,762|
|Technical Program tuition fee for International students||$19,932 - $16,682|
Cost of Living
|Quebec Health Insurance||$852|
|Housing Costs||$50 - $560|
|Living Expenses||$11, 825 per year|
Financial Aids offered by College Shawinigan
The college provides scholarship, awards, loans, bursaries and financial aids to the deserving students in order to complete their higher studies:
- CPMT Scholarships
- Awarded to Nursing and Laboratory Technology students, Biotechnology and Analytical Chemistry profiles
- Amount of Scholarship: $1700
- For Technical programs, Scholarship amount: $3000
- For pre-university programs, scholarship amount: $3000
List of scholarship available is as follows:
- Loran Scholarship (up to $100,000 for university studies)
- Terry fox scholarship
- Girls Hat
- Epilepsy Canada
- Diversity Scholarship
- TD Canada Trust Scholarship
- Scholarships the Order of Professional Technologist of Quebec
- Desjardins Foundation
- Toyota Canada Earth Day
- Fairfax Scholarship program
- Holstein Association of Canada
- Promotional Award for Training programs
The award of amount $1700 will be given in two instalments
- First instalment amount: $500
- Second Instalment amount: $1200
Some of the notable alumni of College Shawinigan are mentioned below:
- Fred Pellerin: Storyteller, writer, screenwriter, and singer
- Gilles Pellerin: Writer, teacher, and publisher
- Bryan Perro: Writer, an editor, and bookseller
- Luc Trudel: PQ member for the Quebec National Assembly
FIND A PROGRAM
I wanted to get admitted here as it proudly defines itself as a community of people dedicated to the creation and dissemination of knowledge and the success of its students of all ages and all profiles. In a dynamic and friendly environment specific to the C get de Shawinigan, commitment, perseverance, creativity, and thoroughness allow the development of autonomy, fulfillment, and excellence. My GPA was around 7 and I had applied through an online application form.
Course Curriculum :
I Loved new technologies and innovation and Liked to solve complex problems. I learned to harness the power of cloud computing by developing efficient and secure web and mobile solutions. I was taught to Use rich graphical interfaces to program interactive experiences or the representation of concrete phenomena. I had Complete training in the analysis, design, and development of information systems.
When I completed my +2 with 72% marks in a non-medical stream, I started looking for a good consultant who will guide me to choose a college abroad. And this college was the last college in where admissions were still going on for January intake in the computer stream so, my consultant guided me to enroll in this course without getting late for the admission. So, I decided to enroll myself online through Regional Admissions Service of Metropolitan Montreal, the application fee for that was $110.
Course Curriculum :
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary